F Brayden Yager - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2023, 14th, PIT; traded to WPG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Gonna put this in writing now to look back on in June but when this draft is all said and done I think it's Bedard #1 and Yager #2.
I don’t think this is a hot take.

Michkov will definitely fall out of the top-3, possibly top-5, with all the uncertainty around him and the quality of the players in the draft. Nobody has a better case for 2 than Yager, outside of maybe Fantilli.

Reactions: Bubbles

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t think this is a hot take.

Michkov will definitely fall out of the top-3, possibly top-5, with all the uncertainty around him and the quality of the players in the draft. Nobody has a better case for 2 than Yager, outside of maybe Fantilli.

I wouldn’t say definitely. Teams take risks all the time. I don’t think it’d be unfathomable that teams take a clear top two player in this draft that has some concerns surrounding him about two situations that have nothing to do with his ability to play hockey.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
For those that are really familiar with this player, how well do the games he has played thus far represent his ability? I’ve watched 3 games, and I have a been very underwhelmed.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kid makes it look easy. Reminds me a bit of Seguin with his explosiveness and the heavy RH shot

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
For those that are really familiar with this player, how well do the games he has played thus far represent his ability? I’ve watched 3 games, and I have a been very underwhelmed.
In my eyes the Warriors collectively have been a bit underwhelming compared to last year. Especially in the game against #1 ranked CHL team Winnipeg they had trouble getting out of the zone or creating much offense. I've partially watched 3 regular season games.

That said, imo Yager was their best player in that 3-game span.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Off to a relatively slow start - 9 points in 8 games (for his standards anyway). To be fair, the entire MJ team has started slow

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Not too worried. Once things start clicking he will score an avalanche of points. The skating, shot, intelligence package is just elite. Sample size way too small to drop him out of the top group of prospects (Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, Yager, Carlsson).

Reactions: Nabrules

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Does 167lbs and 18 PIMS last season worry you on such a high pick?
Why’s that?
If anything a player that has yet to fill out has more potential than a guy that has if they put up similar totals.
Yager is putting up numbers like that and he has yet to fill out. Imagine when he does and what he can do.
MacKinnon had the same “problem” in his draft year and a few seasons after.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Why’s that?
If anything a player that has yet to fill out has more potential than a guy that has if they put up similar totals.
Yager is putting up numbers like that and he has yet to fill out. Imagine when he does and what he can do.
MacKinnon had the same “problem” in his draft year and a few seasons after.
What are you talking about? MacKinnon was built even as a 17 year old, he was always a physical specimen.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
What are you talking about? MacKinnon was built even as a 17 year old, he was always a physical specimen.
No he wasn’t.

On draft day he was listed as 180lbs.
Today he is listed as 200lbs.

It‘s been documented that a big reason for why he broke out in 2018 is because of his focus on his body and fitness.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
No he wasn’t.

On draft day he was listed as 180lbs.
Today he is listed as 200lbs.

It‘s been documented that a big reason for why he broke out in 2018 is because of his focus on his body and fitness.

MacKinnon weighed in at 190 lbs (7.5% body fat) at the draft combine which happened the week after his team won the memorial cup, so he likely weighed more during the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juxtaposer

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
Numbers like what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad