LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
I don’t like it when bad people do bad things and still get rewarded. It’s a perverse system.

I hope the team that signs him becomes worse as a result.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I wonder if he'd even be interested in signing with the Oilers? Edmonton isn't a much more glamorous place to live than Winnipeg. Maybe if he has no other options, but I can't see it being his first choice. On the other hand, if he was ever looking to grow up and stop being an idiot it might serve him well to live in a place with less distractions..

Glamorous location? He just needs to go to the rink, and go home. That’s it. That’s the only way for him to stay of trouble

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
They'll probably bury a guy like Turris in the minors.
Sending someone down doesn't take their contract off your 50 list. They'll need to trade someone to bring their contracts down below the max allowed to bring Kane in, this is assuming Oilers are at the max contracts.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
wonder if he'd go the way of Kovalchuk (bouncing between several teams as a hired gun, like how Ilya did for LA/ Montreal/ Washington) or Thomas Vanek (he changed teams multiple times in different TDL's after he refused to sign with NYI).
Highly doubtful. Kane needs money desperately.
He's going to play his bag off for the next 4 months and hit free agency in July with all being forgotten. He could easily pick up a 20 million dollar offer in July

Reactions: MinJaBen

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Sending someone down doesn't take their contract off your 50 list. They'll need to trade someone to bring their contracts down below the max allowed to bring Kane in, this is assuming Oilers are at the max contracts.

I know they aren't so my post was exclusively about cap room. I am well aware sending someone down doesn't take their contract off a team list.

Why would anyone assume the Oilers are at max contracts? They're not even close and it is super easy just to look that up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know they aren't so my post was exclusively about cap room. I am well aware sending someone down doesn't take their contract off a team list.

Why would anyone assume the Oilers are at max contracts? They're not even close and it is super easy just to look that up.
We are so low on contracts it's not even funny this year and it's hurting our AHL club.

At 43, but really 40 when you pull out Klef, Archi and Stalock who won't be playing this year.

Reactions: TFHockey

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No but he can make up for some of the soft goals Koskinen lets in by scoring . He also makes the Oilers hard to play against
I'm on the fence with Kane, but it has nothing to do with goaltending.

If you can get someone who doesn't cost you assets and a ton of money then it shouldn't matter if you have other holes in the lineup.

Getting Kane would allow us to potentially run Connor, Leon and RNH down the middle which would improve our depth. Which is something that is also a hole on this team.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
care to explain locker room situation in edmonton? im very curious and havent seen or heard anything about it. i also think he would help the depth. a player like him minus all the negatives is a huge need for the oilers. my first thought was carolina, but im not sure they need him.

Not that It was in my post. However one example is the Ethan Bear interview.
Saying how he left and the team said nothing and went on his way. The guy basically had to be traded because of racism by fans not by teammates. Not even a teammate coming over and saying it's alright or anything. Wack

This is all paraphrasing.

Just feel that's one example. Maybe why Keith got brought in to do some leadership?

Reactions: Hextallent63

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
They should hard pass on Kane.

Matvei Petrov is coming next season for them from the OHL.
he plays the same position what Kane

Very special player, not just offensive threat.

Its a very delicate situation, Petrov situation.
- Oilers cannot afford to **** it up

Petrov should be playing next season with McDavid
he would be perfect line mate for him.

A Jr Player with no NHL games gift a spot with McDavid ? Not happening . The guy has to pay his due .

I do agree he was a steal for the Oilers but lets not count our chicken before the hatch .

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Imagine if he signs with the team he scored 4 against because he knows they still have to play the team that has the goalie he scored 4 against another 4 times this season, thus having a chance to score 16 in 4 games, and whatever else he scores in the other games, I think a team that rolls 4 lines with a player like Chucky, Kane, Lucic, Ritchie on each line would be hard to play against especially with players like Dube, Mang, Ruzicka learning from them, I would think that if he'd sign for like 1.5-2M he wouldn't be that bad to bury if he doesn't work out, he'd add the finishing touch and more grit to our mid 6.

Top line
Coleman-Backlund-Mang
Dube-Ruzicka-Kane
Lucic-Monahan-Richardson
*This was just a quick line up, it'd create depth and we'd be scratching someone like Ritchie, Lewis, Monahan, Pitlick every day*
Gritty bottom 9, with depth scoring spread out, hopefully it'll spark a fire under some people's butts and have an all around team firing on all cylinders, Backlund, Lucic, Coleman, Tanev, Richardson, Lewis all bring forms of leadership and hopefully they'd help smarten up Kane, what kind of distractions are in Calgary for him? Sutter would LOVE a player like Kane who could move up and down the top 3 lines

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
When was the last time he played an NHL game? Coming up on a year right?

Watching hold out players come back after missing camp…… do people really expect anything from him?

I mean free wallet and all but the idea he will
Be an impact player after a year off and all the drama is kinda silly

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Highly doubtful. Kane needs money desperately.
He's going to play his bag off for the next 4 months and hit free agency in July with all being forgotten. He could easily pick up a 20 million dollar offer in July
I'd take him on my team for the remainder of this year just for this here. He is likely going to be on his best behaviour and playing his best hockey of his career. I wouldn't want to extend him, but for a cup run this year, yes please.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd take him on my team for the remainder of this year just for this here. He is likely going to be on his best behaviour and playing his best hockey of his career. I wouldn't want to extend him, but for a cup run this year, yes please.

100%. This is the approach many GM's are looking at when it comes to Kane. Short leash and prove it contract for the rest of the season. Don't cost futures to get him and the only cost is cap space for the rest of the season.

Reactions: MinJaBen

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I’d bet on Vegas, but think it’s also possible he ends up in Carolina or Colorado, maybe Florida. I don’t think there’s a chance he ends up in Edmonton unless they offer him the most money, by a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad