F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He’s such a talented player. Could be an elite player in the NHL. I think it’s between Eiserman, Celebrini, and Demidov. Helenius could also make a serious run at it.

But, I think Demidov could seriously contend for #1. Phenomenal production in the MHL, one-on-one skill, and just great all around offensive tools.

Agree with this and have been saying for a while that it's a Big 3 for 24 right now can others develop to challenge will be the question.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I have him as my #1 for the 2024 NHL draft. Celebrini is right behind him and then you have a small crowd of Eiserman, Levshunov, Jiricek, Kiviharju, and Helenius.

Still a lot of time left and this list of players will likely change along the way

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I have him as my #1 for the 2024 NHL draft. Celebrini is right behind him and then you have a small crowd of Eiserman, Levshunov, Jiricek, Kiviharju, and Helenius.

Still a lot of time left and this list of players will likely change along the way
That seems a little high for Jiricek and Helenius?

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
That seems a little high for Jiricek and Helenius?
Helenius has been dominant against his own age group and recently put up 11 points in 33 pro liiga games. He has a muffin of a shot, but has elite playmaking abilities. He is also a very smooth skater. Usually when a prospect puts up really good numbers with a bad shot, they have a bright future

Jiricek played in the Czech pro league this year, but was overwhelmed with the physicality. He dominated against his own peers during the season, but needs to add more strength. I think you could argue Jiricek isn't quite there, but he is a great skater and has really nice puck skills.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
He does? He'd make more on his ELC lmfao
Michkov's current contract gives him around 1M total with 13% tax and no escrow. NHL ELC would likely bring him around 3M total base salary and only like half of it will be what he gets after taxes and escrow. The issue is that if he isn't ready enough to make the NHL yet (and very likely he isn't), then he gets only the AHL salary, which is like 10 times less and here the KHL contract is certainly much more benefiting for him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Michkov's current contract gives him around 1M total with 13% tax and no escrow. NHL ELC would likely bring him around 3M total base salary and only like half of it will be what he gets after taxes and escrow. The issue is that if he isn't ready enough to make the NHL yet (and very likely he isn't), then he gets only the AHL salary, which is like 10 times less and here the KHL contract is certainly much more benefiting for him.

For one more year, not two more after that.

I'm sure he was the best paid 16 -17 year old hockey player in the world

Okay, but that doesn't really matter for the years after he is drafted.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
For one more year, not two more after that.

Okay, but that doesn't really matter for the years after he is drafted.
Already with one year in the AHL the sum of after tax money gets more or less the same as he receives now, not to mention that I won't bet my money on him needing just one year to become strong and fast enough.
Think I’m in the wrong thread
I wouldn't agree that it is such an offtopic here, since with Demidov's performance I think we won't have to wait for too long until SKA starts throwing money at him pretty similar to Michkov's contract.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Already with one year in the AHL the sum of after tax money gets more or less the same as he receives now, not to mention that I won't bet my money on him needing just one year to become strong and fast enough.

I wouldn't agree that it is such an offtopic here, since with Demidov's performance I think we won't have to wait for too long until SKA starts throwing money at him pretty similar to Michkov's contract.

Hope he won't accept it...

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
He does? He'd make more on his ELC lmfao

You have no understanding what that money buys in Russia and how little it gets you in America. Not to mention the fact that Michkov didn’t have to wait for the draft to get his current contract.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
You have no understanding what that money buys in Russia and how little it gets you in America.
He also completely negates the risk of injury or a catastrophic life event etc where his career is over , money now is always better than the potential of money on the future.

At 15/16 if you have a chance to set up yourself and family for the future it's very difficult to pass up because you *could* make more money in a few years.

If all goes as planned and he makes it big in the NHL, he's still going to earn a boat load of money. Worst case scenario his career fails and he still guaranteed a life changing amount of money for himself. If he passed on the deal, there is some risk that he might never make that much again (crazier things have happened).

I think people really fail to understand how much money that is for a 16 year old kid and how difficult it would be to turn it down and wait a few years. I don't think he regrets it at all, I wouldn't.

Hopefully for NHL fans sake Demidov can come over earlier, i the fact that he's only 1 year out and hasn't signed a deal yet makes it more likely he will.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
You have no understanding what that money buys in Russia and how little it gets you in America. Not to mention the fact that Michkov didn’t have to wait for the draft to get his current contract.
You overrate that difference, life in St Petersburg isnt cheapa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad