F Brayden Yager - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2023, 14th, PIT; traded to WPG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
The 2023 draft is absolutely stacked.

This is the best year for Western Canadian prospects that I can remember in a long, long time.

Yager looks every bit like a top 5 talent in a fantastic draft.

That's why a lot of us here have said to load up on 2023 draft picks, because it's so deep.

Montreal is ahead of the game and have Florida's unprotected. Imagine starting a team with Bedard and Yager.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
That's why a lot of us here have said to load up on 2023 draft picks, because it's so deep.

Montreal is ahead of the game and have Florida's unprotected. Imagine starting a team with Bedard and Yager.
I’ve been saying the last few weeks, with 1 bad injury to Barkov or Ekblad (which I don’t want to happen) and their weird off season Florida could fall in the standings and may be in playoffs battle, they could end up between 10 and 25th pick

Reactions: Bubbles

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I’ve been saying the last few weeks, with 1 bad injury to Barkov or Ekblad (which I don’t want to happen) and their weird off season Florida could fall in the standings and may be in playoffs battle, they could end up between 10 and 25th pick
Barkov and Ekblad are both injury prone aswell.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
I have heard he have a great two way game, how he is in the corner and his positioning/anticipation ?

Suzuki and Yager sound sweet too me.

Oh and on the PP

Suzuki
Caufield Slaf Yager
Dach

Last edited:

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Having a top 5 pick in this draft will be a game-changer for franchises. Each prospect is world-class and would go much higher in other years.

This includes Yager.

It truly is the best time to tank.
Send us Matthews for Gallagher and Hoffman

Salaries match and you'll tank

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
My early take is:

1. Bedard
2. Michkov
3. Yager or Fantilli
4. Fantilli or Yager

And then a decent gap to the next group - who, early on, I have as Dvorsky, Ritchie, Stramel, Benson, Carlsson, Halttunen, Allen. That next group is damn, damn good too, but from what I’ve seen so far, I think a level below Yager and Fantilli.

To me, Yager and Fantilli both look like quality 2nd overall picks, or lower end 1st overall picks, in a more normal draft, while I think those other 7 seem like 4-7 types in a normal draft. Regardless, STACKED top 10.

Last edited:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Having a top 5 pick in this draft will be a game-changer for franchises. Each prospect is world-class and would go much higher in other years.

This includes Yager.

It truly is the best time to tank.

I might add that NHL teams will be a bit more reluctant to offer up their 1st rounders at the trade deadline next year. The draft will be so deep that getting a more than solid player in the bottom end of the 1st round will be likely.

Reactions: Dominance

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I see the hype and I think he's a pretty good prospect, but I don't know that I think he's some guy with NHL superstar potential. Probably a good bet to be a 1B or 2A type of center. He reminds me a little of Shane Wright, but a few inches shorter and probably not as good. Other than the shot I don't know that I think anything sticks out about his game. He's good in a lot of areas. Probably no real weakness. Top 10, likely. Top 5, possible but I wouldn't say I think it's some lock.

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
I see the hype and I think he's a pretty good prospect, but I don't know that I think he's some guy with NHL superstar potential. Probably a good bet to be a 1B or 2A type of center. He reminds me a little of Shane Wright, but a few inches shorter and probably not as good. Other than the shot I don't know that I think anything sticks out about his game. He's good in a lot of areas. Probably no real weakness. Top 10, likely. Top 5, possible but I wouldn't say I think it's some lock.
These are pretty much my thoughts in my viewings. Does everything at a high level but I don't see any X-factor (skill or brain) that will make him a superstar. I prefer him over Shane Wright though - he seems more assertive and involved. Should have a realistic chance at 50G/100P this season.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
These are pretty much my thoughts in my viewings. Does everything at a high level but I don't see any X-factor (skill or brain) that will make him a superstar. I prefer him over Shane Wright though - he seems more assertive and involved. Should have a realistic chance at 50G/100P this season.

Yeah, he's definitely looking like a better prospect than Wright at this point. I think his shot is better and he is way more intense, involved and implicated all over the ice.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021

Would someone like Roope Hintz from Dallas(good 1B center) work as NHL comparable? He is first guy that comes to mind when watching players with Savoie's or Yager's profile in center. Granted, Yager probably has more finishing potential.

I might be completely off the mark though since I haven't seen huge amount of Yager yet.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Would someone like Roope Hintz from Dallas(good 1B center) work as NHL comparable? He is first guy that comes to mind when watching players with Savoie's or Yager's profile in center. Granted, Yager probably has more finishing potential.

I might be completely off the mark though since I haven't seen huge amount of Yager yet.
Yagers comp is Mackinnon

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I agree with the MacKinnon comparison just in that Yager resembles MacK visually. Skating stride and shooting technique are very similar.

He does lack a bit of MacKinnon's explosiveness and "bull-like" quality, but I do think the argument could be made that Yager is the smarter player at the same age.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I agree with the MacKinnon comparison just in that Yager resembles MacK visually. Skating stride and shooting technique are very similar.

He does lack a bit of MacKinnon's explosiveness and "bull-like" quality, but I do think the argument could be made that Yager is the smarter player at the same age.

Yager is smarter. I just don't think the physical tools are anywhere close however.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Curious what Yager ends up in NHL ? 70 pts a yr / 2 way Center ? How does he compare to Frank Nazar ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad