F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024, 1st, SJS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Kid looks incredible. Elite skater, fast/explosive/agile, elite puck skills, super creative, and he has a great motor too. I’m surprised he’s not getting more media attention, he looks like a strong early favourite for 1OA, and if he keeps developing well, a really strong 1OA. Looking likely to be back-to-back stud 1OA picks from Vancouver.

Probably getting less hype than you’d expect because he’s a Canadian playing in the USHL - Canadian media focused on the CHL, American media focused on Americans. Plus everyone’s attention on 2023. But next year, people will be losing their shit for this kid.

And to get even more ahead of myself, Michael Misa looks incredible too, for the 2025 draft. If Bedard, Celebrini and Misa all pan out, could be the strongest 3 straight 1OA picks in ages (McDavid/Matthews and Crosby/Ovechkin both surrounded by mediocre-to-weak 1OAs).
Agree with most of this except that the McDavid/Mathews/Hischier is selling the last guy a bit short as he is an outstanding 2 way guy who has had hiccups to be sure but still it's the most recent bar to beat.

I know it's early but he may very well be separating himself from all potential challengers for the number one pick next summer. Five friggen goals, how much more dominant can you be??
Well he could have scored 6 but it seems like he was reading some of the naysayers on this thread before the game.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Likely to stay at C?
I guess that is always a question for an under 6' player but he is only 16 and listed as 5'11 so I don't think size will be an issue. His puck distribution and creativity is elite so I'd be surprised if he doesn't remain at Center in the NHL

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Agree with most of this except that the McDavid/Mathews/Hischier is selling the last guy a bit short as he is an outstanding 2 way guy who has had hiccups to be sure but still it's the most recent bar to beat.

Well he could have scored 6 but it seems like he was reading some of the naysayers on this thread before the game.
What about Kane/stamkos/Tavares? Those guys are pretty good too

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What about Kane/stamkos/Tavares? Those guys are pretty good too

Sure but if one were ranking best 3 consecutive #1's overall they would be easily behind McDavid/Matthews/Nico and even Crosby/Ovechkin and either of MAF or Eric Johnson.

We will see how the next 3 #1 overall guys make out.

Reactions: Dominance

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Sure but if one were ranking best 3 consecutive #1's overall they would be easily behind McDavid/Matthews/Nico and even Crosby/Ovechkin and either of MAF or Eric Johnson.

We will see how the next 3 #1 overall guys make out.
sorry I meant to quote the poster that said they could be the best 3 in ages besides those 3 because Crosby and Ovi were surrounded by lesser players. I was just pointing out to that poster that Kane/Stammer/JT is also a pretty high bar for 3 in a row.

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Chris Peters in his podcast said he could grow to 6'1-6'2" and is already listed at 6'0"195 according to the Chicago Steel line chats

You can temper the hype a little bit when considering the goalie let in 7 goals on 37 shots and its the best team in the USHL playing against a u17 team.

My question for the Celebrini Eiserman debate would be around if you switched the teams could you switch the stat line tonight.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
My question for the Celebrini Eiserman debate would be around if you switched the teams could you switch the stat line tonight.
Perhaps but I'm not sure if it would matter all that much. Yes the NTDP is younger but also much more talented than your typical USHL team. Chicago has 3 current drafted players and will most likely have a couple more drafted this upcoming draft and of course Celebrini for 24. That's 6 players compared to the 13-15 players that are usually drafted every year from the NTDP.

I would not yet call Chicago the best team in the USHL. They certainly are a contender for the league title but Fargo, Waterloo, Youngstown and Green Bay will all have soemthing to say about that,

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Have only been able to watch live once (At WHC17) but based on the highlights I see a Brayden Point type skillset, hands, IQ and speed are best attributes. Doesn’t have a standout generational attribute like a Matthews’ shot or McDavid’s speed, but very few holes and very well rounded

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
A few weeks ago Eiserman was having a big tournament and people were saying he's a lock for first overall and that celebrini doesn't have any specific quality that makes him stand out. Now celebrini is going on a spree and everyone says he's a lock for first overall. Funny how it goes.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
A few weeks ago Eiserman was having a big tournament and people were saying he's a lock for first overall and that celebrini doesn't have any specific quality that makes him stand out. Now celebrini is going on a spree and everyone says he's a lock for first overall. Funny how it goes.

Eiserman was my personal fav to go first over all but to be fair I think most scouts and quite a few posters have had Celebrini as the top for quite some time.

I really haven't watched all that much of Celebrini compared to Eiserman but I just cannot discount what he is doing in the U. No other player (with the exception of Hughes who did not play on a USHL team but the NTDP) has put up the numbers that Celebrini has.

Reactions: GoBoltz56

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Celebrini, as the centreman with better tools who performed better while the two were in the same team, has always been ahead for most and on every reputable list I have seen.

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Eiserman and Celebrini both had 5 goals this weekend in the series Celebrini's just came in one game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad