F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024, 1st, SJS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I think Celebrini is going to go number one in 2024.

He looks to be right around the Adam Fantilli, and arguably Jack Hughes level as a USHL prospect, and he is a good bit ahead of Eiserman and Kiviharju in the race for top prospect.

He's not a Hughes level USHL prospect. That doesn't take away from the fact that he's no doubt an excellent player and prospect and a top candidate for #1 overall.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Kiviharju is most likely the best player out of the bunch right now by good margin. His numbers are record breaking for any defenseman ever in international play or in Finnish leagues.

I actually still agree Celebrini and Eiserman might be better prospects if we think about NHL projection. I still think Jack Hughes was clearly a better prospect at same age, he simply had more world class tools.
Kiviharju peaked early in my opinion.

Celebrini/Eiserman are better prospects at this stage - maybe even a couple more.

Hell I’m not convinced Kiviharju is the best Finnish defender next year.

Reactions: wetcoast

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Kiviharju is most likely the best player out of the bunch right now by good margin. His numbers are record breaking for any defenseman ever in international play or in Finnish leagues.

I actually still agree Celebrini and Eiserman might be better prospects if we think about NHL projection. I still think Jack Hughes was clearly a better prospect at same age, he simply had more world class tools.
Kiviharju looked good at Hlinka and u18 but looked pretty awful at the u20 pretournament games

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I haven't been following Celebrini's rise as a prospect.

Would he go ahead of Fantilli if he was in this draft? Or is it like 1A-1B?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I haven't been following Celebrini's rise as a prospect.

Would he go ahead of Fantilli if he was in this draft? Or is it like 1A-1B?

I'm more impressed by Celebrini's skill at the same age. I think it's unlikely he'd go ahead of Fantilli right now, but it's not really a fair comparison. NHL teams probably wouldn't pass on a guy with Fantilli's size who's assuredly going to be a center at the NHL. Not saying that Celebrini won't end up a better prospect but there's more unknowns with him right now compared to a guy like Fantilli who's always had the frame NHL teams love. If Celebrini hits a growth spurt (his older brother is 6'1") that changes the equation quite a bit.

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018
I'm more impressed by Celebrini's skill at the same age. I think it's unlikely he'd go ahead of Fantilli right now, but it's not really a fair comparison. NHL teams probably wouldn't pass on a guy with Fantilli's size who's assuredly going to be a center at the NHL. Not saying that Celebrini won't end up a better prospect but there's more unknowns with him right now compared to a guy like Fantilli who's always had the frame NHL teams love. If Celebrini hits a growth spurt (his older brother is 6'1") that changes the equation quite a bit.
Is he ahead of Eiserman in your opinion? Or neck and neck right now? Without watching either, I’m having a hard time gauging the ranking of these two relative to each other.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Is he ahead of Eiserman in your opinion? Or neck and neck right now? Without watching either, I’m having a hard time gauging the ranking of these two relative to each other.

I'm more of a "tiers" ranking guy beyond truly generational guys a la McDavid. I would have those two in the same (top) tier. They both have elite skill. I think people underrate Eiserman's playmaking and Celebrini's goal scoring. Eiserman is the better skater, Celebrini plays the premier position. Both guys could end up average height wise, but they have solid frames where you could see their heights not being an issue because of their compactness.

I'm sure folks will cherry pick stats either way. Some will point to Eiserman's WHC U17 performance, but Eiserman is on his regular (and more talented) team in that tournament. Others will point to Celebrini's USHL stats, but he benefits from playing on the top USHL team (also top scoring), with better, significantly older, and more physically mature teammates than Eiserman.

Right now Celebrini plays center, although I'm not sure he sticks there long term without a growth spurt. If he does stick, that's a big consideration when it comes to draft time as Eiserman has pretty much always been a winger, and NHL teams will usually go center if they see the options being close.

Last edited:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Kiviharju peaked early in my opinion.

Celebrini/Eiserman are better prospects at this stage - maybe even a couple more.

Hell I’m not convinced Kiviharju is the best Finnish defender next year.
It’s a stretch not to call him very clear favourite to be highest drafted Finnish defenceman next year. A lot can happen, but he is landslide ahead everyone of his competition.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It’s a stretch not to call him very clear favourite to be highest drafted Finnish defenceman next year. A lot can happen, but he is landslide ahead everyone else.
You’re right - if we would be doing a draft right now, Kiviharju would go quite high and would probably be the first Finnish player off the bord. But if I’m projecting who will be a More valuable player come draft day, over a year from now - I really like what I have seen from Veeti Väisänen and I truly believe he could overtake Kiviharju - he has continues to improve over ever viewing I have had, has good size at 6’0”, has very good defensive IQ and is as effortless a skater as I have seen.

Time will tell - of course, and I have all three of Demidov, Celebrini and Eiserman clearly ahead of Kivi right now.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
You’re right - if we would be doing a draft right now, Kiviharju would go quite high and would probably be the first Finnish player off the bord. But if I’m projecting who will be a More valuable player come draft day, over a year from now - I really like what I have seen from Veeti Väisänen and I truly believe he could overtake Kiviharju - he has continues to improve over ever viewing I have had, has good size at 6’0”, has very good defensive IQ and is as effortless a skater as I have seen.

Time will tell - of course, and I have all three of Demidov, Celebrini and Eiserman clearly ahead of Kivi right now.
You’re underestimating Kivi’s defensive IQ, it is certainly higher than Väisänen. It’s higher than Miro Heiskanen at the same age, but skating and size is holding him back right now.

Kivi has world class IQ and it’s highest i’ve ever seen by Finnish prospect. If it was only elite he wouldn’t even be first round talent. He is transition wizard, but he lacks shot, speed and offensive confidence at times.

Last edited:

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
How do you all rate Celebrini (b. Jun 13 '06 d. 2024) compared to Misa (b. Feb 16 '07 d. 2025), and McKenna (b. Dec 20 '07 d. 2026)?

For me now, I'd have 1. Misa 2. McKenna and 3. Celebrini, but I could see McKenna being the best of the three eventually.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

That's good insight. Celebrini hasn't received the same attention due to this year's ridiculous draft class but being close to Fantilli is excellent for a prospect.

It'll be interesting to see how he develops this year and next.

Reactions: William H Bonney

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
What Celebrini has done in the USHL is much more impressive than Fantilli.

At the same age, Fantilli produced 36 points in 49 games. A .073 Points per game average.

Celebrini has 38 points in 25 games played. A 1.52 PPG average.

Yes Fantilli is bigger - But when talking about raw numbers at the same age, Celebrini blows him out of the water - in fact Celebrini is having the best season in the USHL at 16 since Svechnikov who scored at a 1.21 PPG pace in 2016/17.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
What Celebrini has done in the USHL is much more impressive than Fantilli.

At the same age, Fantilli produced 36 points in 49 games. A .073 Points per game average.

Celebrini has 38 points in 25 games played. A 1.52 PPG average.

Yes Fantilli is bigger - But when talking about raw numbers at the same age, Celebrini blows him out of the water - in fact Celebrini is having the best season in the USHL at 16 since Svechnikov who scored at a 1.21 PPG pace in 2016/17.

I agree that Celebrini is having a better U17 USHL season but the stats are a bit misleading. Fantilli had far less prime opportunities compared to Celebrini because the team Fantilli was on was absolutely loaded, one of if not the best USHL team ever. Fantilli would have had a lot more opportunity on this Chicago Steel team than he had on his version. Even then, I don't think he produces at Celebrini's pace but the stats story would be very different.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I believe Wood is a February or March birthday, whereas Celebrini is a June birthday and will be one of the youngest players in his draft class.
Four months isn't really much of a difference in that case.

Part of me wonders if the U would want Eisermsan to accelerate if they lose all three of Cooley, Knies, and Snuggerud. But haven't heard any buzz about that and it's harder to do at NTDP.

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
How do you all rate Celebrini (b. Jun 13 '06 d. 2024) compared to Misa (b. Feb 16 '07 d. 2025), and McKenna (b. Dec 20 '07 d. 2026)?

For me now, I'd have 1. Misa 2. McKenna and 3. Celebrini, but I could see McKenna being the best of the three eventually.
1. Misa
2. Celebrini
3. McKenna

if this included Hagens also a top center prospect in that span, I would have him at 1

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Part of me wonders if the U would want Eisermsan to accelerate if they lose all three of Cooley, Knies, and Snuggerud. But haven't heard any buzz about that and it's harder to do at NTDP.
Eiserman would be really young, even younger than Werenski if he were to accelerate. He doesn't turn 17 until the end of August, that's pretty young to enter college. I know there was a $50k buyout fee players had to pay to the NTDP if they leave early, I don't know if they still do or if they waive it if kids go to college early

All of that said, I agree and think he ends up at Minnesota this fall

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Another 2 goals today.

Leads the ushl in ppg from what I'm reading.

23 goals in 30 games.

How good is this player? Any comparison?

Is Eiserman that much ahead and projectable a player that he's a clear cut 1st overall?

Celebrini
Eiserman
Demidov

Top 3 players for 24 draft?

Though from the 3 Demidov looks the best in highlights.

Last edited:

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Another 2 goals today.

Leads the ushl in ppg from what I'm reading.

23 goals in 30 games.

How good is this player? Any comparison?

Is Eiserman that much ahead and projectable a player that he's a clear cut 1st overall?

Celebrini
Eiserman
Demidov

Top 3 players for 24 draft?

Though from the 3 Demidov looks the best in highlights.
There's a context thing when considering Macklin's production with older linemates all though probably lower-skilled but at that age, it matters

Eiserman, you can be more sure of what he is at the NHL level where as Macklin you got to think if he sticks at the center. Eiserman would probably be debatable with the top 4 this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad