Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Then get off of everyone else's case. You're no different than the rest of the cheap fans in this situation.

Why didn't you buy? Did you see the adds? The tweets? What made you come to the dark side and not spend any money? Why weren't you supporting Eugene?

Because I’m not a hypocrite… I’m not calling him cheap every day when I’ve been cheap myself - I’m aware of what i spend in the building and don’t expect any more than what I give.

So if your going to call him cheap I am going to evaluate your perspective … Iif Your supporting the team and not getting value you have every right to be annoyed. Bit if you don’t support the team I suggest you evaluate how hypocritical your Cristism may be.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Because I’m not a hypocrite… I’m not calling him cheap every day when I’ve been cheap myself - I’m aware of what i spend in the building and don’t expect any more than what I give.
You didn't answer the question. Why didn't you buy 50/50 tickets and support the team? You're displaying very hypocritical behavior.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You didn't answer the question. Why didn't you buy 50/50 tickets and support the team?

Because I chose not to and was cheap/lazy. Nothing more …. No excuses. I should have. The charity failed because of people like me .. not Melynk.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Because I chose not to and was cheap/lazy. I should have. The charity failed because of people like me .. not Melynk.
And this is the crux of it all. Everything around Melnyk fails because of everyone else, he never has a part to play. Gotch ya.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
And this is the crux of it all. Everything around Melnyk fails because of everyone else, he never has a part to play. Gotch ya.

Ya - he’s frugal, financially compromised (as a billionaire) and has a poor public image that collides with our cheap/lazy fan base that expects the leafs spending.

Last edited:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Ya - he’s frugal and has a poor public image that collides with our cheap fan base that expects the leafs spending.

It doesn't collide with the fan base, it sours them. Shocking.

The fans here are fine. Melnyk will have better support when he starts to show he cares.

He doesn't care about the fans here though, so I'm not holding by breath.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It doesn't collide with the fan base, it sours them. Shocking.

The fans here are fine. Melnyk will have better support when he starts to show he cares.

He doesn't care about the fans here though, so I'm not holding by breath.

I am aware of this - but what this group doesn’t appear to be aware of is … our cheap, frugal base doesn’t attract the type of owner we think we are entitled too…

no billionaire is interested in Coming here and trying to sell me and you $22 family fun zone tickets willing to lose $20 million a year so we can chear on our team from an illegal stream with our Costco $1beer at home.

Last edited:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
I am aware of this - but what this group doesn’t appear to be aware of is … our cheap, frugal base doesn’t attract the type of owner we think we are entitled too… no billionaire is interested in Coming here and trying to sell me and you $22 family fun zone tickets.
There were interested parties in buying the team, so once again you're incorrect (shocking).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why didn't you buy? Did you see the adds? The tweets? What made you come to the dark side and not spend any money? Why weren't you supporting Eugene?
Just a bit of a bit pick, but buying 50/50s doesn't really support Melnyk or the team (or at least it shouldn't), it supports some charities, the 50/50 is just leveraging the teams reach to gain access to more potential donners/participants. Nobody is cheap for choosing one charity over another, assuming that's what they did, but honestly, I'd feel bad if 50/50s was the only way I donated as it's not really a good way to get money into the hands of the people you are trying to help, it's not much different than any OLG Lottery when you get down to it, both contribute a portion towards other causes like hospitals and youth sports but a large chunk isn't actually used to help charity at all because you have to pay the prizes.

Reactions: umma gumma

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Report: Eugene Melnyk declines offer to sell Senators

There are interested parties, Melnyk's not interested in selling. You don't get to cry poor if you had opportunity to sell your alleged albatross and choose not to.

That doesn’t substantiate anything - the offer could have been for $90 million for all we know. We do know is that Melynk claimed that no serious offers we made.

I don’t doubt for one second that Melynk would only consider an offer close to the Forbes estimate.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Who ? What was their offer ? I can be intersted in buying a car but it doesn’t mean I buy the car.
Whoever and whatever the offer was Eugen thought best to hang on to the franchise (and continue to lose money according to you). You posted the other day you think Melnyk would get out if he could, well he had the chance and chose not to, so maybe things aren't as bad as you paint them out to be. Its just Melnyk doing Melnyk things.

Reactions: Deku and topshelf15

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Whoever and whatever the offer was Eugen thought best to hang on to the franchise (and continue to lose money according to you). You posted the other day you think Melnyk would get out if he could, well he had the chance and chose not to, so maybe things aren't as bad as you paint them out to be. Its just Melnyk doing Melnyk things.

The rumour was Melnyk was asking between 650 and 700 but the offer came up short. It was reportedly Laliberté that made the offer.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Sorry - I thought it was obvious. Melynk isn’t going to sell the team for a loss and is probably willing to wait out a market value offer that would have him make a profit.

I’m not aware of any market value offers. With revenue tied to expenses he can wait it out.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Sorry - I thought it was obvious. Melynk isn’t going to sell the team for a loss and is probably willing to wait out a market value offer that would have him make a profit.

I’m not aware of any market value offers. With revenue tied to expenses he can wait it out.
Melnyk bought the team and arena for $92 mil and the team is now valued at 430 mil. He’s not going to sell at a loss even if he tries.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Anyone know what type of compensated Phillips would have had to operate this charity ?

Was he paid as a donation ? Are we talking $2000 a week or $200000 + tax receipt that he could use to lower his tax.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Melnyk bought the team and arena for $92 mil and the team is now valued at 430 mil. He’s not going to sell at a loss even if he tries.

He’s financed some debt along the way … lost money many years… notnsure what his break even number is .. $250 million ? More ? Less ?

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005

I think that is what he's doing, waiting it out, but it doesn't change that he doesn't care about the fans or the city. That much is obvious.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think that is what he's doing, waiting it out, but it doesn't change that he doesn't care about the fans or the city. That much is obvious.

He does care - he’s willing to spend all of the money the fan base gives him on the ice. No more, no less.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
The rumour was Melnyk was asking between 650 and 700 but the offer came up short. It was reportedly Laliberté that made the offer.
If things were as dire as some make it out to be you think he would have taken that offer and ran.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
He does care - he’s willing to spend all of the money the fan base gives him on the ice. No more, no less.
Naw, he doesn't care. If he did he'd be honest with the fanbase, he'd have a proper front office, etc.... He does very little to show he cares, which is typical of his behavior.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

What would a loss be, he bought for 90 mil if I recall. Would be a loss if he sold for Forbes valuation minus 10%, or roughly 380 mil at that time?

I'm not sure a crazy low ball offer even gets reported on, and this was all happening when LeBreton was still looking possible so he might have been looking for an above market value offer to account for that.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Naw, he doesn't care. If he did he'd be honest with the fanbase, he'd have a proper front office, etc.... He does very little to show he cares, which is typical of his behavior.

I think a proper front office would cost us $5-8 million more ?

A $3 million coach, $3 million GM, a another million or two in other positions? That would all have to come out of on ice player salaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad