F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
His brother Dylan in Niagra is 6'8 200lbs. From watching a ton of shift vids on YouTube of Ryan(there's a lot which is awesome) his IQ is sky high, he isn't exactly nasty but hes young that might change. I think he's perfect for ES because he's one of the few that would be just fine in the OHL physically and mentally.
Yep, and Roobroeck doesn't play like a guy just bigger than everyone else like you'd think, he's legitimately super high IQ and a great offensive stud. Definitely reminds me of Eric Staal.

Reactions: Dominance

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I'm not following how a USHL team would swoop in here? Unless they were to grant him exceptional status to the USHL, but they've shown no intention of doing that for a long while now.

USHL experts can weigh in here, but I think 15-year olds can play in the USHL? Or at least the process is easier than HC's ES rules.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Friedman was saying they were originally going to deny him but after this recent stretch they may reconsider...
hes right, he got approved after the ohl cup. originally he was going to be denied.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
For those that have seen this youngster play, how does he rank with recent players who received this status? (Wright&Bedard)

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
USHL experts can weigh in here, but I think 15-year olds can play in the USHL? Or at least the process is easier than HC's ES rules.
I’m not USHL expert but I think Chychrun attempted to play in the USHL as a 15 year old and was already guaranteed a spot on a team but USAH wouldn’t allow it. He was also already the size of a full grown man at 15 and played in the U17 worlds as a Underager, so I don’t know if the process is easier or not. I could be completely wrong so if someone else wants to weigh in on this your more than welcome to.

Reactions: Bubbles

ijuka

May 14, 2016
hes right, he got approved after the ohl cup. originally he was going to be denied.
Is this really the case? If so, I find it to be pretty strange. I wouldn't put so much emphasis on a short tournament like that. Especially since, isn't the exceptional status supposed to be so that the player's development doesn't get stalled by him having to play in an inferior league unsuitable for him? If so, I think the decisions should largely be based around club play.

Regardless, if he would have been denied otherwise but then was later approved after all, it would likely imply that he's ahead of non-exceptional status players, but probably also behind easier exceptional status decisions like Bedard and Wright, at least at this point in time.

CF Magic

Jan 30, 2022
Calgary
1649946525046.png

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I’m not USHL expert but I think Chychrun attempted to play in the USHL as a 15 year old and was already guaranteed a spot on a team but USAH wouldn’t allow it. He was also already the size of a full grown man at 15 and played in the U17 worlds as a Underager, so I don’t know if the process is easier or not. I could be completely wrong so if someone else wants to weigh in on this your more than welcome to.
USHL got stricter after DeAngelo played at 15 and got injured.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Is this really the case? If so, I find it to be pretty strange. I wouldn't put so much emphasis on a short tournament like that. Especially since, isn't the exceptional status supposed to be so that the player's development doesn't get stalled by him having to play in an inferior league unsuitable for him? If so, I think the decisions should largely be based around club play.

Regardless, if he would have been denied otherwise but then was later approved after all, it would likely imply that he's ahead of non-exceptional status players, but probably also behind easier exceptional status decisions like Bedard and Wright, at least at this point in time.

the concern was that he was not elite enough, they say him in jan and didnt think he was at that level, and said as much in emails. they didnt have their mind made up but felt like he was not at that level. his play towards the end of the season changed their minds. honestly, i think they get hung up on every player needing to be connor mcdavid instead of just really, really good.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Any scouting reports on him? From what I've read, could he be the next Jack Hughes?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I think he's a very good player, but not exceptional. It's another Hockey Canada attempt at serving as the recruiting body for the CHL. which it should not be doing.

Reactions: Bubbles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad