F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Apologies as I’m sure this has been asked a few times but I couldn’t find it. What’s his KHL contract status? Probably a guy that could play nhl next year no?

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
No, he's signed through 2024-25 season.
As the dude who watches more SKA than anyone on this board, do you see him as a winger or center moving forward? I saw him play a fair bit of C last year for 1946, but I’ve seen a lot of MHL centers shift to wing when they hit pros since the Russian development system has seemingly abandoned teaching any kind of defensive structures prior to the big league about a decade ago

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
As the dude who watches more SKA than anyone on this board, do you see him as a winger or center moving forward? I saw him play a fair bit of C last year for 1946, but I’ve seen a lot of MHL centers shift to wing when they hit pros since the Russian development system has seemingly abandoned teaching any kind of defensive structures prior to the big league about a decade ago

If Kuznetsov could play center, then Demidov can. The question is does he need to play center? He looks very effective as a winger. And not just effective, but very entertaining. He's going to be more fun to watch than guys like Panarin or Kaprizov. Do you really wanna move him to center?

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
If Kuznetsov could play center, then Demidov can. The question is does he need to play center? He looks very effective as a winger. And not just effective, but very entertaining. He's going to be more fun to watch than guys like Panarin or Kaprizov. Do you really wanna move him to center?
After watching them both play next to each other, I really do like Michkov at center over Demidov, at this point.

True, Michkov has a more natural nose for the net, but his decision making and puck management are a far way ahead of ID11 at this time. This is not to say things can't change, but I'd love to hear your thoughts here

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
After watching them both play next to each other, I really do like Michkov at center over Demidov, at this point.

True, Michkov has a more natural nose for the net, but his decision making and puck management are a far way ahead of ID11 at this time. This is not to say things can't change, but I'd love to hear your thoughts here

Demidov with his relentless movement, speed and forcheck looks very natural at winger position. Michkov on the other hand prefers to control the game's flow which is a center quality.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
When do we know if Demidov made the team?

I think SKA’s first game is next saturday

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
This guy needs a loan, like Michkov. Rotenberg only stunting his growth. Problem is, I think he is more laid back than Michkov, and will not request a move. Wish he did though. Kid deserves a chance to play at this level.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
This guy needs a loan, like Michkov. Rotenberg only stunting his growth. Problem is, I think he is more laid back than Michkov, and will not request a move. Wish he did though. Kid deserves a chance to play at this level.
I really hope he gets loaned too. I just hope it's not to Sochi. I want to see him away from Michkov

Probably the most talented offensive player in this class
Demidov has qualities that Celebrini doesn't, but Celebrini's shot, finishing ability, and ability to make coast to coast individual efforts has to put him ahead

And even if he deserves it, Demidov is probably never going to be the 1st OA pick in this draft. Teams will gravitate to the Canadian center

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I really hope he gets loaned too. I just hope it's not to Sochi. I want to see him away from Michkov

Demidov has qualities that Celebrini doesn't, but Celebrini's shot, finishing ability, and ability to make coast to coast individual efforts has to put him ahead

And even if he deserves it, Demidov is probably never going to be the 1st OA pick in this draft. Teams will gravitate to the Canadian center

Well that and nobody is gonna be enamored with the prospect of him spending any more time in Russia, either.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Here's his first MHL game action of the season,

wasn't overly impressed with the effort out there at times, coasts a lot and looked weak physically but he put on some moves.

Reactions: kp61c

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad