Prospect Info: F Isak Rosen (14th Overall, 2021), Assigned to Rochester 12/10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Hey, this time I bumped a thread with actual news :cool:

Well I guess I can't speak for other fans around here (since it seems like we can't bring up Rosen without Wallstedt, Cossa, Othmann, Wyatt Johnson or someone else being brough up instead), but I for one am excited about Rosen killing it this next year with the WJC's being the starting point :cool:

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
We can shit on Bjork. We know he’ll at least be on the team next season compared to everyone else
Bjorks not great but he doesn't seem to complain about having the 13th forward role or getting limited minutes so someone like him I don't have much of a problem with as he's not much worse than most other teams 13th or 14th forwards.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well the CHL draft is complete and Rosen was NOT selected.

It seemed that going to a top end CHL team might be the perfect fit for Rosen, but I think we can infer from this that the Sabres feel Rosen either is ready for Rochester and/or is better off going back to a specific spot in SWE they now have more control over.

This is the first bit of substantive insight we can glean/infer from what's going on and what their plans are for him. Next step, development camp and the rescheduled summer WJC's.

Reactions: old kummelweck

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Well the CHL draft is complete and Rosen was NOT selected.

It seemed that going to a top end CHL team might be the perfect fit for Rosen, but I think we can infer from this that the Sabres feel Rosen either is ready for Rochester and/or is better off going back to a specific spot in SWE they now have more control over.

This is the first bit of substantive insight we can glean/infer from what's going on and what their plans are for him. Next step, development camp and the rescheduled summer WJC's.
Big dissapointment. For anyone who watched along the Amerks playoffs this year, Rosen would clearly get rolled with the physicality and reffing in that league. Maybe that got some reassurances in Sweden that he'll get much more opportunity, because the CHL just made too much sense.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Big dissapointment. For anyone who watched along the Amerks playoffs this year, Rosen would clearly get rolled with the physicality and reffing in that league. Maybe that got some reassurances in Sweden that he'll get much more opportunity, because the CHL just made too much sense.

Yeah, I was really hoping the Hunters in London would get their hands on him.

But I'll be optimistic and say perhaps the team knows something we don't, either in terms of where they project his physical maturity to be by the fall, or they're confident in the team & role he'll be playing in SWE next season. :dunno:

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I think he could still do well. I seem to recall some scouts saying he had very elusive speed and was able to easily shake defenders or catch them off balance a bit like Marner. Some of those smaller skill guys learn very early on how to avoid or evade hits simply due to them always playing against larger opponents. Not saying he'll never get hit or have to absorb a check, but he could surprise us.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, I was really hoping the Hunters in London would get their hands on him.

But I'll be optimistic and say perhaps the team knows something we don't, either in terms of where they project his physical maturity to be by the fall, or they're confident in the team & role he'll be playing in SWE next season. :dunno:

Ah well, the hope was slim that he'd get a CHL slot and have a chance to integrate in an environment against his peers. I'm leaning toward him getting lent to an SHL or Allsvenskan team at this point. Hoping his hand injury hasn't inhibited his ability to pound protein shakes and lift weights while he's been recovering.

Reactions: jmelm

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Cossa looked bad in the Memorial Cup and Edmonton finished last. Let’s not put any of these guys in the HOF yet. Nice to see you writing guys off after one season though.

Are you not writing off Cossa after the memorial cup?

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I think he could still do well. I seem to recall some scouts saying he had very elusive speed and was able to easily shake defenders or catch them off balance a bit like Marner. Some of those smaller skill guys learn very early on how to avoid or evade hits simply due to them always playing against larger opponents. Not saying he'll never get hit or have to absorb a check, but he could surprise us.
I wasn't complaining about his talent, he's abundant in that category. I think if this dude works hard in each offseason for the next couple years to put on muscle and he actually gets opportunity on ice he could become something good. 4 minutes per game in Sweden just won't cut it for anyone. He got a raw deal last year. That's why a lot of us were hoping he would come to the CHL, because Sweden wasn't working out and the AHL is not a good league for him currently.

Reactions: Matt Ress

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I wasn't complaining about his talent, he's abundant in that category. I think if this dude works hard in each offseason for the next couple years to put on muscle and he actually gets opportunity on ice he could become something good. 4 minutes per game in Sweden just won't cut it for anyone. He got a raw deal last year. That's why a lot of us were hoping he would come to the CHL, because Sweden wasn't working out and the AHL is not a good league for him currently.
Yea I was just more speaking to him being able to handle the AHL despite his size. Not so much his skill.

Reactions: Zach716

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad