F Brayden Yager - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2023, 14th, PIT; traded to WPG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I did, and I'm still confused. Am I supposed be impressed by a JAN birthday scoring 1.2 PPG in the WHL?
I'm not a Yager fan. But his peers were not taller, stronger, or more physical than him.
Yeah the concern is he didn't show a lot in 5on5, but it's only October…

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018
I've seen him play. I have CHL TV. He's a good player, but based on what posters were saying on here, I expected a higher level of play. I have him sixth.
Fair enough, I guess we will have to wait and see if he can heat up which I believe he will. The tools are there and I think its unfair to judge him just by stats. Sixth is still a fair valuation given how stacked the top bit of the draft is.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Having a really hard time trying to determine if I rank him above Leo Carlsson. I think it’s undeniable that Carlsson is the better player today, but I like Yager’s tools more. So, I have them as like a 4A 4B right now on my lists

Once Brayden Yager fills out I really think he could be a first line center. Great speed, lethal shot, and has some real swagger at times. I think he’s going to be a great player.

Reactions: Dominance

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Having a really hard time trying to determine if I rank him above Leo Carlsson. I think it’s undeniable that Carlsson is the better player today, but I like Yager’s tools more. So, I have them as like a 4A 4B right now on my lists

Once Brayden Yager fills out I really think he could be a first line center. Great speed, lethal shot, and has some real swagger at times. I think he’s going to be a great player.
I have similar issues with Yager. I really have a soft spot for his toolkit/game and I think he has better tools for playmaking/passing than he has shown yet. My only knock towards yager is that he shoots bit too much from outside and he could be bit more physical. To me, Yager is at least a good second line center with first line center upside.

I am currently wrestling if I should have Yager somewhere between 3-6 and it currently switches daily. Kinda tells how strong this year's draft class is.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelFarrell

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The way he skates reminds me of mackinnon. Not as explosive but his skating and release while shooting are really similar. I saw one highlight the looked like an exact copy of a kackinnon junior goal. Number 29 too. Obviously not the same level of prospects, just an observation.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Doesn't hurt that he's playing with Firkus.
Actually so far this year overall it has imo. Since Firkus got drafted he thinks he's hot **** and tries to be a one man show a lot of the time instead of letting Yager be the puck carrier. Last year they had good chemistry but they've been off all year so far, hopefully Korczak being back will help fix that.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Actually so far this year overall it has imo. Since Firkus got drafted he thinks he's hot **** and tries to be a one man show a lot of the time instead of letting Yager be the puck carrier. Last year they had good chemistry but they've been off all year so far, hopefully Korczak being back will help fix that.
appreciate the insight. Firkus looked good in those clips, drawing attention away from Yaeger.

I haven't watched a lot of Yaeger, but every time I do I come away impressed. I like the skill and smarts, and he seems like his size and skating will not hold him back at all. A lot to like there.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I won't say like that. Firkus is better than most of teammates other prospects have. If not him, Yager can't score even one goal last night. He makes MJ's PP be lethal, and Yager have 17p on PP this season.
And, no one is obligated to make you a superstar by playing in a way he doesn't want. At least in yesterday's game I didn't think Firkus was selfish. Maybe when Yager plays with other guys, there will be still complaints like "Why can't his linemates win the puck battle and pass to him" or "Why can't his linemates bury the chance he set up" I don't think it's necessary to judge Firkus, he is a good boy.

Reactions: tunnelvision

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I won't say like that. Firkus is better than most of teammates other prospects have. If not him, Yager can't score even one goal last night. He makes MJ's PP be lethal, and Yager have 17p on PP this season.
And, no one is obligated to make you a superstar by playing in a way he doesn't want. At least in yesterday's game I didn't think Firkus was selfish. Maybe when Yager plays with other guys, there will be still complaints like "Why can't his linemates win the puck battle and pass to him" or "Why can't his linemates bury the chance he set up" I don't think it's necessary to judge Firkus, he is a good boy.
Agreed. Korczak is great at playmaking but his tight space movement and wrist shot aren't that kind of a threat that naturally draws attention from the opponent in-zone plays as they do with Firkus. To me Firkus is clearly the best Warrior at finding cross ice passing seams and giving Yager tons of prime scoring opportunities with his deceptiveness.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
yeah that's on the PP though, Firkus is a big reason for why they look bad at even strength. Moose Jaw as a whole hasn't played as well as they should be it's not just Firkus but Yager is the only one who consistently creates at even strength among the forwards. So many times he makes a pass that isn't converted or is open in a high danger area and they can't get him the puck/don't see him.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
yeah that's on the PP though, Firkus is a big reason for why they look bad at even strength. Moose Jaw as a whole hasn't played as well as they should be it's not just Firkus but Yager is the only one who consistently creates at even strength among the forwards. So many times he makes a pass that isn't converted or is open in a high danger area and they can't get him the puck/don't see him.
I don't think Firkus is as bad as you said… He had more even strength points, more primary points and passed eyes test.
A lot of great players in junior suffered that, you're better than your teammates, you can't just blame them can't finish, can't set up chance for you. Bedard doesn't have better teammates, Dragicevic doesn't have better teammates, Cristall doesn't have better teammates. Best player of the team need skills and personality to lead this team, instead of complaining teammates not good enough. I've seen what you're talking about happen to yager, but I've seen it happen to others many more times, more often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad