F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Yeah, would be terrible if he went to an organization that has transformed their development group into one of the best in the league and for Demidov to learn the offensive game from Martin St Louis.

Would be better to go to Philly and learn how to grind from Tortorella.
One of the best? I believe Kotkaniemi would agree and Slafkovski is very happy with how fans treat him. And team overall. I am sure Demidov will be glad that after one unsuccessful move he will be compared with some "potentially more talented" Canadian, becuase he wants more pressure and motivation.

Or may be he will be okay to play in normal enviroment after everything he heard about his buddy Michkov from the mtl side of the planet.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
One of the best? I believe Kotkaniemi would agree and Slafkovski is very happy with how fans treat him. And team overall. I am sure Demidov will be glad that after one unsuccessful move he will be compared with some "potentially more talented" Canadian, becuase he wants more pressure and motivation.

Or may be he will be okay to play in normal enviroment after everything he heard about his buddy Michkov from the mtl side of the planet.

Kotkaniemi was with Bergevin and his development staff was the worst. Gotta remember those guys are gone and they've revamped a lot. Are we really gonna sit here and say Philly is a better development environment than Montreal now?

Slafkovsky gets treated very well by the team and org, can't control the fans who are idiots but again it's not like Philly is a sane and rational fan base.

What would Michkov say? The fans in Montreal wanted me and worshipped me so badly, now and before, that they consider me a generational can't miss talent and were upset with the selection they made?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Kotkaniemi was with Bergevin and his development staff was the worst. Gotta remember those guys are gone and they've revamped a lot. Are we really gonna sit here and say Philly is a better development environment than Montreal now?

Slafkovsky gets treated very well by the team and org, can't control the fans who are idiots but again it's not like Philly is a sane and rational fan base.

What would Michkov say? The fans in Montreal wanted me and worshipped me so badly, now and before, that they consider me a generational can't miss talent and were upset with the selection they made?
What he can say? He can even say nothing, there were tonns of stuff from the canadiens media, from scouting stuff and management stuff. And big part of the fans base translated this copium too. Again, you should understand that negative is much more volume in this cases and there were a lot of negative. A lot. This is what was heard in Russia in the press, in hockey circles. Stories about "part of mtl fan base would be happy with Michkov" is way out of view.

Im not interesting to make a deep dive, but I heard enough of sh1t from the media about Slafkovsky too. He isnt treeting well. As I remember Laraque said he wanted him to trade for Dubois.

I understand that this is not the full audience. But the level of adequacy from the loud part of the fan base and from the part of the media is extremely low, Montreal is known for this now. This is how it is perceived from the outside. And Montreal is now hardly the first or second or third place on the list of desirable places for Demidov. With Matveu they are friends and partners. In Montreal, they definitely overdid it with Michkov to seriously talk about it now.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
What he can say? He can even say nothing, there were tonns of stuff from the canadiens media, from scouting stuff and management stuff. And big part of the fans base translated this copium too. Again, you should understand that negative is much more volume in this cases and there were a lot of negative. A lot. This is what was heard in Russia in the press, in hockey circles. Stories about "part of mtl fan base would be happy with Michkov" is way out of view.

Im not interesting to make a deep dive, but I heard enough of sh1t from the media about Slafkovsky too. He isnt treeting well. As I remember Laraque said he wanted him to trade for Dubois.

I understand that this is not the full audience. But the level of adequacy from the loud part of the fan base and from the part of the media is extremely low, Montreal is known for this now. This is how it is perceived from the outside. And Montreal is now hardly the first or second or third place on the list of desirable places for Demidov. With Matveu they are friends and partners. In Montreal, they definitely overdid it with Michkov to seriously talk about it now.
You said the team ‘’overall’’ are mistreating Slafkovsky. Now you talk about the medias.

The medias or even fans are not the team/organisation.

Demidov will go where he’s gonna be drafted, end of story. Can be anywhere for all we know right now.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Ah I get it now. You're upset that the Habs organization didn't draft Michkov and that there was a discussion to prepare their fans through the media that they weren't wanting Michkov.

Smith and Simashev both went over him. The Sharks scouts didn't believe he was a better option than Smith.

The Habs scouts like Demidov; there's a chance he goes there. So you'll have to wait and see but there was nothing toxic in Montreal regarding Michkov, the only toxicity is the reaction of the fans toward Reinbacher and the org for not taking him.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Ah I get it now. You're upset that the Habs organization didn't draft Michkov and that there was a discussion to prepare their fans through the media that they weren't wanting Michkov.

Smith and Simashev both went over him. The Sharks scouts didn't believe he was a better option than Smith.

The Habs scouts like Demidov; there's a chance he goes there. So you'll have to wait and see but there was nothing toxic in Montreal regarding Michkov, the only toxicity is the reaction of the fans toward Reinbacher and the org for not taking him.
Im not upset, im happy that he wasnt drafted by mtl. I hoped for it in the draft day. I upset how this comedy developed before and after. And I believe Demidov didnt laugh too.
You said the team ‘’overall’’ are mistreating Slafkovsky. Now you talk about the medias.

The medias or even fans are not the team/organisation.

Demidov will go where he’s gonna be drafted, end of story. Can be anywhere for all we know right now.
If you want to talk about team, then they should sent him to AHL. Its not a big deal on my taste, but overall - again, doesnt look great from different perspectives from the outside point of view. Team made wrong decision, part of the media wanted to trade him, big and loud part fans call him bust. The story of the friend and teammate where a young player was slandered and doused with mud. Its not attractive for a young Demidov. And Im not talking about political side(its not a place for it), but it is a thing too.

Again you guys confuse how it looks from your side, and like normal fans, you want to see the positive side of what is happening, but there is a point of view from the outside. And from the outside, everything looks completely different. This does not mean that Montreal will not become a successful team, but Montreal has not earned positive fame in certain broad circles lately.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
What is the earliest he can come to North America? Did he sign the same contract as Michkov?

Saxon

Demigod
Mar 9, 2015
Yeah, would be terrible if he went to an organization that has transformed their development group into one of the best in the league and for Demidov to learn the offensive game from Martin St Louis.

Would be better to go to Philly and learn how to grind from Tortorella.

Hahahaha so funny.
Thank you, I’m here all week….. try the fish! :DD

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think he goes in the 7-12 range but he’s certainly top 5 on talent. I don’t think he’s quite as talented as Michkov who went 7th. I have a hard time believing that NHL teams will take him over Dickinson, Yackemchuk, Catton. Minnesota feels like a potential landing spot for him.

Reactions: Nabrules

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I think he goes in the 7-12 range but he’s certainly top 5 on talent. I don’t think he’s quite as talented as Michkov who went 7th. I have a hard time believing that NHL teams will take him over Dickinson, Yackemchuk, Catton. Minnesota feels like a potential landing spot for him.
Not quite as talented and a bit smaller. Your projection seems most likely as of now.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Smaller? Really?
I mean, I don't know. He's listed as 5'11" and 168lb on various sites. That's approx an inch taller and 15lbs lighter than Michkov. Things can change from age 17-23, but I was going off publicly available info.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I mean, I don't know. He's listed as 5'11" and 168lb on various sites. That's approx an inch taller and 15lbs lighter than Michkov. Things can change from age 17-23, but I was going off publicly available info.

The height measurements are often wrong. If you look at them playing next to each other Demidov seems at least 2-3 inches taller.

It's harder to know on weights but I don't trust the listed numbers for that either. Michkov is too thin in the shoulders to be 180+ already, though I don't doubt that he can get there.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
The height measurements are often wrong. If you look at them playing next to each other Demidov seems at least 2-3 inches taller.

It's harder to know on weights but I don't trust the listed numbers for that either. Michkov is too thin in the shoulders to be 180+ already, though I don't doubt that he can get there.
I'm 5'10" and 180 and not fat, and I look far less ripped than Michkov... Dude has quads and a neck. Point taken on how untrustworthy these stats can be though, and most 18 year olds aren't done growing.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Great prospect but I feel a bit overhyped when comparing him to michkov. Imo michkov has 100 point potential and Demidov closer to ppg.

Reactions: coooldude

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Great prospect but I feel a bit overhyped when comparing him to michkov. Imo michkov has 100 point potential and Demidov closer to ppg.

The difference in finishing ability is enormous between the two, and that ultimately should make Michkov the more valuable player. But I can see some teams being more comfortable with the more standard package that Demidov brings. It looks like he can fit with any possession offense.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'm 5'10" and 180 and not fat, and I look far less ripped than Michkov... Dude has quads and a neck. Point taken on how untrustworthy these stats can be though, and most 18 year olds aren't done growing.
5’10 and as lean as Michkov is, his genetic potential is probably 185 max. I’d say he’s low 170s right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad