Speculation: Evander Kane Megathread - Under termination appeal, NHL investigation, & looking for a new contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
This "investigation of nothing" and changed rules all over again week to week month to month is taking so long............................... Its all bout that paper and every bit of seconds is off Kane's edm salary.... let the man have some paper again already. I mean what is this????
The NHL doing their due diligence before letting a selfish individual with no regard for any rules or regulations back in the league.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Wherever he ends up I think he plays well and causes no trouble to try and maximize a contract somewhere next summer.

Any team making a playoff run could fit him in for a million. I don't see the risk for any top team to take him for 4 months then let him walk in the summer when he is looking for more cash or term. He's not gonna go in there and cause a havoc, even Kane cant be that stupid.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
The PA is grieving the termination but there's no way the result will be keeping the contract. The only possible results are the termination being upheld or that the team pays out damages that will turn into a cap hit for the Sharks.
I think it’s a Mike Richards type scenario, team quietly gets out form contract, player gets a fresh start, $ are settled behind close doors. I’m sure the Sharks will gladly settle in that they pay out his deal without the cap hit

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Any cap hit for the Sharks aligns with the cash paid out.

Kane's contract was also front loaded by $2 million. I am not sure how that will be accounted for.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Wherever he ends up I think he plays well and causes no trouble to try and maximize a contract somewhere next summer.

Any team making a playoff run could fit him in for a million. I don't see the risk for any top team to take him for 4 months then let him walk in the summer when he is looking for more cash or term. He's not gonna go in there and cause a havoc, even Kane cant be that stupid.
After his gambling thing, I thought he would lay low and keep things chill. Then he faked the vaccine, divorced, held a gun at his wife and broke AHL rules. Kane doesnt seem to learn

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Any cap hit for the Sharks aligns with the cash paid out.

Kane's contract was also front loaded by $2 million. I am not sure how that will be accounted for.

The front loaded part won't matter. But yes, whatever is paid out will be on the Sharks cap. They can spread it out to whatever length would be agreed upon. I'm expecting it to be around a mil over however many years, roughly eight years?

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
the duration I expect to be either nominal for a large number of years like the Kings did or to have the bulk of it in any rebuild years. Cap won't mean that much in rebuild years. As a Sharks fan, you will have the better idea of when the Sharks will nead that cap space.

Since I expect this to be a settlement, it can be structured however the parties want, so it's all guessing at this point.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
the duration I expect to be either nominal for a large number of years like the Kings did or to have the bulk of it in any rebuild years. Cap won't mean that much in rebuild years. As a Sharks fan, you will have the better idea of when the Sharks will nead that cap space.

Since I expect this to be a settlement, it can be structured however the parties want, so it's all guessing at this point.
In these situations they should have minimum payment that looks like the Richards settlement, but also be allowed to pay extra if they wanted to, taking years off. It could even be as much as whatever cap space they have left over at the end of season, even the day before the next contract period.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
It sounds like you are suggesting that the payments in any one year are not set in stone. I would think it has to be fixed and established what the payments are in each year as of the settlement date.

I agree that regarding settlements, there is a lot of wiggle room to structure it advantageously. Perhaps the next CBA can address it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Two key areas where the Oilers are lacking are Goaltending and Leadership. What's the solution? A divisive forward of ill-repute who's character issues and poor decisions landed him in legal trouble and persona non-grata status. He's perfect for the Oilers! ;)

#Oilerlogic!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Two key areas where the Oilers are lacking are Goaltending and Leadership. What's the solution? A divisive forward of ill-repute who's character issues and poor decisions landed him in legal trouble and persona non-grata status. He's perfect for the Oilers! ;)

#Oilerlogic!
I feel like Holland still thinks he's the GM of the late-90s Wings, with leadership for days and days.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I dont belive that E Kane is worried for their daughter, its tactical. If you coukd provake that your wife is psychology unstable, you have won.
I dont think she is.

E Kane is a sportstar, thats why he get justice on his side.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008

#Oilerlogic!

Are you saying you wouldn't bring in a proven goal-scorer costing zero assets? Weird.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Are you saying you wouldn't bring in a proven goal-scorer costing zero assets? Weird.
Nope, not one with the baggage of Evander Kane and particularly on a team as fragile as the Oilers. There is a reason the Sharks players stood up and said NO to Kane in the lockerroom - that is unprecedented!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nope, not one with the baggage of Evander Kane and particularly on a team as fragile as the Oilers. There is a reason the Sharks players stood up and said NO to Kane in the lockerroom - that is unprecedented!

Well, there's a bit of a precedent... but it's with Kane and the Jets.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Whats wrong with the Oilers organization?

Im seriously cringing with how things are ran over there.

Signing Evander Kane?

Off- ice issues aside,

Dude hasnt played hockey in how many months??

Why bring him in and provide more gasoline to the media and fanbase to an already tire fire season.

It just seems like this organization continues to sabotage themselves.

Reactions: lawrence
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad