Speculation: Evander Kane Megathread - Under termination appeal, NHL investigation, & looking for a new contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Not a volatile temperament - volatile on the ice. They have the two best players in the league but still seem to exist in a permanent malaise.

It’s easy to see why when you look at their bottom 6, D core and goaltending. The team has been completely mismanaged since 2007.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Didn’t realize they were all still on LTIR… yeah, they’re good then
Yeah Klefbom's chances of playing this season are slim, and Archibald has been on since opening day, but I wasn't sure how much space they'd used/had leftover so I just checked on CapFriendly.
Looks like Smith was LTIRd just two days ago

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Yeah Klefbom's chances of playing this season are slim, and Archibald has been on since opening day, but I wasn't sure how much space they'd used/had leftover so I just checked on CapFriendly.
Looks like Smith was LTIRd just two days ago
I usually check there, but decided I was to lazy to tap the link…. sad I know, but true…. Lol

Reactions: uncleben

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Have fun with that headcase, Edmonton. Hopefully Holland brings in a goalie or you’ll be another one and done playoff team

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton fans probably know this better, but I've understood he might not play ever again because of those injury issues.
We haven't heard much lately, but really even if 100% healthy it didn't sound like he'd come back right away. He wants to be able to make sure his day to day life itself won't cause any issues.

He really spent more time talking about how he wants to be able to play with his kids, pick them up etc... Seems like his first focus was making sure he can be a family man without feeling like he's twice his age.

Reactions: Kahvi

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Depends on if he plays with McDavid or Draisaitl, and if they decide to slide Nuge to 3C or not.
Seems like there are a lot of options. Just looking at tonight's lineup makes you wonder if you can still keep RNH at LW and run McLeod between Hyman and someone.

Or they going to run Nuge as 3c with Mcleod as 4c or even McLeod as a LW.

Really going to have to watch today and see if Foegele can play top 6 and if Hyman/McLeod have some chemistry. Could give Tippett a lot of potential options going forward.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
What would the Oilers lineup look like with Kane?
Most likely lineup scenario:

kane McDavid Yamamoto
Hyman Draisaitl Pulujarvi
McLeod RNH Foegele
Benson Ryan Sceviour

* Forgot Kassian is back as well. He may slot in on the 4th or completely the opposite replacing Yams down

Holloway will most likely come up at the end of February/March

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad