F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Here's his first MHL game action of the season,

wasn't overly impressed with the effort out there at times, coasts a lot and looked weak physically but he put on some moves.

That's kinda lot of turnovers and missed passes when pressured and meh skating.

But also some potentially really smooth hands and decent puck protection as well.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That's kinda lot of turnovers and missed passes when pressured and meh skating.

But also some potentially really smooth hands and decent puck protection as well.
it was my first time seeing him, with the big numbers he put up last year I was expecting him to look crazy good but instead I started to wonder if this draft class ends up being weak I only saw a few guys so far so not saying it is or isn't but was not overly impressed with someone that some posters think could go 1st OA.

But we'll see how the year goes as it's way too early to really say anything, his kid crushed the MHL last year so clearly he's got a lot of skill but that was not pretty to watch when he didn't have the puck.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
it was my first time seeing him, with the big numbers he put up last year I was expecting him to look crazy good but instead I started to wonder if this draft class ends up being weak I only saw a few guys so far so not saying it is or isn't but was not overly impressed with someone that some posters think could go 1st OA.

But we'll see how the year goes as it's way too early to really say anything, his kid crushed the MHL last year so clearly he's got a lot of skill but that was not pretty to watch when he didn't have the puck.
The thing this year is going to be really strong D-class. Couple of elite top forwards too I but after that it starts to drop rather fast(still strong players, just drop is there). I am still not totally buying the Demidov hype that has slowly risen in this board. At least top5 hype seems bit too much to me. I probably take Celebrini, Eiserman, Levshunov, Jiricek, Dickinson all before Demidov right now.

I am happy to be proven wrong though.

At least based on my early first impressions. Seasons are still barely starting right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: tnfrs and montreal

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I wouldn't draw conclusions from a game in minors of a player that is good enough to play in KHL and has been sent down. This happened with michkov last year too at times

Reactions: olgerd

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
I think even for Demidov it was a surprise that he was sent to the MHL. He is no longer in the mood to play there, he understands that he must play in the KHL. I hope he will be sent on loan somewhere to Lada from this damned place called SKA.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I think even for Demidov it was a surprise that he was sent to the MHL. He is no longer in the mood to play there, he understands that he must play in the KHL. I hope he will be sent on loan somewhere to Lada from this damned place called SKA.
Maybe Vityaz would be a good place for him. Better than Togliatti

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
I wouldn't draw conclusions from a game in minors of a player that is good enough to play in KHL and has been sent down. This happened with michkov last year too at times
How else I am supposed to judge him if I don't see his games in KHL by the virtue of him not playing there. That's all I got right now to start the season with.

Only way to get first impressions for the start of the season.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How else I am supposed to judge him if I don't see his games in KHL by the virtue of him not playing there. That's all I got right now to start the season with.

Only way to get first impressions for the start of the season.
What about last season? You can not ignore all the context available that he’s in a tough spot with SKA.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
What about last season? You can not ignore all the context available that he’s in a tough spot with SKA.
Last season does not tell me where he is now after training/summer camp. I just hope he gets some games in KHL soonish.

Granted, last season gives me at least an idea of what to expect.

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Maybe Vityaz would be a good place for him. Better than Togliatti
Demidov must be loaned or played with SKA. Truth is, SKA should have been trusting Michkov and Demidov this season, but they leaned on vets and the job isn't getting done.

Best thing would be a loan, because he needs prime ice time without the worry of sitting g periods at a time.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Wasn't in the KHL or MHL lineup today - both were home games, as well.
his KHL player page says hes currently with SKA so he might be training and practicing with the team and just hasnt seen game time in while but he hasnt played since that first MHL game when he was sent down. such a shitty way to treat any player but especially a 17 year old who would probably be lighting it up no matter where they put him. Doesnt make any sense.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
He does not appear to be in the lineup for SKA-1946 today. Fourth game in a row he has missed, no games since 9/15.

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
I think they'd want him to join Neva (in the VHL) once they get back to St. Petersburg, which is on 10/1. Until then, he's probably just practicing with the KHL team.

Mkchkov had similar extended absences before he was loaned out. Wouldn't be suprised if his second half of the season works out the same way.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Is there an injury report anywhere? A lot of talented SKA players aren't in the lineup in favor of plugs.
Gritsyuk, Khairullin, Demidov, Khusnutdinov -> Dedunov, Vorobyov, Polyakov, Zykov

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Is there an injury report anywhere? A lot of talented SKA players aren't in the lineup in favor of plugs.
Gritsyuk, Khairullin, Demidov, Khusnutdinov -> Dedunov, Vorobyov, Polyakov, Zykov
Zykov and Vorobyov are not plugs by KHL standarts, but in general, SKA has too many players

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
The kids extremely talented and def a top 5-10 type he just looks like a superstar with Michkov, because the dude makes everyone look good. He’ll be a star in the NHL if he puts in the work, but he’s not going to be a play driver imo. Still an elite talent, would love for him to prove me wrong, I think he’s awesome.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yeah, he was injured for a while, that's why he didn't play. At least it's what the announcer says, and this dude has connections inside all SKA teams. So Ivan looks rusty a bit.
He did look rusty.

Let’s see how he does in the upcoming weeks.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
SKA is bizarre because they simultaneously want to be the New York Yankees, a team run by a control freak nepo baby obsessed with his "system", and the US National Development Team Program at the youth level.

How that all fits in to a comprehensive whole, well good luck, but despite all their advantages there is a reason they have not actually won a Gagarin Cup since 2017 (with a late prime Kovalchuk, arguably peak Dadonov, Datsyuk, etc. etc.).

czech

Feb 23, 2009
This season has not yet scored points in the competition. And if the lack of points scored in the KHL and VHL does not mean anything, then 0 points in already two MHL matches is alarming - a player of the level of the top 10 of the draft should simply tear apart everyone in the junior league...

Reactions: wetcoast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad