F Joakim Kemell - Milwaukee Admirals, AHL (2022, 17th, NSH)

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Maybe something about MiroPRKL being both a Dallas fan and a Kemell hater
Why would me being a fan of Dallas have anything to do with it, and i don't hate Kemell, i just think some people rate him abit too high but i still believe he's a surefire top 10, just my opinion i don't mean to step onto anybody's toes.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Why would me being a fan of Dallas have anything to do with it, and i don't hate Kemell, i just think some people rate him abit too high but i still believe he's a surefire top 10, just my opinion i don't mean to step onto anybody's toes.
Why you have then this very obvious need to to add a ”but” or a ”lucky” word to everything good that he has done? That way of reacting is usually very telling of how people are after all thinking of someone that they are commenting. It’s a very common way how people tend to react subconsciously when they don’t really like someone too much, but they know that they will not get a straightforward dislike approved by others. And as I said it is very telling when it happens constantly.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Why you have then this very obvious need to to add a ”but” or a ”lucky” word to everything good that he has done? That way of reacting is usually very telling of how people are after all thinking of someone that they are commenting. It’s a very common way how people tend to react subconsciously when they don’t really like someone too much, but they know that they will not get a straightforward dislike approved by others. And as I said it is very telling when it happens constantly.
Go to the beginning of the thread and you'll see for yourself i was one of the first ones to praise him here, i just dont regard him as highly as you but still i do appriciate his skill.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Hasn't been that impressive other than the shot on the PP :popcorn: But then again he's playing with aboslute plugs as teammates so he's barely had the chance to touch the puck.

Edit: He's had a good 3rd period.

Last edited:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Had he finished on the coast to coast that would've been one of the coolest goals of the season.

As mentioned, played very good 3rd period. I think this 'meidän peli' type of system that is deployed in JYP may hinder his performance a little bit while the ice time gets distributed ~equally between the lines, especially in the last couple of games. Meaning it's harder to get into game/form. Only played 14:26 minutes vs Jukurit. Of course his TOI increases whenever they are trailing as seen today (end up 18:08).

Also agree with the other poster about Helenius being a bit of a plug with limited vision and playmaking. Valkeejärvi seems talented but lacks strength. Then again this line is averaging 18 years or whatever so what can you expect really. I wouldn't mind if they experimented a little and tried to mix them up some.

Can't deny the talent with Kemell and so far he's doing fantastic.

Reactions: Ippenator

julkki

Oct 27, 2015
Jesus, the captains of Finnish hype bandwagon have returned from their caves.

Anyway, very exciting player, really a offensive threat. Nasty writer and one timer too. But really fast with his decisions in the o-zone (the infamous HoCKeY IQ1n!2)and his poise is unbeliavable. Dont actually worry yet about his weaknesses because of his strongest assests.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

manspaceman

Jan 16, 2014
Just a quick update on Kemell stats after 13 games in Liiga:
  • Leading points with 10+5
  • Leading scoring with 10 goals
  • Leading game-winning goals with 3 goals
  • 71 shots
  • Plus-minus +6
  • Hasn't taken any penalties
Last week he played ok, with 1+1, the goal being yet another filthy wrister from the point on power play.

This week also two games, can't wait to see that kid play again.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Surprised he isn’t getting more shine. Current lead the Liga in points and goals with 10g 5a in 13 games. I haven’t seen him play, but that kind of production is just ridiculous

Another Laine? Obviously he can score.

If he keeps this up it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't go minimum third, probably higher in the next draft. It's far from normal that a 17 year old is leading in SM-Liiga in points.

Reactions: grentthealien

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
As someone who has all but tuned out of following prospects thus far this year I am surprised not only by Kemell’s massive start but how it contrasts with his more hyped teammate Brad Lambert.

For those following Finnish hockey has the different between their play been as drastic as the 2 points vs 15 points makes it seem? Any explanations for the disparity or is Kemell just proving to be that much better?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mestaruus

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
For those following Finnish hockey has the different between their play been as drastic as the 2 points vs 15 points makes it seem? Any explanations for the disparity or is Kemell just proving to be that much better?
Kemell knows how to score and doesnt fumble the puck as much as Lambert. So yes the difference there is significant. The biggest difference is imo in their offensive zone positioning, physical play and ofc Kemell's shot is a lot better.

Last edited:
Reactions: grentthealien

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad