Prospect Info: F Isak Rosen (14th Overall, 2021), Assigned to Rochester 12/10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Wasn’t able to attend any of the dev camp times with work this week. How did Rosen look?
He had a great goal in the 3 on 3 tournament today. But overall I thought he really half assed it in the tournament. I know it’s dev camp but it was still disappointing. Some people yelled at me in the other thread for saying that though, so maybe catch the replay online and see for yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
He had a great goal in the 3 on 3 tournament today. But overall I thought he really half assed it in the tournament. I know it’s dev camp but it was still disappointing. Some people yelled at me in the other thread for saying that though, so maybe catch the replay online and see for yourself.

You can't tell anything from the replay. That's why it's so different to attend these games if you can. Plus we don't know how he looked in the drills and small area games the previous couple of days which is what the coaches and development staff actually use to help gage where a player is in their development and what they can offer the team.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
You can't tell anything from the replay. That's why it's so different to attend these games if you can. Plus we don't know how he looked in the drills and small area games the previous couple of days which is what the coaches and development staff actually use to help gage where a player is in their development and what they can offer the team.
I disagree that you can’t tell anything from the replay, but I do agree that overall the tournament shouldn’t really be used as a barometer for how well a player is doing (which is why some of us should probably cool it with the heaps of praise, too). Even the coaches said that this is moreso about getting familiar with the organization and using it as a team building exercise, more than the on-ice stuff.

However, if Rosen had a bad dev camp it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes guys need a wake up call. Tage Thompson said in his post season press conference that Granato sat him down prior to the start of the year and said “it’s now or never for you” and how that stuck with him (as a side note, I wonder if a similar conversation is had with Mittelstadt this year).

Our organization has preached honesty with players, and if KA/Peca or any of the dev coaches had issue with how Rosen did, they could very well say something like “that won’t cut it in the AHL, much less the NHL”. That could be a wake up call for what sort of training he needs to do or the intensity he needs to play with if he’s going to make it. If you’re going to make mistakes, a dev camp would be a great time to do it.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Bumping this thread with the WJC tourny starting. I didn't have a chance to watch any of the pre-tournament games (don't think they were broadcast on TSN).

Did anyone catch the games against Finland or Canada? If so, how did Rosen look?

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Bumping this thread with the WJC tourny starting. I didn't have a chance to watch any of the pre-tournament games (don't think they were broadcast on TSN).

Did anyone catch the games against Finland or Canada? If so, how did Rosen look?
I don’t think there was a broadcast anywhere for either game. No live stream or anything.

Reactions: Chainshot and jmelm

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I like how he’s reading the play in the neutral zone. He didn’t cheat there at all. He drifts back towards his zone initially not sure if his side will get possession and as soon as they do he takes off to be ahead of the play. It’s a little thing but it’s not a nothing.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I like how he’s reading the play in the neutral zone. He didn’t cheat there at all. He drifts back towards his zone initially not sure if his side will get possession and as soon as they do he takes off to be ahead of the play. It’s a little thing but it’s not a nothing.

But is it enough not to Cossa or Wallstedt? :sarcasm:

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I didn't like the Rosen pick at the time and was very disappointed by his progress this past year. However, watching yesterdays game gave me more confidence. He skated hard & fast, displayed his good shot on more than one occasion, even showed a willingness to be physical on the ice. He looked like a first-round pick to me. It's just one game and it was against an inferior opponent - but I hope to see more of that in the WJC & Roch.

Edit: I also wasn't impressed with Cossa or Wallstedt in their games, so that made the Rosen pick seem even better yesterday :)

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
It only took two games for everyone to love him
I mean he produced well against his peers this past season also in the J20. I think some people just expected more with the SHL club, but obviously Buffalo didn't like the way he was being developed there so hopefully he shows more of why he was drafted where he was in Rochester.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad