LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Looking at Capfriendly would it be crazy to think he might go to the Rangers?
They can easily afford him and are making a push this year while they still have a ton of cap space.

Edit: Canes can fit him in too, that would be funny as hell, island of misfit toys.

No he will sign for 1M max
Don't count on it. If there are "no shortage" of teams interested he should be able to squeeze out 2M or more, it's not like he doesn't desperately need money.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
The only teams that should even consider signing this guy are teams with strong organizational structure and leadership

The Oilers are not that team

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Kane really isn't the biggest Covid fan...Hard to see him going to Canada where restrictions and mandates rule the land
Plus the higher taxes won't help his debt issues.

On the other hand, McDrai are his best bet to pump his numbers and raise his stock value for next season, so he might 'invest in himself' like Barrie did.

Last edited:

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Lebrun in the video confirmed that is free to sign where he wants starting when his contracted cleared and was terminated yesterday.
This could open a can of worms the nhl doesn’t want. If San Jose is found to be in the wrong, they won’t be happy if they aren forced to pay his remaining salary and take his full cap hit all whilst he gets to sign a new deal and play for another team. Is the league going to enforce that as a penalty? That means they can’t even buy out his contract then.

Now if they just say well San Jose you have to pay him but we won’t put the cap hit as a penalty on you, whats to stop teams for coming up with excuses to terminate contracts they no longer want? Toronto would have no problems eating the salary to dump the cap hit for free of a bad player if they needed to for ex.

teams could further exploit this then and sign guys to 7-8 year deals that take them past their retirement age to bring the AAV down with a handshake agreement to terminate the player and then lose the grievance so the player gets the salary while the team gets out of the cap hit

Reactions: Rangers ftw

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The only teams that should even consider signing this guy are teams with strong organizational structure and leadership

The Oilers are not that team
The problem is the Old boys club including Katz THINK they have a strong organizational structure and leadership lol

Reactions: 780il

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
A smart bet, it would be. But needs a trade for caproom
Ednonton is like the last destination for Kane, where he last want. But he has to prove himself to save his career.
There will be other teams waitibg for him as well.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
The club needs a coaching change, I'm convinced the team is tuning Tippett out, this happens. Will Holland refuse to can him in season is my concern.

Add Kane really fixes the depth scoring issue, only need Koskinen upgrade and a top 4 LD, like a Chiarot and they are easily a contender. Holloway is getting game ready and might find himself up on the Oilers after he starts in Bakers.

Foegele - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Hyman - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Kane - RNH - Kassian
Benson - McLeod - fill in the blank

Kane is a shoot first/line driver, RNH is a solid two-way C but has never been one who could carry a line. I think this with Kassian is an ideal line to create true depth scoring a line that will stir the pot when needed.

I like. But I dont know about Fogele McD Jesse. Does they work?

Btw, Sceviour is the 12th, then shore.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If anything, I feel like this is the perfect justification to add him.

Adding Kane is an absolute Hail Mary move. It's not a move a safe team makes. It's a move a desperate team makes. And frankly, the Oilers are super desperate right now.

I think he'd be a better fit on Tampa, Florida, Toronto, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Vegas, teams that are good and could use 1 more top 6 forward.

I don't know if going to a team in free falls is good idea.

The idea of Kane and Mcdavid together is tempting but not in Edmontons current state.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
This would make for quite the spicy Battle of Alberta (attitude/ problem players in Kassian and Kane vs. Tkachuk and Lucic).

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
E.Kane in China, what could possibly go wrong lol.
Well done Grasshopper
tumblr_kzpd7vQ2tr1qa1xnko1_500.gifv

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
They can easily afford him and are making a push this year while they still have a ton of cap space.

Edit: Canes can fit him in too, that would be funny as hell, island of misfit toys.

Don't count on it. If there are "no shortage" of teams interested he should be able to squeeze out 2M or more, it's not like he doesn't desperately need money.

Rangers have Reaves on their roster. I’m sure some team will sign him because talent trumps morality.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
I think he'd be a better fit on Tampa, Florida, Toronto, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Vegas, teams that are good and could use 1 more top 6 forward.

I don't know if going to a team in free falls is good idea.

The idea of Kane and Mcdavid together is tempting but not in Edmontons current state.
I'm sure McDiver would have no issue keeping Kane in line given his inability to stop himself from throwing tantrums. Vegas would be hilarious though.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020

"Sources say Kane is looking for a Cup contender" - I guess beggars CAN be choosers then... wonder if he'd go the way of Kovalchuk (bouncing between several teams as a hired gun, like how Ilya did for LA/ Montreal/ Washington) or Thomas Vanek (he changed teams multiple times in different TDL's after he refused to sign with NYI).

Ledge And Dairy

A large portion of hid Debt was tied directly to his previous contract meaning he no longer owes it (I believe this was talked about in the other Kane thread).

As for his contract. He is trying to prove himself/revitalize his career. No ones going to give him any time of day if he comes out of the gates being greedy

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Doesn't seem like Oilers have a very strong leadership group, but I guess Kane might be motivated to be on his best behavior (as he should have been several times through his career).
He’s literally already broken rules on his AHL team lol

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
When Evander Kane came to the Sharks, he had never had a hat-trick in his NHL career. Well, he got a hat-trick (and more so, four goals!!!) his first year with us and he seemed very stable and happy in this youtube video. **SPOILER ALERT** Mike Smith is in the Flames net.

Reactions: David71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad