Speculation: Evander Kane Megathread - Under termination appeal, NHL investigation, & looking for a new contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'm not sure the Oilers culture needs Kane. I see the temptation but they should not be gambling right now.

My great fear is he signs with the Bruins for peanuts and then gets Bruinized and hits a new level.

He'd actually fit on the Leafs on paper but again I'm not sure our culture could handle him.

Very polarizing player but also a potential windfall for the right team. Still a lot of story to see.

Reactions: lawrence and ylekot

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Whats wrong with the Oilers organization?

Im seriously cringing with how things are ran over there.

Signing Evander Kane?

Off- ice issues aside,

Dude hasnt played hockey in how many months??

Why bring him in and provide more gasoline to the media and fanbase to an already tire fire season.

It just seems like this organization continues to sabotage themselves.

He hasn't played in about a month.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Whats wrong with the Oilers organization?

Im seriously cringing with how things are ran over there.

Signing Evander Kane?

Off- ice issues aside,

Dude hasnt played hockey in how many months??

Why bring him in and provide more gasoline to the media and fanbase to an already tire fire season.

It just seems like this organization continues to sabotage themselves.
If the deal is as rumored, 1 year at low cap hit,

Then both your issues are nullified

If hes bad, for any reason, bury him

If he's great, keep him for cheap

Reactions: fresh meat

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If the deal is as rumored, 1 year at low cap hit,

Then both your issues are nullified

If hes bad, for any reason, bury him

If he's great, keep him for cheap

Yep. People can't seem to grasp he is signing for 4-5 months.

In all.of his previous teams, first few months hasn't been bad.

First sign of trouble or he sucks, he's out of the dressing room and walks July 1.

Literally 0 risk for the Oilers.

But hey some people will still push the narrative that Kane doing something stupid will instantly emotionally scare the Oilers and they will need therapy sessions thereafter

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

First sign of trouble or he sucks, he's out of the dressing room and walks July 1.

But hey some people will still push the narrative that Kane doing something stupid will instantly emotionally scare the Oilers and they will need therapy sessions thereafter

Our team is in an epic freefall right now, we need all the help we can get and Kane can bring some help on the cheap.

Reactions: Jetsfan79

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009

Because Holland is so famous for letting go of players that don't work out.

Reactions: Helistin

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Wonder if EDM is his only option? Kane's best interest would be to join a TB, COL or FLA league minimum. Pump up his offensive numbers and repair his image.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Buffalo fans “ he learned his lesson, no worries going forward”
Shark fans “ no worries we have strong leadership he won’t be a problem”
Oilers fans “ we can bury him at the first sign of problems”
I am seeing a pattern with this POS!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If I'm Kane and Ken Holland is bending over backwards to sign me.

I ask for 8M. Edmonton needs him way more than he needs Edmonton. He's literally the only hope for the team.. which is sad.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015

I ask for 8M. Edmonton needs him way more than he needs Edmonton. He's literally the only hope for the team.. which is sad.

Which means Edmonton needs to jettison 7 million in salary.

Reactions: Wretched Oil

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps are now interested in Kane too and are considering signing him. No contract has been offered yet.

- Sources are Novacapsfans.com and RMNB.com

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Our team is in an epic freefall right now, we need all the help we can get and Kane can bring some help on the cheap.

Have you considered the possibility of him making the oilers even worst ? Even as a Canuck follower who also in a (we need whatever help we can get) mode) don’t even want him. It’s beyond Low risk and bury him in the minors if things don’t work out. He just has no respect for anyone or even his team when we thought he can provide a fake vaccine card to his team.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

Then he doesn't get a contract?

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
Lmao

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1642956400404.jpg
    FB_IMG_1642956400404.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 24

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Have you considered the possibility of him making the oilers even worst ? Even as a Canuck follower who also in a (we need whatever help we can get) mode) don’t even want him. It’s beyond Low risk and bury him in the minors if things don’t work out. He just has no respect for anyone or even his team when we thought he can provide a fake vaccine card to his team.

That would be pretty hard to do unless he walks in and fights McDavid or Draisaitl in practice and injures them. He is in a situation that he needs to provide for his family and this could well be his last chance to play in the NHL if he bungles it. A 1 year deal means that if he comes in and becomes a major issue that he can be waived and we aren't losing much.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Feels like there would be a lot of steps between "thinking about Kane" and "signing Kane." This is a guy you would have to vet, and probably talk to your players and coaching staff about. The risk of locker room turmoil seems pretty real.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Don’t kid yourselves. A power forward coming off a productive season that will be had for a 1 year term and zero asset cost will continue to get chances. All the stuff around him will keep his future contracts down, but he’s not going to banished to Russia any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad