F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Just generally not super impressed. I mean he's good but I just don't see him as a dominant D-Man. There's three things I really like in a D-Man, first High I.Q. then Size and use of it and lastly error free minute munching. Just don't see that in him.

Me? but I am a Habs fan.
No, not you.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's wild to see him play this well, score this much yet be rewarded with 3 minutes of ice time. It makes no sense at all. Even Claude Julien ended up trusting a rookie Suzuki.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The flashs and points (8) he get after 11--12 games (the 12nd game he is the 13rd forward), prove that he is a superstar talent.

Stop talking about Michkov in this thread, every Habs fan wanted him, I wanted him aswell. (Or Leonard//Benson).

At this moment, Demidov is a Habs and I'm very very happy. He is different player than Michkov, but he is going to be elite, very elite like him.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
he is rotenberg's nhl pet project. he won't let him go.
There does seem to be some sort of weird agenda going on here. He's done this with consecutive top NHL prospects.

If he is intent on deploying these young guys like 4th line scrubs, wouldn't it just be easier to use veteran depth players to fill those roles? And then assign the young stars to a league where they can get minutes to develop?

It just seems like he's trying to intentionally stunt these player's development.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
There does seem to be some sort of weird agenda going on here. He's done this with consecutive top NHL prospects.

If he is intent on deploying these young guys like 4th line scrubs, wouldn't it just be easier to use veteran depth players to fill those roles? And then assign the young stars to a league where they can get minutes to develop?

It just seems like he's trying to intentionally stunt these player's development.
at least with michkov rotenberg was gracious enough to allow him to play for another club. demidov is not so lucky.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
at least with michkov rotenberg was gracious enough to allow him to play for another club. demidov is not so lucky.
Was it even up to Rotenburg?

Isn't there some KHL rule where teams have to have at least 1 rookie on their roster?
I'm not sure, but if so, feels like you could find a 24-25 year old rookie to bring in vs playing a teenager.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Isn't there some KHL rule where teams have to have at least 1 rookie on their roster?
I'm not sure, but if so, feels like you could find a 24-25 year old rookie to bring in vs playing a teenager.
KHL teams are allowed to dress up to two extra players, as long as one is 20 and under, and the other is 19 and under. So it's not so much that they HAVE to dress 2 young players, but most choose to, in case of injury and such. Demidov's current deployment is in line with how those young players typically see ice time, as in barely at all. Obviously, his skill should dictate that he sees more ice time, but what Rotenberg is doing is not totally crazy.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
KHL teams are allowed to dress up to two extra players, as long as one is 20 and under, and the other is 19 and under. So it's not so much that they HAVE to dress 2 young players, but most choose to, in case of injury and such. Demidov's current deployment is in line with how those young players typically see ice time, as in barely at all. Obviously, his skill should dictate that he sees more ice time, but what Rotenberg is doing is not totally crazy.
Thanks for the intel, learned something new today.

Reactions: JIMVINNY

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
It's horrific what SKA is doing to him. Reeks of pettiness and outright cruelty. Is there anything Montreal could do? Use backchannels to get him over.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Demidov should demand trade or release from contract, but it's up to him, if he's ok with the current situation, nothing will change.
Doesn’t matter. He needs to keep his head down, keep working in practices and when given the opportunity in games. Either the ice time will come or it’ll be a good learning experience. It build character

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
It's horrific what SKA is doing to him. Reeks of pettiness and outright cruelty. Is there anything Montreal could do? Use backchannels to get him over.

SKA isn't treating Demidov any differently than any other u20 junior age player.

Me thinks he’ll be traded/loaned if he keeps getting limited minutes. Rotenberg did the same for Michkov, Ivanov, Khusnutdinov, Buchelnikov, etc.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
SKA isn't treating Demidov any differently than any other u20 junior age player.

Me thinks he’ll be traded/loaned if he keeps getting limited minutes. Rotenberg did the same for Michkov, Ivanov, Khusnutdinov, Buchelnikov, etc.
At least they loaned Michkov to Sochi. I understand about the inability of loan due to last year of KHL contract. But the question is why do they do this to young players?

Demidov, clearly its most talented player, could help SKA this year to win. Are they doing it out of spite?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
At least they loaned Michkov to Sochi. I understand about the inability of loan due to last year of KHL contract. But the question is why do they do this to young players?

Demidov, clearly its most talented player, could help SKA this year to win. Are they doing it out of spite?

If its spite you’d think they’d treat other guys who are also not extending the same. On the contrary, (Carolina bound) Nikishin is captain….even over Kuznetsov.
Conversely, Rotenberg never gave the young and talented Buchelnikov the time of day after he extended for 3 years. Eventually traded him to Vityaz.

I really have no clue. It’s lunacy.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Should serve well for all habs fans spitting shit over michkov. Told you it was rotenberg sabotaging him just like he's doing with demidov now

Loaning Michkov to Sochi to get him ice time is a weird method of sabotaging someone.

But totally… its a hilarious justice watching Hab fans lose their shit after a large contingent of them said Michkov didnt make SKA’s roster because something was wrong with him (attitude, play, etc). Ha!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad