Evan Bouchard heating up.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
I wish we could have discussions about the Oilers on the mains without fans of other teams spazzing out.

Always so much derailing hyperbole.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Barrie was trade on February 28th... since then

1702314673374.png

Plus playoffs

17pts in 12 games

So, since Barrie was traded, Bouchard has 64 points in 58 games. We are getting out of 'small sample size' here.

Also, he was CHL Dman of the year well before ever playing a second with McDavid.

AHL numbers were good

Swedish numbers were too!

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
He’s a good, but flawed player

Elite offensively. Has an absolute bomb of a shot. Has all the tools offensively that succeed in the NHL. But man is he bad defensively. Idk if I’ve seen any other player lose his man, mess up a simple puck retrieval, or just get caught watching the puck more than him.

He’s like what gardiner was for us in game 7s. Obviously much better offensively but both were offensively gifted but with some of the worst lowlights you could find. Having said I’d still take him on our team, he’s a guy who you’d have to find the right partner for, but would be a very valuable piece if you can find a spot for him. We struggle with offence from the back end and he would really help that.

He’s a solid middle pairing dman in terms of usage, a top pairer offensively and a bottom pairer defensively

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
This thread is even more hilarious than the 12-12-1 Oilers thread. Thanks for the laughs everyone. :laugh:

Bouchard is so frustrating in a lot of ways. He'd be the best Oilers defenseman we've iced since Pronger if he play in his own zone really well.
Would bet my life savings that Evan Bouchard never wins a Norris.
I think that it's pretty unlikely Bouchard wins a Norris myself but if he ever does, send me the cheque in the mail. :)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
This thread is even more hilarious than the 12-12-1 Oilers thread. Thanks for the laughs everyone. :laugh:

Bouchard is so frustrating in a lot of ways. He'd be the best Oilers defenseman we've iced since Pronger if he play in his own zone really well.

I think that it's pretty unlikely Bouchard wins a Norris myself but if he ever does, send me the cheque in the mail. :)
That’s not how a bet works, so ill have to pass.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
He’s playing loose, he’s having fun and he’s starting to really light it up on the stat sheet. Is it time for the doubters to eat their crow when they were criticizing him incessantly earlier this season?
Maybe teams should just start playing forwards on defense. Because thats basically what he is. He cost Woodcroft his job

Skillset offensively is sublime. Since Coffeys arrival he is now playing positionally sound defensively. Looking like another superstar defenseman has arrived in this league. Shoots the puck like Macinnis, great passing and IQ, young.
You are the first person ever to bring up IQ with him in a positive light.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe teams should just start playing forwards on defense. Because thats basically what he is. He cost Woodcroft his job

Only if you were born today. Bouchard’s been lauded for an incredible hockey IQ since he was 16. His weak spot is intensity, not smarts.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Is this going to be like when Draisaitl was trending towards elite and HF boards wouldn't accept that fact for years until they finally had to?

Let's just save everyone the trouble, and the haters from their embarrassment, this is who Bouchard is:
- Best Slap Shot in the NHL
- Generational Vision from the Back End
- Elite Offensive IQ
- A Superstar in the Making
- Some Defensive Warts to Work out in his game still.

• Haha
Reactions: DearDiary

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Is this going to be like when Draisaitl was trending towards elite and HF boards wouldn't accept that fact for years until they finally had to?

Let's just save everyone the trouble, and the haters from their embarrassment, this is who Bouchard is:
- Best Slap Shot in the NHL
- Generational Vision from the Back End
- Elite Offensive IQ
- A Superstar in the Making
- Some Defensive Warts to Work out in his game still.
Calm down turbo, he's a good 2nd pairing defenseman that has found the right partner in Ekholm.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Too busy destroying his downtown and burning cars.

FYI:

Won the cup without Gretzky

View attachment 781616

Hey now, every Cup that another team wins doesn't count because his NoCupNucks have 50+ years of being perennial losers, or something, to be sure. At least he has his bottled Trevor Linden tears and memories of choking-two-series-leads-to-the-Bruins riot to look back on fondly.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Yes like the Oilers are such an elite team lol. What have the Oilers won ever since Gretzky cried after the trade? Nothing. The only thing Oilers know is to suck for multiple 1st overalls and even then they still can't win a cup.
Way to expose yourself as a hockey casual. It all makes sense now. Top 1% of hockey educated Canuck fans.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I keep reading hes a good but flawed player. The reason being because the offence is so good and the D is not.

My question.. if the gold standard of defending, Rod Langway, were playing today... Would HF be shitting all over him because he was also a very good but flawed Dman. Great in his zone and bad in the offensive zone.

I can almost see the thread now... 'Langway is an ECHL player when he crosses centre ice'.

Reactions: SaltNPeca

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln

nope, but please go off 🤡

"Mobile puck moving D with excellent offensive instincts & ability to read the game"
-ISS Hockey 2017

"A highly intelligent all-around defenceman that plays with poise and can shift the pace of play in a multitude of ways... ...Reads cues well in all three zones and seems to stay a step ahead. All-in-all, a well-rounded defender with great hockey sense and work ethic."
-Curtis Joe, EP 2017

"Bouchard’s on-ice intelligence and hockey sense are unlike so many others."
-Andrew Forbes THW, 2018

"Bouchard has top-pairing potential with the skills and smarts to be a big point producer at the NHL level."
-Steve Kournianos The Draft Analyst, 2018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad