Evan Bouchard heating up.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I don't think Makar is on another level from Hughes.

Both are the best players and driving force for their teams.

People like to harshly jump on young Dmen for being bad defensively at first. (Me included, eating crow about Hughes) Bouchard will certainly improve there.
I hope so, dude.

Reactions: PensandCaps

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
The hate on for Bouchard due to playing for the Oil, just further cements my desire to see him continue to pile up the points and win the Norris. It would be the ultimate f you. 😂
Are you under the impression the Oilers board is invisible to other teams or something? Y'all have been roasting him as hard as anyone else this season, 5 game hot streak excluded.

Posts calling for him to be sent down, traded.. Those guys with the Oilers Avatars much just be biased huh?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Are you under the impression the Oilers board is invisible to other teams or something? Y'all have been roasting him as hard as anyone else this season, 5 game hot streak excluded.

Posts calling for him to be sent down, traded.. Those guys with the Oilers Avatars much just be biased huh?
11 games.

Reactions: SaltNPeca

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Can you let JackJohnson know that? He's under the impression our fanbase thinks he's gonna win the Norris.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I've seen him play at multiple levels extensively. At no point did he ever show any sign that he was willing to stop hurting his team with his refusal to learn how to play his position.
😂😂😂

No, you have not. It’s far more likely that he stiffed you for an autograph or something like that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I'd consider making a deal with him just because his value is going through the roof. Not many D that can play at a 100 point rate like he has this season + last year's playoffs and is still a young player in his RFA years.

You could probably get back a monster haul for him that would address a lot of team needs and that team will still score a shit ton of goals because McDavid. What would the Caps have gotten for Mike Green at age 24? An unbelievable haul.

If he was a super strong defensive player right now with the numbers he's putting up, he'd in the discussion for the Norris and the Oilers would also probably be looking at paying him 10+ million on his next contract, so I mean in some sense it's probably good he's not all that because "all that" comes with a price tag.

If he keeps scoring like this, I think he makes the All-Star team. He has more points than Connor Bedard, Sidney Crosby, and Auston Matthews right now, lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jackjohnson

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Did you enjoy seeing him disgracing his country with his play ion the WJHC after being gifted the roster spot for no reason?

You sure are hyper critical for a fan of a team that has never won shit ever lol. Every one of your posts is like a virgin yelling and screaming at a friend who is in a relationship about how he's doing it all wrong. You'd think there would be a little self awareness and humility, but nope. Hughes had a stretch in his career where he was shit defensively too (you aren't -34 in two seasons combined by accident). I take it you're still bitter about the Bruins and 2011 as well, lulz, guess we can understand that one. You're definitely one of the most salty and angry posters I've ever seen on this board.

I'm not even that big of a Bouchard fan. I hope he keeps pumping his value because they will get a fortune for him if he continues to put up sky high point totals or they keep him and well it's another player that may not be perfect but still scores at such a level that it's hard to ignore at this point.

Last edited:

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Did you enjoy seeing him disgracing his country with his play ion the WJHC after being gifted the roster spot for no reason?
The same year he won the OHL defenseman of the year? That year?

Once again, your opinion just can’t be taken seriously. You have demonstrated on countless occasions that you likely barely watch your own team play, nevermind “extensively watching” the London Knights or the Bakersfield Condors.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He is reaching new heights as a player. His shot is something else as is his poise with the puck. Like many offensive defensemen he has his share of brain farts on the defensive side but they are becoming less frequent under Paul Coffey's coaching.

Reactions: Oilhawks

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
he's a canucks fan, you can't expect him to know what a winner is . He's only had the Twin diving sisters to watch, give the guy a break he cheers for a loser team with no good players that have won nothing
Yes like the Oilers are such an elite team lol. What have the Oilers won ever since Gretzky cried after the trade? Nothing. The only thing Oilers know is to suck for multiple 1st overalls and even then they still can't win a cup.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'd consider making a deal with him just because his value is going through the roof. Not many D that can play at a 100 point rate like he has this season + last year's playoffs and is still a young player in his RFA years.

You could probably get back a monster haul for him that would address a lot of team needs and that team will still score a shit ton of goals because McDavid. What would the Caps have gotten for Mike Green at age 24? An unbelievable haul.

If he was a super strong defensive player right now with the numbers he's putting up, he'd in the discussion for the Norris and the Oilers would also probably be looking at paying him 10+ million on his next contract,
so I mean in some sense it's probably good he's not all that because "all that" comes with a price tag.

If he keeps scoring like this, I think he makes the All-Star team
. He has more points than Connor Bedard, Sidney Crosby, and Auston Matthews right now, lol.
No way he makes the all star team. He isn't even the best dman on his own team lol. I take Hughes and Hronek over Boobchard

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Too busy destroying his downtown and burning cars.
Yes like the Oilers are such an elite team lol. What have the Oilers won ever since Gretzky cried after the trade? Nothing. The only thing Oilers know is to suck for multiple 1st overalls and even then they still can't win a cup.

FYI:

Won the cup without Gretzky

1702306162898.png

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No way he makes the all star team. He isn't even the best dman on his own team lol. I take Hughes and Hronek over Boobchard

How many defensemen get to make the team? Just two?

I honestly don't know because I don't even bother watching the game because it's boring as f***.

But lets look at it ... this year Evan Bouchard has more points than Matthews, Crosby, Bedard, Marner. As a *defenseman*, lol. He's also outscoring guys like Erik Karlsson and Roman Josi.

Even defensively, now that Woodcroft's gong show of a defensive system was given the boot, he has started to play a lot better defensively, once they've started to implement more of what it is Knoblauch/Coffey want, he has 10 points and a +4 rating in his last 7 games.

He has one of the longest active point streaks in the NHL right now with points in 11 consecutive games.

Counting the playoffs last year and the games this season, he's scoring at a 100 point pace. At what point do you start to get some consideration for an All-Star berth? lol. This isn't even like one of those dream/magic seasons for the Oilers where they've had a lot of bounces and everything is going right (not even close) and he's just riding the gravy train.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon

Some posters in Oilers land are very hysterical if you have not seen first hand lol.

HF has a “fun” tendency of seeing 1 post from some new account with 3 posts and figure that represents the thoughts of a large portion of the fan base.

Bouchard is a dynamic player that has had some growing pains. He is, without doubt getting better every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad