Speculation: Evander Kane Megathread - Under termination appeal, NHL investigation, & looking for a new contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah Klefbom's chances of playing this season are slim, and Archibald has been on since opening day, but I wasn't sure how much space they'd used/had leftover so I just checked on CapFriendly.
Looks like Smith was LTIRd just two days ago
Klefboms chances of playing this season are zero. he isn't even in the country or skating.
His chances of ever playing hockey at any paid level is slim.

Reactions: GreeningOil

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Foegele-McLeod-Yamamoto
Shore-Ryan-Kassian

Nurse-Bouchard
Keith-Ceci
Lagesson-Russell

Smith-Koskinen

Hard to fathom this being playoff worthy.

That's why I'm skeptical about Kane's effect on the team. He's certainly a capable player but this is a "band aid on a bullet wound" scenario.

I have to really question your guys' view on the Oilers. I think your hostility to the franchise is clouding your judgement.

The Oilers play in a pretty weak division. Even after their terrible slump they are 10-2 vs. Pacific teams. They are just outside of the playoffs, true. But they have five games in hand over the Sharks and the Kings and are four points and six points back of each, respectively.

Hell, they have seven games in hand against the 2nd place ducks and just eight points back.

The west is wide open so I see the Oilers making the playoffs if they make hay while the sun shines. The last two wins, vs. Pacific division opponents (Flames + Canucks) sure don't hurt.

Also, what is "playoff worthy"? Do we as fans decide who is worthy? It is wins and losses last time I checked.

Oilers make the playoffs. You can book it.

What they do once they are there? Well, that is another conversation.

Reactions: JarvisFunk

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have to really question your guys' view on the Oilers. I think your hostility to the franchise is clouding your judgement.

The Oilers play in a pretty weak division. Even after their terrible slump they are 10-2 vs. Pacific teams. They are just outside of the playoffs, true. But they have five games in hand over the Sharks and the Kings and are four points and six points back of each, respectively.

Hell, they have seven games in hand against the 2nd place ducks and just eight points back.

The west is wide open so I see the Oilers making the playoffs if they make hay while the sun shines. The last two wins, vs. Pacific division opponents (Flames + Canucks) sure don't hurt.

Also, what is "playoff worthy"? Do we as fans decide who is worthy? It is wins and losses last time I checked.

Oilers make the playoffs. You can book it.

What they do once they are there? Well, that is another conversation.

What "hostility" do I have? Because McDavid is now the best player in hockey when Crosby used to be?

I'm calling a spade a spade. Trying to diminish that as "you're just hostile towards the team!" is laughable.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
What "hostility" do I have? Because McDavid is now the best player in hockey when Crosby used to be?

I'm calling a spade a spade. Trying to diminish that as "you're just hostile towards the team!" is laughable.
Well for one your are looking at points and comparing them with teams that they have played 5 and 7 fewer games than. That just isn't even objective whatsoever

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Take the current roster and insert Evander Kane into it

alonzo-mourning-gary-payton.gif

Reactions: uncleben

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I think I quite clearly demonstrated why I think you're wrong. I backed up my belief the Oilers are likely to make the playoffs with some facts. I don't find any of that laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad