Speculation: Expansion Draft - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Interesting to note, i was listening to CJOB yesterday morning, normally don't, just was in the car with my dad and yeah he likes to listen to it so there we go... but, Jets news came on, I was like oh that's odd, CJOB talking bout the Jets? wonder what this is about and it was somebody (not sure who, maybe kelly moore, maybe someone else, i'm really not sure) but they were talking about Enstrom and the possibility of him waiving his NMC and all that and the guy talking said he has heard strong rumors that suggest Enstrom wants to go back to Sweden soon, i wonder if this means a buyout is coming or if he finishes off his last year here and then heads back? They made it seem like it was pretty much a guarantee that he'd be back in Sweden playing hockey over there instead of here. I wonder if He is a buyout candidate... and i wonder if they move up to 3 and take Heiskanen, is he NHL ready? Could he play with Buff?

Well, if he wants to go back to Sweden he can just retire.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Could Enstrom just retire like Kovy?

He waives and if Vegas picks him they are SOL

No reason to announce it until after the XD

:tinfoil hat:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
He's getting married this summer and his fiancé is a Swedish sports journalist or reporter. Does she move here for one year then they both move back to Sweden?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I believe she is also battling cancer at the moment or was last year.

She had surgery last November for it when Toby left the team for a week or so.

My understanding is she was coming over to NA to get hitched and live here.

My presumption was they'd give NA one year together (in Winnipeg) then decide whether to move back to Sweden or sign another contract in NA.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well maybe he's willing to play 1 more year in Winnipeg if he's not selected but would retire if selected.

I've thought for a while that Enstrom might retire early because of his girlfriend's cancer scare. Kind of hits home just how cruelly short life can be, and you start thinking of simplifying your life to spend more time with those you love.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I've thought for a while that Enstrom might retire early because of his girlfriend's cancer scare. Kind of hits home just how cruelly short life can be, and you start thinking of simplifying your life to spend more time with those you love.

Doesn't hurt that he's also made millions upon millions of dollars in his career.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yup. Nobody in their right mind would walk away from that.

He has more money than he could ever spend. You have no idea what that is like. Other Swedes have left the NHL to play at home in years past

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Hopefully he stays. The team has no one to replace him with and his 5.75m cap hit is nothing when we have 17m in cap space remaining.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
He has more money than he could ever spend. You have no idea what that is like. Other Swedes have left the NHL to play at home in years past

He could make a decent living in the SEL without the NHL grind on his health. It's a significant consideration when you've made $30m in your career.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree I would like Toby to waive but stay and play at least this season pending the potential results of off season transactions to add or extend other D assets?

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
That's because he knows the jets are the only team that will make sure they get their money's worth and play him more then he should be

Not a lot of options. 60 minutes to fill for LHD. After Morrissey, it's Enstrom and Stuart.

Maybe we can sign Stanley Cup champion Ron Hainsey this summer to lighten the load...

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
This Enstrom talk is silly. He has one "down" season (down being "less than his other great seasons") for a multitude of reasons that extend to outside of hockey, and you guys are saying he should retire, sometimes implying that "that's what loyal players would do (re: MAFleury)". What?

I've been thinking about yesterday a little more. What if it turns out Enstrom hasn't waived and perhaps Myers is left unprotected, but there's a deal in place for VGK to select Dano for additional prospects/picks?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This Enstrom talk is silly. He has one "down" season (down being "less than his other great seasons") for a multitude of reasons that extend to outside of hockey, and you guys are saying he should retire, sometimes implying that "that's what loyal players would do (re: MAFleury)". What?

I've been thinking about yesterday a little more. What if it turns out Enstrom hasn't waived and perhaps Myers is left unprotected, but there's a deal in place for VGK to select Dano for additional prospects/picks?

I'd say that at this point it's likely that the org is looking at 7-3-1 and one of Toby or Myers is exposed. Either that or the Jets are close to dealing a dmen. Should be an interesting next couple of days.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

If Myers wasn't already here and we acquired him by sending the other team Dano and a 2nd for him - what would be the consensus view on that deal with Myers coming off an 11 game season?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
If Myers wasn't already here and we acquired him by sending the other team Dano and a 2nd for him - what would be the consensus view on that deal with Myers coming off an 11 game season?

If we didn't have 2 RHD ahead of him I would think that is a decent risk and a buy low attempt .......

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

Not a chance. If myers is left unprotected vegas would want him. Us unable to get toby to waive means nothing to them. Offering dano is a joke. The price we would have to pay for them not to take myers is probably twice as much for them not to take perreault. You would be better off to go 4-4. If we go 7-3 its enstrom getting exposed and not myers.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I think this is very possible, though that wouldn't necessitate signing Dano.

I agree with you about Enstrom. I think it's quite possible that they have asked Enstrom to waive and then worked out a deal with LV to not select him. The Jets still need to have two eligible forwards exposed, and LV knew that by leaving Enstrom they were still going to get Dano, Armia or Copp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad