F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
That wasn’t my point. I didn’t say they passed because they liked Demidov more.

They passed because they weren’t that interested in Michkov, specifically. But it seems Demidov caught their eyes for 2024.

Obviously they weren't interested in Michkov, they didn't draft him when they had the chance. I don't need a scout quote to tell me that. But if I did, this quote, "when Arpon Basu had talked to a Habs scout about Michkov, that scout told him to go watch Demidov" wouldn't be the evidence I would use in support of that position.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
The opinion of one scout does not on any level whatsoever represent the entire organization, I am sorry but if that isn't the most bias driven fallacy of the day I don't know what is.

I am focused on what is true....you are focused on your narrative.
Do you really think this high placed scout in the organisation would’ve said that if he was the only one who likes him.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Do you really think this high placed scout in the organisation would’ve said that if he was the only one who likes him.
High placed scout....come on, now you are trying to manufacture some sort of elevated credibility by using false qualifiers.

Of course that is exactly how scouts work lol. It was as informal of an exchange as one could possibly imagine and you are leaning heavily into your bias to create a narrative that has zero support.

Scouts have their own opinions and it is up to the organization to collect these differing opinions and sort through them for validity and consensus. You are taking an unvetted comment and blowing it up into a false narrative.

You are a nice guy and I don't want to drag this out so if you don't agree with me here just let it be and we will agree to disagree. :)

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In this case, it's a bit of that and a bit of the "Michkov is god" crowd that will fly into any structured debate about Michkov and refute any evidence that doesn't paint him as an angelic, coaches dream, NHL driven, sure-fire generational talent and Russia as the model country with 0 valid concerns about it currently or in the future.
Do you think it’s maybe a “you” problem when all the people that follow Russian hockey the closest swear by Michkov being that guy you claim he isn’t?

It seems like extreme levels of copium we are now seeing from Habs fans. It’s not like one or two people. There is a big faction of Habs fans that have convinced themselves this player that no one has really questioned much on the hockey side has a lot of hockey concerns that weren’t talked about very much before the Habs chose to not pick him.

Just my take from the outside.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh sure. Not interested in Michkov. But very interested in a mid upside defenseman with bad knees. Buncha geniuses.
It’s so offensive in a way that’s meant to sound non-offensive.

I guess the teams at 2 and 3 weren’t actually interested in Bedard and are happy the Hawks picked him 1OA.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Isn’t the Habs European draft ram by Nick Bobrov?

The guy who brought everyone the European (including Russian) busts of Lias Andersson and Vitaly Kravtsov. Both went higher than the consensus too. Additionally, Kakko sadly isn’t looking too great.

Wouldn’t trust this guy’s opinion. He’s proven himself unqualified. If he doesn’t like Michkov, that says a lot of good things about Michkov.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Do you think it’s maybe a “you” problem when all the people that follow Russian hockey the closest swear by Michkov being that guy you claim he isn’t?

It seems like extreme levels of copium we are now seeing from Habs fans. It’s not like one or two people. There is a big faction of Habs fans that have convinced themselves this player that no one has really questioned much on the hockey side has a lot of hockey concerns that weren’t talked about very much before the Habs chose to not pick him.

It's not a 'me' problem because I'm not agreeing with their position in totality, just explaining what was coming down from people close to the Habs organization and what other credible people around the league were saying that they were hearing.

There's also a big faction of hockey fans who have convinced themselves Michkov is a generational talent that is wrongly personified and wrongly evaluated but seem to agree that it was okay to pass on a generational talent for Leo Carlsson, Adam Fantilli, and even more egregiously Will Smith and Dmitri Simashev.

My take is people think Michkov progressed at the same level that Bedard did, see himself in the same breath still and think it was just one boogeyman that kept 5 separate organizations from taking the guy who is neck and neck with Bedard instead of actually understanding that what NHL scouts think and were saying may actually undercut that and show that while Michkov is still a highly regarded offensive player there are other elements to consider.

If there were no risks, no hockey factors and he was truly still seen as that, there's no way in hell you could justify the Sharks passing on him. Not one. You probably couldn't even justify the Ducks passing on him at 2.. but yet we do, because people just accepted that since Bob's list had those players ahead for awhile that it was acceptable to do so.

So either the risks around Michkov's profile are actually legitimate, or this draft had 4 generational talents at the top and two other organizations who just fumbled it, and there was actually 5 generational talents.

The Habs and some of their scouts like Demidov and may pick him if he's there, so it is clear the Russia stuff bothered them less than they let on and they have more time for Demidov as a prospect. Time will tell if that's the correct opinion.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021

I don't believe anyone using the word copium half as much as you do is trying to have an honest discussion.

Reactions: wetcoast and JT3

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
It's not a 'me' problem because I'm not agreeing with their position in totality, just explaining what was coming down from people close to the Habs organization and what other credible people around the league were saying that they were hearing.

There's also a big faction of hockey fans who have convinced themselves Michkov is a generational talent that is wrongly personified and wrongly evaluated but seem to agree that it was okay to pass on a generational talent for Leo Carlsson, Adam Fantilli, and even more egregiously Will Smith and Dmitri Simashev.

My take is people think Michkov progressed at the same level that Bedard did, see himself in the same breath still and think it was just one boogeyman that kept 5 separate organizations from taking the guy who is neck and neck with Bedard instead of actually understanding that what NHL scouts think and were saying may actually undercut that and show that while Michkov is still a highly regarded offensive player there are other elements to consider.

If there were no risks, no hockey factors and he was truly still seen as that, there's no way in hell you could justify the Sharks passing on him. Not one. You probably couldn't even justify the Ducks passing on him at 2.. but yet we do, because people just accepted that since Bob's list had those players ahead for awhile that it was acceptable to do so.

So either the risks around Michkov's profile are actually legitimate, or this draft had 4 generational talents at the top and two other organizations who just fumbled it, and there was actually 5 generational talents.

The Habs and some of their scouts like Demidov and may pick him if he's there, so it is clear the Russia stuff bothered them less than they let on and they have more time for Demidov as a prospect. Time will tell if that's the correct opinion.

Well the fact that he will not be playing for the team that drafted him for 3 years I'm sure played a part. I can understand Carlsson and Fantilli. Those players are arguably just as good as Michkov or maybe or a slight notch below. Why wait 3 years for a player to join your team when you can get a good player on your team to help you next year and you can control his development. 3 years in professional sports is like dog years.

Once you get past the top 3, things get a little more dicey IMO. I can see Arizona passing if the reports are true that he refused to interview with them. If you're trying to build a good culture, you don't want a guy who doesn't want to be there being a cancer in the locker room. Worse would be to draft the guy and he decides, rather than play for you he'll just sign with the KHL and never come over. So that brings the questionable decision-making to 2 teams, San Jose and Montreal. Is Will Smith on the same tier as Carlsson and Fantilli? If you think he is, then the questionable decision making comes down to 1 team. I don't know. I'm not a scout. I do know that the top 3 players in the draft usually never turn out to be the top 3 NHL players when all is said and done. It's not an exact science.

The Demidov stuff is just a red herring, here.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well the fact that he will not be playing for the team that drafted him for 3 years I'm sure played a part. I can understand Carlsson and Fantilli. Those players are arguably just as good as Michkov or maybe or a slight notch below. Why wait 3 years for a player to join your team when you can get a good player on your team to help you next year and you can control his development. 3 years in professional sports is like dog years.

Once you get past the top 3, things get a little more dicey IMO. I can see Arizona passing if the reports are true that he refused to interview with them. If you're trying to build a good culture, you don't want a guy who doesn't want to be there being a cancer in the locker room. Worse would be to draft the guy and he decides, rather than play for you he'll just sign with the KHL and never come over. So that brings the questionable decision-making to 2 teams, San Jose and Montreal. Is Will Smith on the same tier as Carlsson and Fantilli? If you think he is, then the questionable decision making comes down to 1 team. I don't know. I'm not a scout. I do know that the top 3 players in the draft usually never turn out to be the top 3 NHL players when all is said and done. It's not an exact science.

The Demidov stuff is just a red herring, here.

It's not really a red herring. It's particularly relevant in the context that there's at least one organization who is perceiving Demidov as a better prospect than Michkov.

Then there's the bleed over from the Michkov draft where people think it's all these ancillary things and not Michkov himself that got him drafted 7.

More and more information is coming out that teams were more interested in getting Reinbacher than Michkov which can lend itself to the discussion on whether Michkov was thought of as highly among NHL teams as twitter and HF scouts.

I'd say he wasn't and that seems more apparent, and the same holds true for Benson. Now that doesn't mean those teams were ultimately right, teams allowed Caufield to fall. Teams passed on Point. They get it wrong all the time.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
It's not a 'me' problem because I'm not agreeing with their position in totality,

More and more information is coming out that teams were more interested in getting Reinbacher than Michkov which can lend itself to the discussion on whether Michkov was thought of as highly among NHL teams as twitter and HF scouts.

You are really subtly in hiding your true feelings... so at the end of the day its all about the twitter and HF scouts have no clue what they are talking about.

Show me please one scout report talking about Michkov not beeing at least the 2nd most talented kid in this draft. And a more difficult task, show me please one single report or scout talking about Reinbacher beeing more talented or at least more valuable as a asset than Michkov... I know, its not "you" who is the problem... but just to make sure you know, it won't be the twitter and hf scouts that will be quoted when Michkov hits exactly as predicted... it will be the numerous reports from scouts and officials.

And your answer will be: But but but, Arpon Basu said Demidov...

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Politics. For Canada and California especially. So a lot of people are happy he isn't there. It doesn't make Reinbacher worser. Wish him best. But don't fool yourself. Hockey media trying to bully him the whole year, but politics will end when he will start to bully nhl teams as Philly player.

BTW Ducks don't like to draft small or/and Russian players in first round. Mintyukov was the only one in... many years and he is big/playing in NA.

And how good Demidov is, doesn't effect on Michkov. Even if he is better, it was smarter to draft Michkov, and, if team will have an opportunity, draft Demidov next year.
Crosby was better than Malkin, Ovechkin too, but I think pens did it okay.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You are really subtly in hiding your true feelings... so at the end of the day its all about the twitter and HF scouts have no clue what they are talking about.

Show me please one scout report talking about Michkov not beeing at least the 2nd most talented kid in this draft. And a more difficult task, show me please one single report or scout talking about Reinbacher beeing more talented or at least more valuable as a asset than Michkov... I know, its not "you" who is the problem... but just to make sure you know, it won't be the twitter and hf scouts that will be quoted when Michkov hits exactly as predicted... it will be the numerous reports from scouts and officials.

And your answer will be: But but but, Arpon Basu said Demidov...

I'm not subtly hiding anything. I post my list every year on the Habs board and I had Michkov at 3 behind Bedard and Carlsson.

But I'm not gonna sit here and think I'm infallible in that evaluation. There's plenty of times when the twitter/hf scouts are right and the professionals are wrong but more often than not how the draft plays out is different than public lists and Benson/Michkov superstar hype trains on Twitter.

There's a possibility that NHL scouts who have been tracking Michkovs game did not see the progression in certain elements of his game that made them feel like those cons could be outweighed by his offensive production.

Also talent doesn't equate success otherwise we are talking about Drouin a lot differently. Drouin is someone who you could get to score 50 points a season, with a talent level to hit way more than that, but even with those 50 points he was such a negative and horrendous drain on the team when he was on the ice, you wouldn't find one coach who would rather play Drouin over Lehkonen.

Reinbacher doesn't have to be the most talented or 2nd most talented player in the draft to provide a lot of value to a hockey team.

But Reinbacher has no place in this discussion. The discussion is Demidov and some people trying to extrapolate some of the "reasons" teams passed on Michkov to Demidov. I don't think you'll hear the same noise because Demidov does more all over the ice.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Isn’t the Habs European draft ram by Nick Bobrov?

The guy who brought everyone the European (including Russian) busts of Lias Andersson and Vitaly Kravtsov. Both went higher than the consensus too. Additionally, Kakko sadly isn’t looking too great.

Wouldn’t trust this guy’s opinion. He’s proven himself unqualified. If he doesn’t like Michkov, that says a lot of good things about Michkov.
Yes , The thing is Bobrov has pretty close connections with SKA St. Petersburg in the KHL and supposedly Michkov's camp.

Add that to the list of copium for habs fans , If a guy who had alot of access to Michkov info passed on him surely there must be a reason. That's what we tell ourselves at least :laugh::laugh:.

Who knows we can all talk but we won't really know until 3-4 years

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Interesting tidbit - when Arpon Basu had talked to a Habs scout about Michkov, that scout told him to go watch Demidov.

I think the general consensus among the scouts is that Demidov is projecting to be a better talent from Russia than Michkov.
To me, this scout's words probably mean that when they watch Demidov it reminds them that he doesn't have the "issues" they see in Michkov.. and regardless of whoever is available in the 2024 draft, they still had some issues with Michkov

Now, I'm a massive Demidov proponent. He has a very complete game and could end up being one of the NHL's elite playmakers. And his shot is absolutely nothing to scoff at. He scores beautiful goals on well placed shots. But his goal scoring ability is never going to match Michkov's. Demidov is a bit more peripheral and more of a playmaker. He scored 1.5 pts/gm and 19 goals in 41 games this season. Michkov scored **a goal per game** in his own D-1 season and 1.73 pts/gm

Michkov could probably switch to a playmaking mode if he wanted to. But he has a goal scoring gift and he knows it. I don't think Demidov could make the reverse switch. He'll always be a better playmaker than a goal scorer. And just to be clear, I can easily see Demidov putting up 30G, 70A NHL seasons in his prime.. but Michkov is a cut above offensively

I think instead of seeing this difference in their offensive capabilities, a lot of NHL scouts might equate the two players offensively (or say they're "just different players" of the same caliber), and then use the two-way aspect of Demidov to elevate him above Michkov.. in their minds. A lot of people probably see Demidov as a center as well, which is another can of worms. The scouts that have been around the game for too long probably think that their "feel of the game" is the most important thing, and they don't really break things down too systematically

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Well, I think that the Michkov situation is layered. It’s the contract, a general Russian factor where teams are scared of being able to sign players away from SKA (and CSKA), a war, and then now we had a new element appear in the month before the draft where Michkov did the nearly unprecedented and was making clear to teams at the top he will or won’t play for them.

And look, it may simply be a situation where Michkov said he didn’t want to play in Canada or in French-Canada. If so, the Habs might be downplaying Michkov for the same types of reasons we know the Coyotes are downplaying why they didn’t take him.

When you add all of that up, that’s a lot of variables to consider. Sure, you can easily spin them as mostly minor variables that will easily be overshadowed by his play on the ice, but NHL GM’s are naturally very risk averse. They always pick big and fast and physical players higher than most think their talent level is. They prefer the safe over the risky.

I think the lack of actual questions about Michkov’s hockey says a lot. When people have to look to all this stuff outside of hockey, fair or not, the lack of negative discussion about his hockey doesn’t tend to illuminate on the idea that Carlsson, Fantilli, Smith, and Reinbacher went ahead of him because they are better at hockey.

As a neutral, I see a bunch of teams, including the Habs, that are trying to muddy the waters about Michkov because they know that this is at best a polarizing topic for their franchise and at worst not favorable to them. For all we know, Molson vetoed drafting Michkov. Would they ever reveal that? Likely not. Yes, it’s unlikely and only hypothetical, but it seems to be playing intentionally ignorant to suggest Michkov was really the 7th best player in this draft. If anyone wants to say so, let’s hear it. The arguments on this topic don’t tend to ever go too far down the road because it’s a very tough argument to make. I don’t think it’s conspiratorial to suggest it was something else, whether one thing or many, not related to his pure hockey ability why he went 7th and each team passed on him.

As for Demidov, let’s see what happens in the next year. Yeah, they like the player. So does anyone with a brain. Again, I’m not sure that saying you like a 1OA contender says that much, especially considering it may be in the context of how he compared to Michkov and the Habs potentially having a narrative to spin about Michkov.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Politics. For Canada and California especially. So a lot of people are happy he isn't there. It doesn't make Reinbacher worser. Wish him best. But don't fool yourself. Hockey media trying to bully him the whole year, but politics will end when he will start to bully nhl teams as Philly player.

BTW Ducks don't like to draft small or/and Russian players in first round. Mintyukov was the only one in... many years and he is big/playing in NA.

And how good Demidov is, doesn't effect on Michkov. Even if he is better, it was smarter to draft Michkov, and, if team will have an opportunity, draft Demidov next year.
Crosby was better than Malkin, Ovechkin too, but I think pens did it okay.
It’s been made very clear by NHL insiders that Michkov suggested to Arizona he wouldn’t play for them because they didn’t have a good enough team heritage.

It’s not been said that also applies to the California teams, but it’s also not been said that it doesn’t apply to those teams. Might also be relevant with the Habs.

I think it’s very possible Michkov’s agent was told by Matvei to tell the teams drafting 2-6 that he wasn’t going to play for them, so they shouldn’t draft him. He seemed to be the rare player that dictates his destination in the draft.

Yes , The thing is Bobrov has pretty close connections with SKA St. Petersburg in the KHL and supposedly Michkov's camp.

Add that to the list of copium for habs fans , If a guy who had alot of access to Michkov info passed on him surely there must be a reason. That's what we tell ourselves at least :laugh::laugh:.

Who knows we can all talk but we won't really know until 3-4 years
Having information doesn’t mean you will make good decisions.

Have you seen much to suggest Bobrov is good at his job?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
i read somewhere that Michkov is going to be at SKA training camp and cant go to the U23 but is that confirmed?

Well, he is in SKA camp right now and not on the Team Russia roster so he will play for SKA. SKA send Buchelnikov and Demidov to Team Russia who aren't considered roster players and they don't send Michkov who is oviously on the roster.

Reactions: tnfrs

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It’s been made very clear by NHL insiders that Michkov suggested to Arizona he wouldn’t play for them because they didn’t have a good enough team heritage.

It’s not been said that also applies to the California teams, but it’s also not been said that it doesn’t apply to those teams. Might also be relevant with the Habs.

I think it’s very possible Michkov’s agent was told by Matvei to tell the teams drafting 2-6 that he wasn’t going to play for them, so they shouldn’t draft him. He seemed to be the rare player that dictates his destination in the draft.

Having information doesn’t mean you will make good decisions.

Have you seen much to suggest Bobrov is good at his job?
So draft him and change the situation in 3-5 years and trade him if he doesn't want to play after time.

Its a politics and what habs fans are trying to translate about "scouting" its copium. But if Michkov clearly said to Habs he will not play for them, don't draft me(I don't believe really), than I'm happy for him, because in the last year he was sh1tted by Habs/Canadian community a lot. Like A LOT. And Californians media too, not as much. So now they are continuing and trying to talk about Druin, character, size etc. Who cares. He id generational talent and they passed on him. I wish them be happy with their decision because they are not.

And I wish the same story with Demidov. I hope he will play in the city where people, team, press will be happy to have him in the team. Before the draft on the draft and after the draft. If people want to mix 18 yo boy with their cocoroaches and cover it by fairy tales about on ice/character problems, we are not in power to stop. Its just better for everyone to stay away from each other.

"Bad apple". That was they said).
Bad tree. That's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So draft him and change the situation in 3-5 years and trade him if he doesn't want to play after time.

Its a politics and what habs fans are trying to translate about "scouting" its copium. But if Michkov clearly said to Habs he will not play for them, don't draft me(I don't believe really), than I'm happy for him, because in the last year he was sh1tted by Habs/Canadian community a lot. Like A LOT. And Californians media too, not as much. So now they are continuing and trying to talk about Druin, character, size etc. Who cares. He id generational talent and they passed on him. I wish them be happy with their decision because they are not.

And I wish the same story with Demidov. I hope he will play in the city where people, team, press will be happy to have him in the team. Before the draft on the draft and after the draft. If people want to mix 18 yo boy with their cocoroaches and cover it by fairy tales about on ice/character problems, we are not in power to stop. Its just better for everyone to stay away from each other.

Bad tree. That's it.

What?

Michkov was made out like a god here in Montreal.. our boards are literally not readable right now because every discussion devolves into people mad they passed on Michkov and unable to see any other perspective but they passed on a generational superstar.

It was so bad that one of our fans had to make a book of nice tweets and give it to David Reinbacher at rookie camp, the social media and everything was so negative to the kid because they were mad about the decision.

The character stuff came from media pockets everywhere and not once was it ever mentioned by Habs management nor shared by the fans. Outside of a few us saying, if those rumors were true or hard to disprove, if you already have reticence on a player, then it could add additional doubt.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
What?

Michkov was made out like a god here in Montreal.. our boards are literally not readable right now because every discussion devolves into people mad they passed on Michkov and unable to see any other perspective but they passed on a generational superstar.

It was so bad that one of our fans had to make a book of nice tweets and give it to David Reinbacher at rookie camp, the social media and everything was so negative to the kid because they were mad about the decision.

The character stuff came from media pockets everywhere and not once was it ever mentioned by Habs management nor shared by the fans. Outside of a few us saying, if those rumors were true or hard to disprove, if you already have reticence on a player, then it could add additional doubt.
This is what YOU see. But from the other side it`s different. Reason why it`s better may be for... a lot of players to be picked by any other organisation(I'm exaggerating, but there is a grain of truth in this.). Canadian(not canadiens only, canadian overall) media of various levels regularly poured mud on Michkov. And that's what he saw and heard. What he had to react to.

Btw I think habs fans should start to root for David really hard. Because he is intriguing prospect and kid. This pick is not his fault. And again - like we talk about Demidov - he is different player from different draft and even if he will better player than Michkov, it doesn`t effect on Michkov. And in this situation. Even when Michkov will light up the league, there are no fault of Reinbacher, it doesn`t make him worser player. If the culture would be better - there were two discissions - about Reinbacher, his potential and performance, and isolated discussion about competence of Hughes and Bobrov, who decided not to pick Michkov and (as I understand) cover it by "culture", "bad apples", inappropriate comparison with Demidov etc.

If mtl is trying to build good culture, they need to start from themselves. Fans should start too, because everybody hear how big part of mtlfans are vocaly hate Slaf and Reinbacher. Which eventually leads to the story with positive answers for Reinbacher that you described.

The real bad character(s) with bad culture isn`t Michkov.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
This is what YOU see. But from the other side it`s different. Reason why it`s better may be for... a lot of players to be picked by any other organisation(I'm exaggerating, but there is a grain of truth in this.). Canadian(not canadiens only, canadian overall) media of various levels regularly poured mud on Michkov. And that's what he saw and heard. What he had to react to.

Btw I think habs fans should start to root for David really hard. Because he is intriguing prospect and kid. This pick is not his fault. And again - like we talk about Demidov - he is different player from different draft and even if he will better player than Michkov, it doesn`t effect on Michkov. And in this situation. Even when Michkov will light up the league, there are no fault of Reinbacher, it doesn`t make him worser player. If the culture would be better - there were two discissions - about Reinbacher, his potential and performance, and isolated discussion about competence of Hughes and Bobrov, who decided not to pick Michkov and (as I understand) cover it by "culture", "bad apples", inappropriate comparison with Demidov etc.

If mtl is trying to build good culture, they need to start from themselves. Fans should start too, because everybody hear how big part of mtlfans are vocaly hate Slaf and Reinbacher. Which eventually leads to the story with positive answers for Reinbacher that you described.

The real bad character(s) with bad culture isn`t Michkov.
Its gotta be tough for some of these kids, I know theyre reading about themselves its impossible not be curious what people are saying. Theyre realizing their dreams and then some strangers just shitting all over them. I hope Reinbacher gets to Montreal and is an absolute beast. I remember when Philly picked Cam York one spot before Cole Caufield and some fans lost their minds. Its not surprising when players dont want to stick in around in a city that doesnt want them or wasnt welcoming.

I dont think its unusual at all that Montreal picked Reinbacher, theyre at the tail end of their rebuild and dont have 3 years to wait. Reinbacher looks like a good partner for Hutson and theyll both in the league before Michkov. They already have Caufield and Suzuki who are smaller forwards, and as good as smaller players can be you need to have balance throughout the lineup.

Im thinking Michkov was just being honest about where he wanted to play, and it probably had something to do him and his dad. Every kid has a favorite team and maybe the Flyers tie into that relationship somehow and it was just a perfect storm. But its less sensational to say "Russian Star Realizes Dream of Playing for favorite childhood team" so they say "Michkov said he'll never play for Montreal" and people are running with it.

Thats my take anyways.

Reactions: Guadana

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

Bad tree. That's it.
what the hell did i just read Habs media and fans were drooling over the idea of getting Michkov even to a point the whole fanbase went nuts after we picked Reinbacher over him we're still talking about passing on MM till this day and i guarantee we will hear it for years

Kovalev and Markov were gods in Montreal and im 100% sure Michkov would of been one also even a 37/38 year old Kovalchuck became a fan favorite here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad