F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024, 1st, SJS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Would love for him to swap his commitment to Boston U to Michigan to continue the Chicago Steel --> Michigan pipeline....however, it's probably wishful thinking. :(

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
He works for the Golden State Warriors now I believe.

He also had a 5 point game last night giving him 22 in 13 games since the turn of the new year. Crazy for a kid in his 16 year old season.

Has anyone here had eyes on him this season for a full scouting report? I watched him at the U-17 Challenge and while he was a good player, he was not distinguishable in any way from the other elite players. I later learned that RSV was running through many of the teams and he was not 100 percent while playing. What he's been doing in the U this year is unprecedented . No other U-17 player has ever led the league with the amount of ppg. In fact only Jack Hughes, who was on the NTDP and not really a true league member, had a higher ppg average over the past several decades. So how good is Celebrini? Are we talking about another franchise altering number one prospect for the 24 draft??

Last edited:

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Has anyone here had eyes on him this season for a full scouting report? I watched him at the U-17 Challenge and while he was a good player, he was not distinguishable in any way from the other elite players. I later learned that RSV was running through many of the teams and he was not 100 percent while playing. What he's been doing in the U this year is underrepresented. No other U-17 player has ever led the league with the amount of ppg. In fact only Jack Hughes, who was on the NTDP and not really a true league member, had a higher ppg average over the past several decades. So how good is Celebrini? Are we talking about another franchise altering number one prospect for the 24 draft??
I will certainly defer to others who have seen him more, but I agree with you. I wasn't that impressed at the U17 challenge. I expected a much better player. I've seen him play for the Steel once this year against NTDP Under 18 team. He has skill and made some nice plays, but I would hardly say he was dominating out there. Celebrini's stats are really good obviously but I prefer Eiserman quite easily from what I've seen so far looking to next year. Looking at historical precedents, when you consider that Celebrini plays on a stacked team and Svechnikov comfortably led his team in scoring in his D-1, I don't think the difference is very much.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
I will certainly defer to others who have seen him more, but I agree with you. I wasn't that impressed at the U17 challenge. I expected a much better player. I've seen him play for the Steel once this year against NTDP Under 18 team. He has skill and made some nice plays, but I would hardly say he was dominating out there. Celebrini's stats are really good obviously but I prefer Eiserman quite easily from what I've seen so far looking to next year. Looking at historical precedents, when you consider that Celebrini plays on a stacked team and Svechnikov comfortably led his team in scoring in his D-1, I don't think the difference is very much.

Eiserman certainly has a better shot and looks like a better skater than Celebrini but again I haven't really delved to deep into either's game play. Celebrini's stats are even more impressive than Svechnikov's were and I'm not all that sure that this year's Steel team can be considered a "stacked" roster. I'm just wondering if Celebrini has that "IT" factor where all his attributes just add up to a future super-star player. Not many fans of the USHL on this site so it may be hard to find a poster who has seen a lot of Celebrini this year.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Eiserman certainly has a better shot and looks like a better skater than Celebrini but again I haven't really delved to deep into either's game play. Celebrini's stats are even more impressive than Svechnikov's were and I'm not all that sure that this year's Steel team can be considered a "stacked" roster. I'm just wondering if Celebrini has that "IT" factor where all his attributes just add up to a future super-star player. Not many fans of the USHL on this site so it may be hard to find a poster who has seen a lot of Celebrini this year.
The Steel have 4 of the top 6 scorers in the USHL. 3 NHL picks with undoubtedly more come June. 2nd best record in the USHL. Maybe they aren't running laps around the USHL, but they have a very talented team. Svech led his team in scoring by a lot when you look on a per game basis. The 3rd leading scorer on the Lumberjacks that year had 38 points and was a defenseman. The Steel should have 6 forwards end up with 40+ points this year. 7 if you count Finley.

I haven't seen him play a ton, but I don't see a superstar with Celebrini. For me, Eiserman is the complete package and a potential superstar. He's got all the tools - size/skating/hands/shot - all exceptional and has dominated just about every game I've seen him play.

Reactions: wetcoast

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Not only that, but the same club, North Shore Winter Club in North Van.
Imagine a team with Connor, Macklin and Dryden on it.

Would have never happend because Connor played Peewee A1 in his second year of Atom, and Dryden moved to BWC iirc

Corso

Aug 13, 2018

Yeah, I still haven't seen a complete game with him but as of right now he has to be considered the favorite to go 1st over-all next summer. I mean the skill level on this kid is right off the charts! I said it before, what he is doing this year in the USHL as a 16 year old is unprecedented.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, I still haven't seen a complete game with him but as of right now he has to be considered the favorite to go 1st over-all next summer. I mean the skill level on this kid is right off the charts! I said it before, what he is doing this year in the USHL as a 16 year old is unprecedented.

That was a pretty sick goal but that defense was horrible.

hopefully in his next "best on best" like tournament he won't be sick.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Kid looks incredible. Elite skater, fast/explosive/agile, elite puck skills, super creative, and he has a great motor too. I’m surprised he’s not getting more media attention, he looks like a strong early favourite for 1OA, and if he keeps developing well, a really strong 1OA. Looking likely to be back-to-back stud 1OA picks from Vancouver.

Probably getting less hype than you’d expect because he’s a Canadian playing in the USHL - Canadian media focused on the CHL, American media focused on Americans. Plus everyone’s attention on 2023. But next year, people will be losing their shit for this kid.

And to get even more ahead of myself, Michael Misa looks incredible too, for the 2025 draft. If Bedard, Celebrini and Misa all pan out, could be the strongest 3 straight 1OA picks in ages (McDavid/Matthews and Crosby/Ovechkin both surrounded by mediocre-to-weak 1OAs).

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Bro...is the slogan for the tankathon in 2024 going to be losing for Macklin?

I know it's early but he may very well be separating himself from all potential challengers for the number one pick next summer. Five friggen goals, how much more dominant can you be??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad