Speculation: Expansion Draft - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
While I think the org and Maurice overvalue Lowry I feel many on here substantially undervalue him. His net contribution based on WAR was that if a second line centre not a fourth line one. The only thing he does at a fourth line rate is point production, he is significantly better than that in a number of other criteria. You can be as skeptical of him repeating his strong special teams play but the fact of the matter is that the analytics last year would support the Jets valuing him highly. That doesn't mean he should be valued over Perrault who has a greater impact but Lowry is no run of the mill 4th line C.

Yup.

Here's an illustration...

gar.png

Lowry's deficit is in EV offense. Lowry doesn't exactly play with the top offensive forwards at 5v5. He doesn't drive the offense, for sure, but he's no slouch in other areas of contribution.

GAR was 5th among Jets forwards. Considering age, position and cap hit, he's a pretty valuable player. Add in his physical presence and character, and that adds to the appeal. He would be a very hot commodity on the trade market. It's not like he just fell off the turnip truck, either. WHL player of the year, Scholastic player of the year. 17 goals as an AHL rookie (in 64 games) isn't to be scoffed at, either.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Maybe we can't see the forest through the trees. I think Vegas needs some grit and shot blocking on defense. McPhee is old school. How can they pass on Mark Stuart? :sarcasm:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
So then all the traded will flow after the team is announced. It's going to be a pretty anxious week.

I have a feeling there will be some leaks. Don't you?

Trades not involving Vegas can be announced normally

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
If it came down to Lowry or Perreault... Might be a good thing financially / cap wise to have Perreault picked up by Vegas. That's $4,125,000 that could slide towards Ehlers / when the time comes.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
If it came down to Lowry or Perreault... Might be a good thing financially / cap wise to have Perreault picked up by Vegas. That's $4,125,000 that could slide towards Ehlers / when the time comes.

I don't think they're going to lose either.

The dano signing is assuredly expansion draft related. At the very least, it means they're contemplating going 7-3-1. So, either they asked enstrom to waive his NMC and are waiting to hear his decision or he's already agreed to waive it or they're thinking about exposing Myers.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
There is also the remote but possible scenario where they are talking trade with somebody.. Now i know Twitter is bad for rumors and sorts but a couple days ago there was some rumors about Jets and Dallas talking about Myers plus 13 plus prospect for pick 3.

I know it's more than likely BS but there is that possibility that a trade could be made.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There is also the remote but possible scenario where they are talking trade with somebody.. Now i know Twitter is bad for rumors and sorts but a couple days ago there was some rumors about Jets and Dallas talking about Myers plus 13 plus prospect for pick 3.

I know it's more than likely BS but there is that possibility that a trade could be made.

Interesting. I'd do Myers and 13 for Nemeth (Upgrade on Chariot on the bottom pairing) and the 3rd overall.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Interesting. I'd do Myers and 13 for Nemeth (Upgrade on Chariot on the bottom pairing) and the 3rd overall.

I'd probably do Myers and 13 for 3 straight up but yeah, if Dallas wants to shed a tiny bit of salary and help us improve our 3rd pair, Nemeth is ok with me.

Makes you wonder who the Jets would take at 3, i think it would come down to 2 players... Heiskanen who i think would be the smart choice or Glass, who i'd absolutely love to get.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

I'd prefer another pick coming back (maybe in 2018) than Nemeth. I think there are a lot of third pairing options, even if UFA. Hieskanen could be an option for that matter.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd probably do Myers and 13 for 3 straight up but yeah, if Dallas wants to shed a tiny bit of salary and help us improve our 3rd pair, Nemeth is ok with me.

Makes you wonder who the Jets would take at 3, i think it would come down to 2 players... Heiskanen who i think would be the smart choice or Glass, who i'd absolutely love to get.

Yeah I believe it would cone down to those two players as well barring a surprise in the first 2 picks.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Myers was born in Houston. He's a Texan!

What a marketing opportunity:sarcasm:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

McKenzie mentioned at least one scout had Makar at #1. So, can't discount him either.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
McKenzie mentioned at least one scout had Makar at #1. So, can't discount him either.

Last year, I think Dante Fabbro came out of tier 2 junior but had played with the U18 team ahead of the draft. Has Makar played with any contemporaries outside of the AJHL?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Last year, I think Dante Fabbro came out of tier 2 junior but had played with the U18 team ahead of the draft. Has Makar played with any contemporaries outside of the AJHL?

Yup. Penticton of the BCHL, same with Jost, Cholowski, who Detroit took with pick 20 last year was also a guy who played in the BCHL with Chilliwack. Based on the numbers for the 2 d men at least this past season in the NCAA, looks like they struggled a wee bit.

Don't really know what you got there do you if you don't see them play against better competition.

The 1 plus that Jost and Fabbro at least had was i believe they both played at the under 18's in North Dakota...Cholowski? not so sure he did.

Makar (how do you even pronounce that, is it like russian Ma KAR ov? without the ov? or what) but... he has not played with better competition.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014

IF we traded Myers + 13OA for 3OA I wonder if Glass would be the target. Winnipeg kid in the make of Scheifs. Have Scheifs, Glass, Roslo, Lowry long term down the middle would be pretty good. Maybe Little slots in somewhere and one of those guys are pushed to the wing...

I also wonder if the Jets don't see the LHD situation a bit differently then the fans. We have Morrissey on the top pair with Niku & Stanley in the pipeline already, Poolman that has experience playing on his off side and Enstrom, Melchiori and Chiarot in the mix.

If you toss another High End LHD prospect on the pile in 2 or 3 years suddenly the LHD is overflowing and you may wish we had another elite center to pair with Schief as Little declines or moves on at the end of his contract.

Personally I like the trade up to 3OA provided Trouba will stay.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Interesting to note, i was listening to CJOB yesterday morning, normally don't, just was in the car with my dad and yeah he likes to listen to it so there we go... but, Jets news came on, I was like oh that's odd, CJOB talking bout the Jets? wonder what this is about and it was somebody (not sure who, maybe kelly moore, maybe someone else, i'm really not sure) but they were talking about Enstrom and the possibility of him waiving his NMC and all that and the guy talking said he has heard strong rumors that suggest Enstrom wants to go back to Sweden soon, i wonder if this means a buyout is coming or if he finishes off his last year here and then heads back? They made it seem like it was pretty much a guarantee that he'd be back in Sweden playing hockey over there instead of here. I wonder if He is a buyout candidate... and i wonder if they move up to 3 and take Heiskanen, is he NHL ready? Could he play with Buff?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Interesting to note, i was listening to CJOB yesterday morning, normally don't, just was in the car with my dad and yeah he likes to listen to it so there we go... but, Jets news came on, I was like oh that's odd, CJOB talking bout the Jets? wonder what this is about and it was somebody (not sure who, maybe kelly moore, maybe someone else, i'm really not sure) but they were talking about Enstrom and the possibility of him waiving his NMC and all that and the guy talking said he has heard strong rumors that suggest Enstrom wants to go back to Sweden soon, i wonder if this means a buyout is coming or if he finishes off his last year here and then heads back? They made it seem like it was pretty much a guarantee that he'd be back in Sweden playing hockey over there instead of here. I wonder if He is a buyout candidate... and i wonder if they move up to 3 and take Heiskanen, is he NHL ready? Could he play with Buff?

You really think a team that's biggest weakness is at D is going to pay one of its only 4 good Dmen to not play for them? Cmon man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad