Contract Termination: Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This guy was a very good player last season. I understand his practice habits suck, that he’s a POS off the ice, that teammates don’t like him for several reasons. But on the ice, he’s big, fast, strong, high skill level, big shot and he hits. He’s a legit and rare power forward type. Someone is going to sign this guy and if he plays focused, they could get a Tony DeAngelo outcome.

I really doubt Carolina is regretting signing DeAngelo. He’s been extremely productive for them at his tiny cap hit.

I’d support the Avs signing him for $1mm to finish out this season.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
The Sharks were going to find any way to get out of the contract and Kane probably knew that. I wonder which covid protocol he broke?

I was wondering if he did this on purpose because the bankruptcy. He can go broke now and sign new contract and start from zero?

Not familiar enough with the bankruptcy laws in US, but it would make sense.

Reactions: DaveG

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Who knows where he ends up now. No NHL team wants him at this point.

My guess is somewhere in Europe, maybe KHL.

Whether or not he's in or out of the NHL, this won't be the last we hear from him.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This guy was a very good player last season. I understand his practice habits suck, that he’s a POS off the ice, that teammates don’t like him for several reasons. But on the ice. He’s big, fast, strong, high skill level, big shot and he hits. Someone is going to sign this guy and if he plays focused, they could get a DeAnglo outcome. Because I really doubt Carolina is regretting signing DeAngelo. He’s been extremely productive for them at his tiny cap hit.
Except Deangelo was only a prick and has caused some problems in the locker room. That’s just where it STARTS for Kane. Add his gambling addiction, all the trouble and garbage shit he does with and to women, to him FORGING his vaccine info and sounding like he did it AGAIN.

Comparing him to Deangelo is ridiculous.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
This guy was a very good player last season. I understand his practice habits suck, that he’s a POS off the ice, that teammates don’t like him for several reasons. But on the ice, he’s big, fast, strong, high skill level, big shot and he hits. He’s a legit and rare power forward type. Someone is going to sign this guy and if he plays focused, they could get a Tony DeAngelo outcome.

I really doubt Carolina is regretting signing DeAngelo. He’s been extremely productive for them at his tiny cap hit.
Dudes a first line power forward, you just need to give him his own closet as a locker and keep him away from the team off the ice.

Reactions: axlrose87

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Only Evander would be smart enough to f*** up and have 22.885m taken from him! Guy is a disaster and will have a real hard time paying off his debts now...

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Nothing clear cut about this.

"COVID protocols"? You mean the rules that change pretty much every second second, and are different for each team at different times?

Sharks have to feel confident about the move to go forward with it though.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I highly doubt that is grounds enough to terminate it. They’ll likely be freed from the contract but he’ll still get paid

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Only Evander would be smart enough to f*** up and have 22.885m taken from him! Guy is a disaster and will have a real hard time paying off his debts now...
I may be giving his thought process far too much credit (any credit at all might be too much), but doesn't this potentially benefit him financially in the long-run? Wasn't the reason he couldn't discharge his debts via bankruptcy due to his Sharks contract? If that is terminated, does that present the possibility of the remaining debt being discharged and, 6 months to a year down the line when a team offers him a new contract, he'll be making money that won't be stripped away to his creditors any longer? I recognize I may (or am even likely to) be misunderstanding the ramifications of bankruptcy or the type of bankruptcy he declared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad