Speculation: Evander Kane Megathread - Under termination appeal, NHL investigation, & looking for a new contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I don’t think there’s any reason to doubt the investigation delayed the signing. Nor do I think the NHL investigation should be lengthy. On the other hand, the government investigations could take forever.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
In Edmonton, with 2 authoritative super talents, he probably wouldn't be a problem.

He will always have stories in his private life but nothing really serious.

Reactions: bucks_oil

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
In Edmonton, with 2 authoritative super talents, he probably wouldn't be a problem.

That's the hope... with McDavid, Draisaitl unquestionably among the best players of their generation and far and away the best players on the team, Kane will be deferring... add in Nurse, where there good be sparks, but my guess is will be a good controlling influence (or tune him up in practice) and you have a situation where he might settle in among the pack. Male, alpha, blah, blah, blah... we actually do moderate ourselves that way when it comes to sport.

Maybe he can be the reclamaition project that helps that leadership group grow up.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
That's the hope... with McDavid, Draisaitl unquestionably among the best players of their generation and far and away the best players on the team, Kane will be deferring... add in Nurse, where there good be sparks, but my guess is will be a good controlling influence (or tune him up in practice) and you have a situation where he might settle in among the pack. Male, alpha, blah, blah, blah... we actually do moderate ourselves that way when it comes to sport.

Maybe he can be the reclamaition project that helps that leadership group grow up.

You mean if uncle Gary decides it's OK.

Reactions: bucks_oil

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
??? They can? Like?

Given CBSA used to have a restriction against my uncle that made it so he could not go into the sates, and all it was was for having Pot on him as a 20 year old. I imagine travelling while positive could carry some sort of restriction. Just trying to think why else teams are waiting here.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I'm no lawyer, but if the NHL goes through and decides none of this stuff deserves further penalties, does that sort of give Kane a leg to stand on to go back at the Sharks?

Would really come down to the details in the Contract and if Kane can point at others on the Sharks violating the Covid rules and not getting anything. Richards was the last big name guy that had his contract terminated. I figure that when teams go down this route they have done their due diligence but then i remember the blackhawks exist so who knows

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Would really come down to the details in the Contract and if Kane can point at others on the Sharks violating the Covid rules and not getting anything. Richards was the last big name guy that had his contract terminated. I figure that when teams go down this route they have done their due diligence but then i remember the blackhawks exist so who knows
SJ and LA were both looking for any way out of those contracts. Any small crack and they took a swing. LA, didn’t get off Scott free as they having been eating a dead cap charge though it appears lower than a buyout penalty.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
SJ and LA were both looking for any way out of those contracts. Any small crack and they took a swing. LA, didn’t get off Scott free as they having been eating a dead cap charge though it appears lower than a buyout penalty.

Both teams definitely had an incentive

For LA it was more cut and dry since it involved drugs

Covid here is going to be more of a grey area and if kane can point out other players in the nhl/ahl that were violating the rules 'like him' then this gets bad fast for the sharks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

I don't think Kane would give a shit about McD or Drai's authority. Nurse on the other hand would keep him in check.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I don't think Kane would give a shit about McD or Drai's authority. Nurse on the other hand would keep him in check.

I don't think you understand the concept of being authoritative.

There are guys who definitely impose themselves. Kane can't face McDavid.

When you're the best player in the world by far, everyone respects you and looks down on you.

Due to his talent McDavid has more authority than Nurse. Kane won't listen to Nurse because he's black.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't think you understand the concept of being authoritative.

There are guys who definitely impose themselves. Kane can't face McDavid.

When you're the best player in the world by far, everyone respects you and looks down on you.

Due to his talent McDavid has more authority than Nurse. Kane won't listen to Nurse because he's black.
I just posted in 'Is McDavid a bad captain' thread.
You are wrong if you think everyone respects the most talented player on your team. There is a lot more needed to be a leader than scoring points. Nurse would have been a much better captain on Oilers and commands more respect. (nothing to do with his color) McDavid is an extremely skilled but a quiet player forced into a leadership role when he was still a teenager.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I just posted in 'Is McDavid a bad captain' thread.
You are wrong if you think everyone respects the most talented player on your team. There is a lot more needed to be a leader than scoring points. Nurse would have been a much better captain on Oilers and commands more respect. (nothing to do with his color) McDavid is an extremely skilled but a quiet player forced into a leadership role when he was still a teenager.

I don't know how you can measure anything you say so you're just in the locker room and you have no idea who has the most influence.

Let's say Nurse has the charisma you attribute to him. Erik Karlsson and Brent Burns were not enough.

When you play with the best player in the world, you respect him. That's how it happened with Messi, Zidane... players who spoke very little in the locker room at 25. But their talent was enough to be authoritative.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
If you think Kane is afraid of Nurse you should check his NHL fight card and guys on the teams he has played with in the past (Big Buff)and see that you are mistaken.

Reactions: Groo

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't know how you can measure anything you say so you're just in the locker room and you have no idea who has the most influence.

Let's say Nurse has the charisma you attribute to him. Erik Karlsson and Brent Burns were not enough.

When you play with the best player in the world, you respect him. That's how it happened with Messi, Zidane... players who spoke very little in the locker room at 25. But their talent was enough to be authoritative.

Good examples. McDavid is more like prime Karlsson where Nurse is similar to Burns\Byfuglien. Being the most skilled does not mean being the best leader as Burns\Buff were not as skilled but better leaders than Karlsson.

If you think Kane is afraid of Nurse you should check his NHL fight card and guys on the teams he has played with in the past (Big Buff)and see that you are mistaken.
Commanding respect has nothing to do with being scared of or winning a NHL fight. McDavid's skill is respected for sure but leadership is another thing. Oilers coming out flat every game and playing 40mins of hockey per night is as much as leadership as its coaching and goaltending.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Both teams definitely had an incentive

For LA it was more cut and dry since it involved drugs

Covid here is going to be more of a grey area and if kane can point out other players in the nhl/ahl that were violating the rules 'like him' then this gets bad fast for the sharks

It's not just COVID here. Kane also didn't report to the team for over a week.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Good examples. McDavid is more like prime Karlsson where Nurse is similar to Burns\Byfuglien. Being the most skilled does not mean being the best leader as Burns\Buff were not as skilled but better leaders than Karlsson.

Commanding respect has nothing to do with being scared of or winning a NHL fight. McDavid's skill is respected for sure but leadership is another thing. Oilers coming out flat every game and playing 40mins of hockey per night is as much as leadership as its coaching and goaltending.

As already said, I have absolutely no idea how you come to measure the leadership of McDavid and Nurse.

Before Nurse, I would have been talking about Duncan Keith anyway.

Edmonton loses because there is no GK1 and because except for McDavid-Draisaitl, the offense is very weak. Without McDavid, the team crumbles. Perhaps (if that is really the problem) what Evander Kane lacks is a self-respecting guy who is unquestionably ahead of him.

For Kane Nurse he is a guy who is 4 years younger than him and not better than him. He's seen dozens of guys like him in his career.

Messi, Brady, Federer are guys who respect each other because of their talent. In the hockey world, McDavid is that player. McDavid, no one is going to disrespect him for sure. Because he's the best player in the world.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
As already said, I have absolutely no idea how you come to measure the leadership of McDavid and Nurse.

Before Nurse, I would have been talking about Duncan Keith anyway.

Edmonton loses because there is no GK1 and because except for McDavid-Draisaitl, the offense is very weak. Without McDavid, the team crumbles. Perhaps (if that is really the problem) what Evander Kane lacks is a self-respecting guy who is unquestionably ahead of him.

For Kane Nurse he is a guy who is 4 years younger than him and not better than him. He's seen dozens of guys like him in his career.

Messi, Brady, Federer are guys who respect each other because of their talent. In the hockey world, McDavid is that player. McDavid, no one is going to disrespect him for sure. Because he's the best player in the world.

Bolded applies to you as well. We are all speculating here. I think and hopefully you agree that asking a player on air 'why are you so pissy' can be considered disrespect. Chances of a senile reported asking this to Drai or McDavid is higher than him asking Nurse or Keith even if they arent the top 5 players in the world. Lets see how this captain comes out and backs his player against this media assault. He should have commented on it already.

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
Can the NHL please end this bogus investigation ASAP so Kane can start winning me some fantasy matchups?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Bolded applies to you as well. We are all speculating here. I think and hopefully you agree that asking a player on air 'why are you so pissy' can be considered disrespect. Chances of a senile reported asking this to Drai or McDavid is higher than him asking Nurse or Keith even if they arent the top 5 players in the world. Lets see how this captain comes out and backs his player against this media assault. He should have commented on it already.

I am very surprised by the charisma and the authority that you lend to Nurse.

McDavid is far more talented than him. That's a certainty. Draisaitl too.

You have a lot of prejudices. In any case, if you think McDavid will be disrespected by Kane, you must logically think that Kane has no business in Edmonton. I don't see how Nurse would change the situation, when Brent Burns with 10 years older didn't have an impact on this stuff.

buyinnow

Mar 7, 2010
How not? Would you be happy giving 100% in your job if your employer made it abundantly clear to you that the company would be better off without you in it?
His paycheck clearing is relevant. Employers feelings about him irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad