Contract Termination: Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Im gonna guess he finish the year in the KHL

next summer he gets a one last chance type deal like Deangelo.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Dudes a first line power forward, you just need to give him his own closet as a locker and keep him away from the team off the ice.
The comparison is to getting incredible on ice production for a tiny AAV. That’s it and I stand by it 100%. I think a team that signs Kane for the balance of this season could get a similar result with tiny AAV and cap hit for many goals and assists.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I may be giving his thought process far too much credit (any credit at all might be too much), but doesn't this potentially benefit him financially in the long-run? Wasn't the reason he couldn't discharge his debts via bankruptcy due to his Sharks contract? If that is terminated, does that present the possibility of the remaining debt being discharged and, 6 months to a year down the line when a team offers him a new contract, he'll be making money that won't be stripped away to his creditors any longer? I recognize I may (or am even likely to) be misunderstanding the ramifications of bankruptcy or the type of bankruptcy he declared.

I would HOPE that there is NO LENIENCY for him in regards to breaching health and safety protocols and by doing that him NOT having to pay back previous debts because of it...but who knows!?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It must be something pretty bad, considering they didn't try to terminate the first time he violated protocols

Its possible San Jose knows it’s a coin flip as to whether Kane wins a challenge against it by they simply don’t care. They just want him out and if they end up having to pay him in the end then so be it

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Kane doesn't have that kind of pull. More likely Evander Kane vs Antonio Brown Celebrity Boxing on VH1 Classics.

Dumb and Dumber

ko-fight.gif

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
A fool and his money are soon parted. He ruined his perfect life so easily. I want to say I'd been shocked or surprised if someone picks him up on a minimum deal, but I've seen NHL teams do worse.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm curious if he even wants to fight it, given that probably 90% of his earnings would likely just be going to pay his debts. It probably isn't too motivating to do the constant work of pro hockey without getting the fat stacks.

If he declares full on bankruptcy after this, he might be able to get out from paying most of what he owes, then the second he is clear of that goes to play in the KHL. Or in the meantime try to get a payday by doing the Jake Paul fight.

Honestly who knows at this point

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Sharks management looks very smart at this point. They put him in the minors knowing he couldn't follow the rules forever, then when he doesn't, they have cause to terminate and get out of that contract with no strings. Good job Sharks.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Its possible San Jose knows it’s a coin flip as to whether Kane wins a challenge against it by they simply don’t care. They just want him out and if they end up having to pay him in the end then so be it
Doesn’t bankruptcy court end up taking everything anyway if he wins

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
I like the odds that he'll sign for cheap with some team, to the chagrin of a portion of that fanbase, and that team will be very happy with the results, at least in the short-term.

EDIT: Maybe not.

Why do I think he did this on purpose to get them to terminate and get away from creditors?

Reactions: DaveG and ratbid

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd be surprised if violating AHL protocols is considered a sufficient breach of contract to allow the Sharks to unilaterally terminate, but, uh, I guess we'll see what the NHL says (if anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad