HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition (Mod Warning #2635)

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
To be fair, I don't think a team will come out and say "he didn't want to play for us, so we went with the next best player"

It's been noted by a few different insiders and whatnot that Michkov had his eyes set on Philly. It's also why he took a trip there to meet with them when he didn't go anywhere else.
You can’t meet with a team that doesn’t want to meet you. Why is there even speculation about this? Maybe the Habs didn’t want to meet him?? Maybe he did meet with the Habs? How do you know?

No it is NOT bullshit. It was known he wanted to play for Philly and did not want to play for Utah. The only question is did he indicate he didn't want to play for teams 2 to 5. Meeting with teams did not indicate anything. Even liking Philadelphia over Utah indicates a lack of interest in winning.
Nonsense as usual. Not wanting to play for Arizona in a college rink is a “lack of interest in winning” now.

Christ, get over it and act normal.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You can’t meet with a team that doesn’t want to meet you. Why is there even speculation about this? Maybe the Habs didn’t want to meet him?? Maybe he did meet with the Habs? How do you know?

Nonsense as usual. Not wanting to play for Arizona in a college rink is a “lack of interest in winning” now.

I still find the whole Michkov saga strange and hope we'll get clarity someday.

This management has neither shied from skill or a lack of size. They liked Cooley and Hutson. They apparently liked Lekkerimaki, they loved Demidov. Theyve given Farrell, a small and slow player, as an example of a player who plays well (though imo has too many physical limitations to make it) and Michkov plays a ridiculously high IQ game with better skating, strength and skill.

Something turned teams 2-6 off and I'm not sure it was only the political climate.

I know there were rumors of not liking his defensive engagement, which was true in some shift by shifts I saw, but still, the IQ was off the charts. He's clearly a competitor too.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

It would have 100% been leaked if the Habs had met with Michkov away from the draft in the same way Philly did.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Utah is irrelevant. The point is that the Flyers are run by imbeciles. There is no chance to win there. Having any interest in playing there has NOTHING to do with winning. It only tends to confirm HuGo's choice. As usual your posts are off base.

Ad

Ad

Ad