Do the Panthers actually get away with everything?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
You wouldnt want them on the Leafs?
Of course he would and then he would talk about how great they are and how much they changed the culture.

Pretty sure fans of all other teams would agree that skating into a goalies crease and hitting him is dirty, or charging guys and targeting their heads. But sure.
LMAO. Did varlamov get hurt? Oh he got a little payback for his slash in the midsection. Show me a Tkachuk headshot in a panthers jersey. I’ll wait forever Becuase there isn’t one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MaWa and Mogo

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
A big thing I read is how Florida gets away with everything, there's a reddit thread here:

and it's just complaining. I don't really understand? Florida took the 2nd most penalties in the league last year and will end up top 5 this year, is the assumption the Panthers should be shorthanded the whole game?

It is pretty impressive to crosscheck the goalie and not get called.

Florida uses the strategy the Bruiins used to. Commit so many infractions the refs eventually will stop calling them. And due to game management they know they're going to get power plays to even things out. So if you're a physical team with a good power play it can be an effective strategy.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It is pretty impressive to crosscheck the goalie and not get called.

Florida uses the strategy the Bruiins used to. Commit so many infractions the refs eventually will stop calling them. And due to game management they know they're going to get power plays to even things out. So if you're a physical team with a good power play it can be an effective strategy.
Except everyone in FL wants to fire the PP coach into the sun. They are a lot better 5v5.
The coach employing a strategy to intentionally take penalties because “they won’t call them all” is a coach soon to be a spectator.

It’s funny remembering all of the times this was said (Panthers fans included) about TB.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I long for the day someone makes a thread like this about the Sabres. This always Is posted for a team that is having deep playoff runs / wining cups. Kings, Blackhawks, bruins, Tampa.
Oh man I miss the days when I was apparently a fan of the Ref Wings and Olczyk couldn't get through a game without crying about the "subtle interference" they ran.

Except everyone in FL wants to fire the PP coach into the sun. They are a lot better 5v5.
The coach employing a strategy to intentionally take penalties because “they won’t call them all” is a coach soon to be a spectator.

It’s funny remembering all of the times this was said (Panthers fans included) about TB.

I'm not talking about the coach telling players to take penalties. It's about playing a physical agitating style knowing the refs will only call so much, and that if your team does get penalized the refs will even things up because of game management.

I can't speak to this year but last year the Panthers had one of the best power plays in the league.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Oh man I miss the days when I was apparently a fan of the Ref Wings and Olczyk couldn't get through a game without crying about the "subtle interference" they ran.

I'm not talking about the coach telling players to take penalties. It's about playing a physical agitating style knowing the refs will only call so much, and that if your team does get penalized the refs will even things up because of game management.

I can't speak to this year but last year the Panthers had one of the best power plays in the league.
They had the “feed rhino in the bumper spot” play. After that it was often not the brightest. The real goal/strategy is being aggressive, but not to take penalties while being so.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You wouldnt want them on the Leafs?
Tkachuk absolutely, he's a phenomenal player. He's dirty but the guys a stud and gets in the dirty areas. But he walks the line, he doesn't go overboard.

Bennett is obviously an effective player, but I genuinely despise him. There's very few players in my opinion, that genuinely try and injure their opponents with dirty hits, he's one of them. He starts punching guys before they drop the gloves, he has made several dirty hits in his career where he is usually charging and/or targeting the players head.

But whether or not I want them on the Leafs has absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed, which was the dirty hits/plays they routinely make and usually get away with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad