LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Whoever signs him will be getting a steal. He was the Sharks best forward last year and brings good physicality.
Sign me up for a cheap 1 year deal.

Don’t like him as a person but he’s paid to play hockey at the end of the day. His story wouldn’t have gotten nearly as much attention in NBA or NFL.
Definitely sire. He was clearly the best reg.season player there. This will be a beautiful redemption song.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
A large portion of hid Debt was tied directly to his previous contract meaning he no longer owes it (I believe this was talked about in the other Kane thread).

As for his contract. He is trying to prove himself/revitalize his career. No ones going to give him any time of day if he comes out of the gates being greedy
The point I was making is that if he has multiple bidders he will get more than minimum salary. As for his debt, there will surely be plenty of lawsuits fighting for every dollar he makes from here on out, it doesn't die with his previous contract.

If you take a loan out against your house and then you burn your house down that debt doesn't just disappear.

Last edited:

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
It does if you declare bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy is a complicated process. I know a guy who went through it, they took all of his assets and he had to make payments for years. It's not a get out of jail free card.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Whoever signs him will be getting a steal. He was the Sharks best forward last year and brings good physicality.
Sign me up for a cheap 1 year deal.

Don’t like him as a person but he’s paid to play hockey at the end of the day. His story wouldn’t have gotten nearly as much attention in NBA or NFL.
Fools gold. Kane is 30, incredibly talented and is being forced off another team,yet again. I'm hoping he signs with your team because it means they're less of a threat. This guy is a cancer. Wtf are some people not getting here?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Bankruptcy is a complicated process. I know a guy who went through it, they took all of his assets and he had to make payments for years. It's not a get out of jail free card.
not in canada . you'll make payments for 9 months . they don't take all your assets either . and the 7 yrs till you can get credit is horseshit to . within three months you can get credit .

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
As a Sharks fan, I was truly expecting the best too. I never imagined he'd be stupid and selfish enough to get back here again. Yet here we are. Whoever signs him needs to read the fine print on that extensive warning label THOROUGHLY.

Mar 26, 2010

Then he is not going to the Oilers as some have been speculating here. Oilers are not even close to a Cup contender. Just because Holland is trying to sign him, that does not mean he will.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
They should hard pass on Kane.

Matvei Petrov is coming next season for them from the OHL.
he plays the same position what Kane

Very special player, not just offensive threat.

Its a very delicate situation, Petrov situation.
- Oilers cannot afford to **** it up

Petrov should be playing next season with McDavid
he would be perfect line mate for him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They should hard pass on Kane.

Matvei Petrov is coming next season for them from the OHL.
he plays the same position what Kane

Very special player, not just offensive threat.

Its a very delicate situation, Petrov situation.
- Oilers cannot afford to **** it up

Petrov should be playing next season with McDavid
he would be perfect line mate for him.

I think they look at a contract to finish the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad