F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Just generally not super impressed. I mean he's good but I just don't see him as a dominant D-Man. There's three things I really like in a D-Man, first High I.Q. then Size and use of it and lastly error free minute munching. Just don't see that in him.

Me? but I am a Habs fan.
No, not you.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The flashs and points (8) he get after 11--12 games (the 12nd game he is the 13rd forward), prove that he is a superstar talent.

Stop talking about Michkov in this thread, every Habs fan wanted him, I wanted him aswell. (Or Leonard//Benson).

At this moment, Demidov is a Habs and I'm very very happy. He is different player than Michkov, but he is going to be elite, very elite like him.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Its not that hard in this case. It was obvious in the draft day. After the draft day it more obvious.

In Reinbacher/Nemec case again - it telling a lot more about how your argument doesn't work even more. Nemec was higher ranked, Nemec performed industrial d+1 year better, Nemec was clear NHLer in his D+2. Reinbacher didn't look like NHLer before injury. There are huge gap between Michkov and Cooley. So drafting Nemec was normal decision.

Drafting Reinbacher was bad decision. And I will help you with Dickinson example if you can't understand - Dickinson was used as an example of player of ~same level of Reinbacher who could be drafted for need over Demidov for your team. Even if there were huge need - like one poster said before - even if Dickinson will become 20-25 min defenseman, he will not be as valuable as Demidov. It would be the same bad pick. Mtl had all the same wingers they had before and Michkov was better player for the role of producing winger but they preferred to draft Reinbacher for need. Michkov was better than Reinbacher, he is better than Demidov and of course he is better than Dickinson.

It was bad in the day, it is even more bad now and the only thing that can turn this around is potential injuries of Michkov. But for now Reinbacher is "more injured" player.

And I don't care about Cooley and Slafkovsky. Because I told that Slaf will become first overall before Olympic games were ended. And I never had any problems with how Slafkovsky developed. And again - Slafkovsky and Cooley are much closer to each other. Michkov is better than Cooley, better than Slafkovsky and of course he was better and he us better - much better than Reinbacher and he is much harder to find.

And I'm not the one who is out of mind here.

At least mtl - team that already didn't have "need for small wingers" year ago, made their right decision and drafted really good prospect Demidov this year.
Hey buddy, this is the Demidov thread. Get back on topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad