Speculation: Expansion Draft - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
If Myers wasn't already here and we acquired him by sending the other team Dano and a 2nd for him - what would be the consensus view on that deal with Myers coming off an 11 game season?

For me it's pretty even.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Myers wasn't already here and we acquired him by sending the other team Dano and a 2nd for him - what would be the consensus view on that deal with Myers coming off an 11 game season?

Depends on what the medical reports on Myers look like, but nobody's shown them to me...

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Some are speculating that maybe Enstrom agreed to waive and the Jets worked something out with Vegas so they select Dano (or someone else) instead. But if that is the case, couldn't the Jets work out a deal so Vegas doesn't take Myers instead? This way you don't even ask Toby to waive and there is no awkwardness or hard feelings.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Some are speculating that maybe Enstrom agreed to waive and the Jets worked something out with Vegas so they select Dano (or someone else) instead. But if that is the case, couldn't the Jets work out a deal so Vegas doesn't take Myers instead? This way you don't even ask Toby to waive and there is no awkwardness or hard feelings.

It's likely cheaper asset wise to get Vegas to pass on Toby vs. Myers. I also don't believe Vegas would have any interest in Toby whereas they would likely have a lot in Myers. I don't see why it would be awkward for either party if management sat down with him and explained their though process.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I think Vegas would have a harder time passing on Myers than on Enstrom, to be honest.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Does anyone know what the current injury status of Tyler Myers is? If I recall correctly he was supposed to play in the World's but he didn't. If his injury is chronic, that can complicate things.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Does anyone know what the current injury status of Tyler Myers is? If I recall correctly he was supposed to play in the World's but he didn't. If his injury is chronic, that can complicate things.

If I were the Jets I'd either want Myers to have a really good, healthy season leading up to the expansion draft--didn't happen--or not play at all.

That said, in Cheveldayoff's interview with LeBrun, the former suggested that Myers was still rehabbing. Either that's some decent expansion draft gamesmanship or eek.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
If I were the Jets I'd either want Myers to have a really good, healthy season leading up to the expansion draft--didn't happen--or not play at all.

That said, in Cheveldayoff's interview with LeBrun, the former suggested that Myers was still rehabbing. Either that's some decent expansion draft gamesmanship or eek.

From the day they announced Myers was having surgery, I think there has been a bunch of curious comments from the Jets. Just trying to add to the mystique around his injury I think, in case they have to expose him.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

I think reliability of health is the biggest issue with Myers. Myers has a history of injuries and I would think this will only get worse with age.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This mock has Vegas selecting Dano even with Myers exposed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...-vegas-golden-knights/?utm_term=.ed7a9c2378e7

Winnipeg Jets
THE PICK
Forward Marko Dano, 22
Contract: $850,000 through 2018

PROTECTED LIST (7-3-1)
Forwards: Mark Scheifele, Blake Wheeler, Bryan Little, Mathieu Perreault, Adam Lowry, Joel Armia, Andrew Copp Defense: Dustin Byfuglien (NMC), Toby Enstrom (NMC), Jacob Trouba Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck

Enstrom’s no-move clause could create problems or Winnipeg trying to protect right-shot defenseman Tyler Myers. But with Myers having three surgeries in just the last year and playing in 11 games, the speedy Dano was a more attractive selection for us, especially considering the low cap hit through next season.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
This mock has Vegas selecting Dano even with Myers exposed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...-vegas-golden-knights/?utm_term=.ed7a9c2378e7

Winnipeg Jets
THE PICK
Forward Marko Dano, 22
Contract: $850,000 through 2018

PROTECTED LIST (7-3-1)
Forwards: Mark Scheifele, Blake Wheeler, Bryan Little, Mathieu Perreault, Adam Lowry, Joel Armia, Andrew Copp Defense: Dustin Byfuglien (NMC), Toby Enstrom (NMC), Jacob Trouba Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck

Enstrom’s no-move clause could create problems or Winnipeg trying to protect right-shot defenseman Tyler Myers. But with Myers having three surgeries in just the last year and playing in 11 games, the speedy Dano was a more attractive selection for us, especially considering the low cap hit through next season.

The speedy Marko Dano haha

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm starting to think this will be like the trade deadline. A lot of hype but the actual results and transactions leading up to, during and after will fall well short of the hype.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm starting to think this will be like the trade deadline. A lot of hype but the actual results and transactions leading up to, during and after will fall well short of the hype.

Bryan Lawton has the over/under on trades not involving Vegas at 7.

There's been one so far. Graovac to Washington

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
and a second

wonder if they want French and Myers....do they have any prospects left? How good is Beaulieu?

Montreal just traded their best piece. There defense is going to be awful moving forward.

Beaulieu is an ok bottom pairing puck mover.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I know that Drouin had proven more at the NHL level, but is that pick swap the first indication that the Penguins' recent cup with a terrible defence is acting as a market correction on D prices, as some have been predicting?

(What are the conditions, anyway? Signing-based?)

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I hear Pitt is looking to toughen up for next year...maybe they're like Jets fans and think Lowry is God's gift and would trade Maata for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad