LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I wonder if he'd even be interested in signing with the Oilers? Edmonton isn't a much more glamorous place to live than Winnipeg. Maybe if he has no other options, but I can't see it being his first choice. On the other hand, if he was ever looking to grow up and stop being an idiot it might serve him well to live in a place with less distractions..

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The Oilers always find a new rock bottom. They're not even close yet.

McDavid and Draisaitl in their prime with $20+ million in cap space is how this off-season started.

Now we’re a bottom tier team and against the cap with the 2 best players in the world. The cap situation next off-season is even worse.

This is so far beyond the worst of the decade of darkness. This team just finds new ways to disappoint.

It’s pathetic.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
How long of a time period would there be even for kane to be able to play in edmonton?

There's an on going situation with the termination of a contract too no?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
McDavid and Draisaitl in their prime with $20+ million in cap space is how this off-season started.

Now we’re a bottom tier team and against the cap with the 2 best players in the world. The cap situation next off-season is even worse.

This is so far beyond the worst of the decade of darkness. This team just finds new ways to disappoint.

It’s pathetic.

One hot streak and the club is right back in the thick of things. This is nowhere near the bottomless pit the decade of darkness was. Yes, Holland failed this off season bringing in Keith and losing Larsson. I don't mind the RNH extension, the Hyman signing (don't expect it to age well), even Ceci has been decent. My fingers are crossed that Keith retires after the season and we finally add a long term solution in net.

Reactions: Ragdoll

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Evander Kane to the Oilers seems like putting accelerant on an already out of control fire. At a moment when the Oiler coach and back up goalie are getting into a verbal back and forth in the press, it doesn't seem like the best environment to introduce a player of Kane's reputation even if there's some kind of on ice bump.

Not my business, gotta do what you gotta do.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Evander Kane to the Oilers seems like putting accelerant on an already out of control fire. At a moment when the Oiler coach and back up goalie are getting into a verbal back and forth in the press, it doesn't seem like the best environment to introduce a player of Kane's reputation even if there's some kind of on ice bump.

Not my business, gotta do what you gotta do.
These rumous sometimes is so weird sire. Edmonton already got a beaut power guy in hyman.... for mcdavid. And they have been doing great things together. Even with Puljujarvi. This would be a weird move indeed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Skills/roster wise this would make a lot of sense for Edmonton.

With how desperate they should be to make some noise, I wouldn't be shocked if they pull the trigger.

spot

Aug 26, 2007

It’s pathetic.

I know that you are a long time respected poster on HF Oil, but this narrative that you are creating is false. The oilers have actually been a top tier team the last two seasons. This season we started off strong. Tops in the west, recently we have hit a wall, due to covid, injuries and goaltending. Poor 5 on 5 play and a decline in special teams. I’m not saying we are a top team in the NHL like our record showed early on, but we are also not a bottom team like our record is showing in the last 11. I get your frustrations but your assessment is simply not true. Our window is just opening now, we have prospects stepping up, and rumours such as this shows that what you see is not what you get come playoff time.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is he even willing to get vaccinated? Or just keep faking federal documents.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I know that you are a long time respected poster on HF Oil, but this narrative that you are creating is false. The oilers have actually been a top tier team the last two seasons. This season we started off strong. Tops in the west, recently we have hit a wall, due to covid, injuries and goaltending. Poor 5 on 5 play and a decline in special teams. I’m not saying we are a top team in the NHL like our record showed early on, but we are also not a bottom team like our record is showing in the last 11. I get your frustrations but your assessment is simply not true. Our window is just opening now, we have prospects stepping up, and rumours such as this shows that what you see is not what you get come playoff time.

Looking at the Oilers from the outside, I'd say the truth is somewhere in between. The Oilers window is neither open nor closed, and that's neither a catastrophe or a reason to panic.

Having McDavid and Draisaitl is a terrific foundation, but obviously puts a ton of pressure for a win now mentality. Feels like the Oilers have a bit of an NBA structure where you have a superstar cast and then a cast of guys who are in and out of a revolving door. Right now it doesn't work well because the combination of guys doesn't seem to compliment McDrai, but it doesn't mean the right combination can't be found.

I look at the Florida Panthers as a close example of what the Oilers could do. They were a team who had Huberdeau, Barkov and Ekblad. Nothing worked for the longest time, but then they put together a few solid support cast adding Duclair, Verhaeghe, Hornqvist, Reinhart and Bennett over the past 1.5 years, Weegar took a quantum leap and all of a sudden are in business.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
On board. Anything to bump Pulji down to where he belongs. Shouldn’t be sniffing first line. Would be an ideal third liner that can play up with injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad