Speculation: Evander Kane Megathread - Under termination appeal, NHL investigation, & looking for a new contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Oilers' top-9 suddenly has a lot of options if Kane is signed.

I'm expecting Tippett to put him on a line with Draisaitl and McDavid, though.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Fool me 20 times.
It’s obvious if you have talent you’ll have a spot on any team. Antonio Brown is a much worse case of this in the NFL, and he likely gets another contract this offseason. Edmonton just can’t make the mistake San Jose did and think after a half season that you’ve changed him and sign him to term. Use him to get to the playoffs and absolutely under no circumstances do you give him a multi year deal

Reactions: GOilers88

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
It’s obvious if you have talent you’ll have a spot on any team. Antonio Brown is a much worse case of this in the NFL, and he likely gets another contract this offseason. Edmonton just can’t make the mistake San Jose did and think after a half season that you’ve changed him and sign him to term. Use him to get to the playoffs and absolutely under no circumstances do you give him a multi year deal

if he performs like he can and takes them deep into the playoffs, he's getting paid and that multi is coming

Reactions: Alwalys

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Call me crazy but I don't see Kane as any kind of stabilizing force for a team as volatile as the Oilers.
I dont think adding a top 6 winger for no assets hurts their on ice volatility.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
For the love of god sign with Edmonton, been holding him in my fantasy pool for 2 darn weeks.

Terrible for hockey yes, but I've lost two weeks in a row can't be losing a third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad