Evan Bouchard heating up.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You can't effectively measure defensive play with stats. You have to actually watch and understand the game to evaluate players properly.
So.

What makes your eye test better than others?

Because from the sounds of it you dont watch much hockey.

You also thought no oilers would make Vancouvers blueline last year, yet the oilers gave up almost 40 goals against less.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I've seen him play at multiple levels extensively. At no point did he ever show any sign that he was willing to stop hurting his team with his refusal to learn how to play his position.
Says who?

You?

You've already established you aren't an objective opinion on the matter.

Is Bouchard great defensively? No.

Is Bouchard NHL quality? Yes.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He's always on fire.

Either running around aimlessly in his own zone, or looking like a well Oiled (😉 ) machine on the offensive side of the puck.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
You can't effectively measure defensive play with stats. You have to actually watch and understand the game to evaluate players properly.

And you’re saying that’s where you’re struggling?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
The hate on for Bouchard due to playing for the Oil, just further cements my desire to see him continue to pile up the points and win the Norris. It would be the ultimate f you. 😂

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
McDavid wakes up from his early season hibernation, and Bouchard (and the Oilers as a whole) suddenly starts playing well...coincidence, or clue?

@Da McBomb I'm struggling to think of many...Makar/Hamilton, but they're more snap/wrist shot dominant. You could very well be right (though I'm sure I've forgotten someone obvious :laugh:)

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
He’s playing loose, he’s having fun and he’s starting to really light it up on the stat sheet. Is it time for the doubters to eat their crow when they were criticizing him incessantly earlier this season?
Interesting he heats up when McDavid turns it on lol.

He may just win a Norris before his career is up. The Norris skews heavily towards stats for defensemen.
That will be for Hughes and Makar not boobchard

Would bet my life savings that Evan Bouchard never wins a Norris.
Yep and he has McDrai to piggy back on. Hughes with Oilers PP would have 70 points by now lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad