F Joakim Kemell - JYP, FIN JRS (2022, 17th, NSH)

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Kemell knows how to score and doesnt fumble the puck as much as Lambert. So yes the difference there is significant. The biggest difference is imo in their offensive zone positioning, physical play and ofc Kemell's shot is a lot better.
Well, he just scored again. PP goal

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It was said on Finnish sport news sites that Lambert might go to a Canadian junior league now in the middle of the season and the reason for it seems obvious. It seems like he's getting overshadowed by Kemell's success too hard. That could drop Lambert's stocks in the draft if he doesn't go, so he probably should go if he thinks he can't do better in SM-Liiga now. Lambert would have to do well in Canada though.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
It was said on Finnish sport news sites that Lambert might go to a Canadian junior league now in the middle of the season and the reason for it seems obvious. It seems like he's getting overshadowed by Kemell's success too hard. That could drop Lambert's stocks in the draft if he doesn't go, so he probably should go if he thinks he can't do better in SM-Liiga now. Lambert would have to do well in Canada though.
I think you're in the wrong thread.

Reactions: ponder and Jussi

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
He didn't have flu. That would have kept him sidelined longer.

Luckily he had just common cold and seems already ok.
Well the term ”flunssa” was used. Of course that was when they didn’t know how long he will be sick. Kind of semantics anyway. He was sick and missed a game because of it. That is the really relevant thing.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I find that even with his impressive production, he just doesnt pass the eye test as a top 5 for me, he can skate and shoot but makes far too often mistakes under pressure.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I find that even with his impressive production, he just doesnt pass the eye test as a top 5 for me, he can skate and shoot but makes far too often mistakes under pressure.
I don’t really understand what games you are even watching. To me his play looks very good exactly with his decision making. Quite a small amount of mistakes and constantly good and very smart passes especially in the offensive zone. He is also practically the playmaker and the quarterback on JYP’s 1st PP line and doing a great job with it. Constantly keeping the puck in play in a controlled way. I just don’t see what you are seeing.

Very rarely makes any crucial mistakes with the puck and the passes are very good in general. He is even making quite often really nice and clever backhand saucer passes that have opened several good shooting chances to the JYP defencemen on the power play.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I don’t really understand what games you are even watching. To me his play looks very good exactly with his decision making. Quite a small amount of mistakes and constantly good and very smart passes especially in the offensive zone. He is also practically the playmaker and the quarterback on JYP’s 1st PP line and doing a great job with it. Constantly keeping the puck in play in a controlled way. I just don’t see what you are seeing.

Very rarely makes any crucial mistakes with the puck and the passes are very good in general. He is even making quite often really nice and clever backhand saucer passes that have opened several good shooting chances to the JYP defencemen on the power play.
Yes he's good but like i said overall he's not doing anything to really stand out even with all that production, he goes invicible for 80% of the match then all the sudden scores a goal. He needs to become more dynamic for me to be convinced he's going to become a star NHL'r.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Yes he's good but like i said overall he's not doing anything to really stand out even with all that production, he goes invicible for 80% of the match then all the sudden scores a goal. He needs to become more dynamic for me to be convinced he's going to become a solid NHL'r.
But he exactly is doing those special things a lot (especially for his age) and in almost all games. But it was you who anyway even admitted himself, that you were not watching that many of his games earlier. So have you started watching them (doesn’t really sound like that though), or are you still continuing with just making comments on a rarely watched game and some highlights? I was watching almost every Liiga game from Barkov, Laine and Aho, and I can honestly say that when they were Kemell’s age none of them were at least more dominating than Kemell has been now. Maybe around that, but not better at least. Aho was a year older when he was playing at a similar level and Laine wasn’t at the same level in regular season, but he was probably at that level or even a bit better in the playoffs, when he was absolutely magnificent. Barkov was playing smart and reliable hockey, but there were not really a lot of truly wow moments from him either. Definitely not more than Kemell has had this season.

Last edited:

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
But he exactly is doing those special thing a lot and in almost all games. But it was you who anyway even admitted himself, that you were not watching that many of jos games earlier. So have you started watching them (doesn’t really sound like that though), or are you still continuing with just making comments on a rarely watched game and some highlights. I was watching almost every Liiga game from Barkov, Laine and Aho, and I can honestly say that when they were Kemell’s age none of them were at least more dominating than Kemell has been now.maybe around that, but not better at least. Aho was a year older when he was playing at a similar level and Laine wasn’t at the same level in regular season, but he was probably at that level or even a bit better in the playoffs, when he was absolutely magnificent.
I've seen about 5 of JYP's last matches, he doesn't look like a top 5, top 10 yeah for sure you act asif im saying he's not even a 1st rounder lol your just overhyping him.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I've seen about 5 of JYP's last matches, he doesn't look like a top 5, top 10 yeah for sure you act asif im saying he's not even a 1st rounder lol your just overhyping him.
Don’t you see that you are alone with your comments. Makes it pretty obvious what you are about. You must either dislike him as a person, or you just simply dislike shoot first type of players. Whatever your reason is, it’s obvious that you always have a need to end your comments about him on a negative note. Very telling indeed.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Don’t you see that you are alone with your comments. Makes it pretty obvious what you are about. You must either dislike him as a person, or you just simply dislike shoot first type of players. Whatever your reason is, it’s obvious that you always have a need to end your comments about him on a negative note. Very telling indeed.
:laugh: The Athletic has him at 6 and Craig Button at 7, but i'm alone in saying he ain't looking like a top 5 ok pal.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
:laugh: The Athletic has him at 6 and Craig Button at 7, but i'm alone in saying he ain't looking like a top 5 ok pal.
Do you seriously believe that any of those guys have even seen him play since U18 and Hlinka? I can assure you that they haven’t. Which is why their opinions about European young players at this time in general are useless.

Then after the U20 WJC is played, they will update their opinion a bit about any European player. Before that everything is pretty much set in stone for them, which is really laughable about these North American so called experts. It’s even more laughable that they value Hlinka so much. Completely idiotic, as that tournament’s about players in summertime shape and without any real meaning after all.

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

U20 tournament will be interesting with Kemell there and that will affect his draft status one way or another I'm sure. I now want to see how he looks with different team (=U20 team) and with different line mates. He should be dominating in that tournament regardless of linemates and that would put him very high in the next draft as long as the rest of his season goes pretty solid.

By the way I have no idea why MTV3's Sihvonen is suggesting that Jalonen would pick him for EHT tournament this fall or during December since the kid is busy enough as it is with U20 tournament looming ahead.

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
By the way I have no idea why MTV3's Sihvonen is suggesting that Jalonen would pick him for EHT tournament this fall or during December since the kid is busy enough as it is with U20 tournament looming ahead.
Because he'll get the Kakko & Lundell route. EHT & WHC. Jalonen won't take him to his WHC roster without EHT. If you went and asked Kemell if he wanted to play in the World Championship this spring, he'd probably say yes. And that's the route.

Reactions: Ippenator

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Yes he's good but like i said overall he's not doing anything to really stand out even with all that production, he goes invicible for 80% of the match then all the sudden scores a goal. He needs to become more dynamic for me to be convinced he's going to become a star NHL'r.
Understandable. A lot of the reason could be that his line in general isn't a very good offensive line and he's not exactly a play driver himself (not yet at least). Right now he's a very talented finisher who can play a heavy physical game and skate well. Valuable pick for a team that needs goal scoring expertise.

Reactions: Zub and Kiekura

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013

Watch him more and look who he is playing with. Yes he isn't super flashy, but he just does everything so well.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad