HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition (Mod Warning #2635)

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
To be fair, I don't think a team will come out and say "he didn't want to play for us, so we went with the next best player"

It's been noted by a few different insiders and whatnot that Michkov had his eyes set on Philly. It's also why he took a trip there to meet with them when he didn't go anywhere else.
You can’t meet with a team that doesn’t want to meet you. Why is there even speculation about this? Maybe the Habs didn’t want to meet him?? Maybe he did meet with the Habs? How do you know?

No it is NOT bullshit. It was known he wanted to play for Philly and did not want to play for Utah. The only question is did he indicate he didn't want to play for teams 2 to 5. Meeting with teams did not indicate anything. Even liking Philadelphia over Utah indicates a lack of interest in winning.
Nonsense as usual. Not wanting to play for Arizona in a college rink is a “lack of interest in winning” now.

Christ, get over it and act normal.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You can’t meet with a team that doesn’t want to meet you. Why is there even speculation about this? Maybe the Habs didn’t want to meet him?? Maybe he did meet with the Habs? How do you know?

Nonsense as usual. Not wanting to play for Arizona in a college rink is a “lack of interest in winning” now.

I still find the whole Michkov saga strange and hope we'll get clarity someday.

This management has neither shied from skill or a lack of size. They liked Cooley and Hutson. They apparently liked Lekkerimaki, they loved Demidov. Theyve given Farrell, a small and slow player, as an example of a player who plays well (though imo has too many physical limitations to make it) and Michkov plays a ridiculously high IQ game with better skating, strength and skill.

Something turned teams 2-6 off and I'm not sure it was only the political climate.

I know there were rumors of not liking his defensive engagement, which was true in some shift by shifts I saw, but still, the IQ was off the charts. He's clearly a competitor too.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

It would have 100% been leaked if the Habs had met with Michkov away from the draft in the same way Philly did.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Utah is irrelevant. The point is that the Flyers are run by imbeciles. There is no chance to win there. Having any interest in playing there has NOTHING to do with winning. It only tends to confirm HuGo's choice. As usual your posts are off base.

• Haha
Reactions: ReHabs

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
poor Colombus

Oufff

Though I guess in their situation it works out for the best... That tank command is going to be going full throttle.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

Attachments

• 150256_lg.jpeg
    150256_lg.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 1

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I still find the whole Michkov saga strange and hope we'll get clarity someday.

This management has neither shied from skill or a lack of size. They liked Cooley and Hutson. They apparently liked Lekkerimaki, they loved Demidov. Theyve given Farrell, a small and slow player, as an example of a player who plays well (though imo has too many physical limitations to make it) and Michkov plays a ridiculously high IQ game with better skating, strength and skill.

Something turned teams 2-6 off and I'm not sure it was only the political climate.

I know there were rumors of not liking his defensive engagement, which was true in some shift by shifts I saw, but still, the IQ was off the charts. He's clearly a competitor too.
What’s the mystery? They liked Reinbacher more.

Do you think they were lying when they said they liked Reinbacher more and that he was a unanimous pick?

It would have 100% been leaked if the Habs had met with Michkov away from the draft in the same way Philly did.
It doesn’t serve the Habs to leak anything like this.

Do you know with which prospects they met this last draft? No. Do you know who their second choice was if Demidov was off the board? No.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Do you think they were lying when they said they liked Reinbacher more and that he was a unanimous pick?

Do you know with which prospects they met this last draft? No. Do you know who their second choice was if Demidov was off the board? No.

I didn't follow the ongoing discussion, and really don't want to, so I'm not exactly sure what this came up...

But if Michkov had made a pit stop in Montreal to meet privately with management the same way he did in Philly (before going to the draft and making himself available to interviews) it would be 100% public domain.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Leafs made some right moves also. Tough division
Last season before the injuries, my hope was that the team will be competitive but ultimately lose out on playoffs because there are too many good teams in the division, so in the end we're not trying to lose and we get a good draft pick. I think this year will be more of the same, but I think we miss out barely. The team just keeps making steady progress and the likes of Hutson, Demidov, and Fowler are coming sooner than we think. We're in a tanking treadmill right now, and its preventing us from being an EDM(pre McD) or BUF

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I didn't follow the ongoing discussion, and really don't want to, so I'm not exactly sure what this came up...

But if Michkov had made a pit stop in Montreal to meet privately with management the same way he did in Philly (before going to the draft and making himself available to interviews) it would be 100% public domain.
Who’s to say they didn’t speak with him through Bobrov’s St Petersburg connections?

It’s strange to suggest the Habs didn’t do their due diligence.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Last season before the injuries, my hope was that the team will be competitive but ultimately lose out on playoffs because there are too many good teams in the division, so in the end we're not trying to lose and we get a good draft pick. I think this year will be more of the same, but I think we miss out barely. The team just keeps making steady progress and the likes of Hutson, Demidov, and Fowler are coming sooner than we think. We're in a tanking treadmill right now, and its preventing us from being an EDM(pre McD) or BUF
Strong division. I like moves Leafs made. New coach biggest one, sounds like he's right guy. Tanev and OEL are quality veterans. I like a veteran defense. Toronto and Boston meeting in playoffs, yet, again.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Why are you so upset ?

It's been noted Michkov basically made it so he'd go to Philly.

Calm down, go outside and breath.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Why are you so upset ?
Yeah, I'm livid. I'm shaking with rage. That's why every time Michkov makes a good play, I run here to stomp my feet and yell about him.

Wait, actually, it's not me who does that. Huh, how interesting.
It's been noted Michkov basically made it so he'd go to Philly.
It was also noted that Michkov wouldn't come to the NHL for years, possibly for ever, ever since his father (the mobster/warlord and friend of/enemy of Putin) was assassinated by mobsters and/or government hitmen with their heart-attack gun.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Yeah, I'm livid. I'm shaking with rage. That's why every time Michkov makes a good play, I run here to stomp my feet and yell about him.

Wait, actually, it's not me who does that. Huh, how interesting.

It was also noted that Michkov wouldn't come to the NHL for years, possibly for ever, ever since his father (the mobster/warlord and friend of/enemy of Putin) was assassinated by mobsters and/or government hitmen with their heart-attack gun.
That's very likely just people talking.

Just like Jagr back in the day told teams he wouldn't come over for a few years and then told the pens he'd be over the next day because Lemieux was his idol.

Michkov seemed he didn't really want to be in Montreal, or Arizona for that matter.

He wanted to be with the flyers and if he works out, which he's likely to, great fo Philly.

Reinbacher is hurt and missing key development time and might not even be a regular, let a lone a good one, which really sucks, but so be it. Out of the habs control.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
That's very likely just people talking.

Just like Jagr back in the day told teams he wouldn't come over for a few years and then told the pens he'd be over the next day because Lemieux was his idol.
Your best example is from over 30 years ago during the end of the Soviet Union.
Michkov seemed he didn't really want to be in Montreal, or Arizona for that matter.
This is not even hearsay, it’s 100% fabricated by you.
He wanted to be with the flyers and if he works out, which he's likely to, great fo Philly.
He was drafted by the Flyers yes. He had no control or influence over their draft pick.
Reinbacher is hurt and missing key development time and might not even be a regular, let a lone a good one, which really sucks, but so be it. Out of the habs control.
Yes this is an unfortunate fact.

His injury today has nothing to do with the fact that the Habs organization said they unanimously preferred Reinbacher to Michkov. If we respect the current regime, which I do, I would respect their word and not make up bizarre cope about not drafting Michkov.

The Habs didn’t want him over Reinbacher. It’s really as simple as that.

What you people are doing is called Cope. You remove agency and deliberation from the Habs in order to rationalize why YOU YOURSELF are having second thoughts and doubts about the pick. It was out of the Habs’ hands. I’m sure the Habs would’ve picked Michkov if it wasn’t for Michkov being a son of a bitch rat motherf***er!

• Haha
Reactions: Guy Larose

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I think the Reinbacher pick was consensus rather than unanimous. I know we’re nitpicking terms here, but I’m pretty sure in last year’s draft video, Gorton was making a pretty passionate plea about drafting Michkov. I don’t know if any other scout or brass felt the same but Gorton I think preferred Michkov during the scout meeting.

As for the second part there, we can’t really say who the Habs had in mind with certainty if Demidov was taken before them but we do know they met with Sennecke, Iginla, Buium and Lindstrom. That was reported. There were others, but those were more around the second half of the first round options.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Pretty funny how the NHL is still committing to the bit that Utah is an expansion team. On the NHL app it lists everyone's record from last season except Utah, who is just dashes, because we're pretending they didn't play last season.

They should classify all the players who've only played for the coyotes as rookies heading into this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad