F Brayden Yager - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2023, 14th, PIT; traded to WPG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mercedes Benn

Aug 3, 2018
Probably because he got exceptional so actually was supposed to be playing unlike the rest who only played that much due to covid shutting down their midget seasons
Yeah that has to be it, still kind of odd in my opinion. Nonetheless, happy for Yager. Saskatchewan is finally started to produce high end talent again. Next year will be fun watching him and Heidt!

Reactions: JotAlan

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’d easily have gone #1 in this past draft IMO. Instead he’s going to be in a dogfight for like the 3-5 range this year. I think he may have the inside track as of now - being a big Canadian center out of the WHL never hurt anybodys stock. But the competition is going to be fierce. So excited for the ‘23 draft…big boy prospects all over the place. There’s going to be a handful of teams who even though they miss out on Bedard are still going to feel like they got a more traditional “top pick”. Definitely a good year to suck and feel confident about getting a franchise cornerstone forward.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
There is a lot of MacKinnon stuff in his game.

Not quite sure he has the ELITE shot MacKinnon has or the ELITE ability to just turn on the jets MacKinnon has though.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
People who think Fantilli rounds out the consensus top 3 might be changing their minds soon. Mackinnon 2.0 as I've been saying for a while
I’ve been saying for over a year now that Yager would go before Michkov.

There is a lot of MacKinnon stuff in his game.

Not quite sure he has the ELITE shot MacKinnon has or the ELITE ability to just turn on the jets MacKinnon has though.
MacKinnon wasn’t MacKinnon until four years after being drafted.

Reactions: Bubbles

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
He is one of like 10 guys that could go #3. Hell given Michkovs contract issues he could even go 2.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He’d easily have gone #1 in this past draft IMO. Instead he’s going to be in a dogfight for like the 3-5 range this year. I think he may have the inside track as of now - being a big Canadian center out of the WHL never hurt anybodys stock. But the competition is going to be fierce. So excited for the ‘23 draft…big boy prospects all over the place. There’s going to be a handful of teams who even though they miss out on Bedard are still going to feel like they got a more traditional “top pick”. Definitely a good year to suck and feel confident about getting a franchise cornerstone forward.

The 2023 draft is absolutely stacked.

This is the best year for Western Canadian prospects that I can remember in a long, long time.

Yager looks every bit like a top 5 talent in a fantastic draft.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
A part of me wants Kraken to draft him so that there would be a greater chance of seeing Yager-Firkus duo at the next level.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
The 2023 draft is absolutely stacked.

This is the best year for Western Canadian prospects that I can remember in a long, long time.

Yager looks every bit like a top 5 talent in a fantastic draft.

How about Top 3? Haven't decided if it's Yager or Benson yet, but I'm leaning Yager 3 Benson 4 and Fantilli 5, But I'm really looking forward to how this season plays out. Monster Draft.

Reactions: snipes

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
How about Top 3? Haven't decided if it's Yager or Benson yet, but I'm leaning Yager 3 Benson 4 and Fantilli 5, But I'm really looking forward to how this season plays out. Monster Draft.
Don’t see Benson being top-5 - his height will end up working against him. Yager without a doubt can claim a top - 5 spot and I could see Fantilli falling to the teens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad