LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Kane scores at a 50 goal pace on MacDavid’s wing, easily and adds depth to a paper thin roster. I’d take a chance on him in a heartbeat. It’s not like Edmonton’s locker room could get worse.

From an outsiders perspective I would think that the Oilers room is far to fragile to deal with Kanes antics.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Kane scores at a 50 goal pace on MacDavid’s wing, easily and adds depth to a paper thin roster. I’d take a chance on him in a heartbeat. It’s not like Edmonton’s locker room could get worse.
care to explain locker room situation in edmonton? im very curious and havent seen or heard anything about it. i also think he would help the depth. a player like him minus all the negatives is a huge need for the oilers. my first thought was carolina, but im not sure they need him.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
damn, i havent heard any of this oilers locker room stuff. guess i need to watch more west coast hockey

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
What contender would want him? I know; ones with strong leadership, jerks, etc.

Still doesn't seem worth the risk to bring a potentially huge distraction into an already good team. Troy from Community described him best:
"It's like God spilled a person"

And as much fun as it would be to see him bring another tanker load of gas to an already out of control dumpster fire in Edmonton, can't see it happening. Saying he wants to go to a contender is one of the very few things I believe coming out of his mouth.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Oilers are at their all-time low if they sign him. I think Kane's best option, I'd say Vegas but for multiple reasons that won't happen all jokes aside, I think Nashville might be his best option if given a contract.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
What’s the deal with the governments and travelling cross border without a vaccine? Because that seems like a barrier for Kane signing with a Canadian team

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
We’re in a period that’s worse than the decade of darkness, so why not?

Just when you can’t think this organization is worse this hits the hockey news cycle.
I'm not sure what the Oilers would have to lose at this point. And I'm being serious, you only have so many years of McDrai in their prime. If you're rolling the dice, do it now.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
McDavid and Draisaitl in their prime with $20+ million in cap space is how this off-season started.

Now we’re a bottom tier team and against the cap with the 2 best players in the world. The cap situation next off-season is even worse.

This is so far beyond the worst of the decade of darkness. This team just finds new ways to disappoint.

It’s pathetic.
What years are those exactly? (Decade of darkness)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Doesn't seem like Oilers have a very strong leadership group, but I guess Kane might be motivated to be on his best behavior (as he should have been several times through his career).

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What’s the deal with the governments and travelling cross border without a vaccine? Because that seems like a barrier for Kane signing with a Canadian team

Reports from November stated he's confirmed fully vaccinated. Only player in the league who isn't is Tyler Bertuzzi

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
What contender would want him? I know; ones with strong leadership, jerks, etc.

Still doesn't seem worth the risk to bring a potentially huge distraction into an already good team. Troy from Community described him best:
"It's like God spilled a person"

And as much fun as it would be to see him bring another tanker load of gas to an already out of control dumpster fire in Edmonton, can't see it happening. Saying he wants to go to a contender is one of the very few things I believe coming out of his mouth.
I know a gm who loves toughness in the room and has a group lead by Crosby that is probably looking for one last serious run until rust Malkin Kap Letang all need paid

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
McDavid and Draisaitl in their prime with $20+ million in cap space is how this off-season started.

Now we’re a bottom tier team and against the cap with the 2 best players in the world. The cap situation next off-season is even worse.

This is so far beyond the worst of the decade of darkness. This team just finds new ways to disappoint.

It’s pathetic.

you went from the ultimate homer to a full hater. It’s beautiful lol

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Kane really isn't the biggest Covid fan...Hard to see him going to Canada where restrictions and mandates rule the land

Reactions: mundyc3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad