F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Has this really happened? Russian hockey brought up the first elite center after Kuznetsov and Malkin? The only problem, for some reason, SKA constantly moves him to the wing.

Reactions: AyeBah

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

And? I mean 19 points after 15 games in the USHL vs 41 points in 24 games in the MHL...
If anything Celebrini's the one that stands out there

Reactions: AyeBah

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I won't give an advanced ranking because my viewings of 2024 prospects have been limited as hell (unless it's Tanner Howe).

I do think Demidov is my favorite thus far.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021

And? I mean 19 points after 15 games in the USHL vs 41 points in 24 games in the MHL...
I would not say that Eiserman is worse than Demidov. Demidov, Eiserman and Celebrini are on the same level for me at the moment. And they over Kiviharju imo.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA

Eiserman has 52 points (and also 31 goals) in 30 games for the USNTDP which is definitely more impressive.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
yeah because the MHL is of similar caliber to the USHL...

The only time MHL team played vs USHL one it ended up not great for the USHL. Then again MHL players played a lot vs CHLers and USHLers at tournaments like U17 World Hockey Challenge and Hlinka and looked pretty solid. So yeah, MHL at the very least is as tough as the USHL...

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Svechnikov excelled in the USHL at 16. Very doubtful he would have outproduced those numbers in the MHL. So yeah, Demidov's numbers are fantastic.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
The only time MHL team played vs USHL one it ended up not great for the USHL. Then again MHL players played a lot vs CHLers and USHLers at tournaments like U17 World Hockey Challenge and Hlinka and looked pretty solid. So yeah, MHL at the very least is as tough as the USHL...
You are diluted. MHL is a shit show. USHL is a very good league with a ton of former NHLers.

Svechnikov excelled in the USHL at 16. Very doubtful he would have outproduced those numbers in the MHL. So yeah, Demidov's numbers are fantastic.
Not a great take here. Do you know how many of the top 15 MHL league leaders in scoring are currently in the NHL since 2010? 4.

USHL: more than 25. And that’s just players in the top 15 of scoring in that league. Andrei is a superstar player of course he was going to excel.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Not a great take here. Do you know how many of the top 15 MHL league leaders in scoring are currently in the NHL since 2010? 4.

USHL: more than 25. And that’s just players in the top 15 of scoring in that league. Andrei is a superstar player of course he was going to excel.

It's a very good take. A lot of those successful USHLers are simply kids. The best talents don't hang around in the USHL for very long.

Would you argue that it's harder to play in the CHL than the VHL because more successful NHLers pass through the CHL?

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
It's a very good take. A lot of those successful USHLers are simply kids. The best talents don't hang around in the USHL for very long.

Would you argue that it's harder to play in the CHL than the VHL because more successful NHLers pass through the CHL?
That’s a terrible comparison. MHL, USHL, and CHL are junior hockey leagues. I’m comparing the MHL to another junior league, the USHL. The VHL is professional hockey.

USHL has better competition for sure than the MHL. I’m comparing them because those kids are the same age range.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
That’s a terrible comparison. MHL, USHL, and CHL are junior hockey leagues. I’m comparing the MHL to another junior league, the USHL. The VHL is professional hockey.

You're being obtuse. You implied that a player should produce more in league x than league y because league y develops more NHLers. Which is just a silly thing to say, because a player's ability to produce points depends on many different factors. Of course comparing a junior league with a senior league is absurd, but I was just following your broken logic and you kind of asked for it.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
You are diluted. MHL is a shit show. USHL is a very good league with a ton of former NHLers.

You are aware that in the MHL scoring leaders are usually some 20 year olds, who are mostly there just because they didn't become good enough to be called up to other leagues, right?

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
You are aware that in the MHL scoring leaders are usually some 20 year olds, who are mostly there just because they didn't become good enough to be called up to other leagues, right?
If all the best Russians are playing in the KHL, how is the MHL a better league than the USHL? I don’t think you understood my point. USHL is a way better league than the MHL.
You're being obtuse. You implied that a player should produce more in league x than league y because league y develops more NHLers. Which is just a silly thing to say, because a player's ability to produce points depends on many different factors. Of course comparing a junior league with a senior league is absurd, but I was just following your broken logic and you kind of asked for it.
I’m saying the following: Evidenced by the fact that more high quality players come out of the USHL it is obviously a better league than the MHL. You’re being obtuse.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
If all the best Russians are playing in the KHL, how is the MHL a better league than the USHL? I don’t think you understood my point. USHL is a way better league than the MHL.
If all the best US players rather quickly move to the NCAA, how is the USHL a better league than the MHL? :sarcasm:

I also don't think you understood my point, which is 'talent != performance'. Performance is what contributes to the league level and while in the leagues like the NHL it is highly correlated with the talent, on junior level it is different. For example, last season Ivan Guskov's MHL performance (and therefore contribution to the league level) was similar to Michkov's, but I think I don't have to explain that the talent level is a bit different here.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
~12:00 TOI today for the KHL team SKA. Apparently, Rotenberg likes him very much. In the 3rd period, he was moved to the first line with (if I'm not mistaken) Gusev and Jaskin.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
If all the best US players rather quickly move to the NCAA, how is the USHL a better league than the MHL? :sarcasm:

The issue isn't even about which league is better but how likely one is to put up big numbers in one vs. the other. It's harder to put up big numbers at a young age in the MHL than in the USHL. He doesn't get it and that's fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad