Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
I think a proper front office would cost us $5-8 million more ?

A $3 million coach, $3 million GM, a another million or two in other positions? That would all have to come out of on ice player salaries.
They apparently offered long term contracts to Duchene, Karlsson, and Stone. There is a lot of cash there. So either they lied about trying to keep them (doesn't care about the fans), or are choosing not to spend the money saved (doesn't care about the fans).

Reactions: Deku

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
They apparently offered long term contracts to Duchene, Karlsson, and Stone. There is a lot of cash there. So either they lied about trying to keep them (doesn't care about the fans), or are choosing not to spend the money saved (doesn't care about the fans).

It doesn’t really matter what they offered … and they were dominos - they wouldn’t/couldn’t offer all those guys money.

Point is they spend al the money they get each year outside a few million. No one is giving Melynk any money.

Last edited:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
It doesn’t really matter what they offered … and they were dominos - they wouldn’t/couldn’t offer all those guys money.

Point is they spend al the money they get each year outside a few million. No one is giving Melynk any money.
Do you have any proof of this claim? Or is this another one of your many unsubstantiated remarks?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Do you have any proof of this claim? Or is this another one of your many unsubstantiated remarks?

Yes - the operating cash is available from each team each year. For example the Sens are reported to have about $3 million of profit the last two years. If they were holding on to $15 million extra it would report as $18 million. The habs have a huge profit. I think they had the leagues highest profit in 19-20. That year they nearly 30 times the Sens profit and we’re not a cap team (I don’t think).

So yes, we know Geener isn’t holding ontoo any of our money. It’s healthy for the Sens to have a small profit. That doesn’t even imply that Melynk keeps that money.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ian Mendes is one of the few that I know isnt feeding us a line,he is with us fans that want better for our team and city than EM

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Mendes should have read this thread, it would have been clarified for him that Phillip's is obviously just a no good wanting something for nothing. Melnyk is a saint after all who's been more than justified in all of the 40 or 50 scandals we must be up to now.

Who suggested Phillips wanted … or didn’t want anything?

Are you aware of how Phillips was or wasn’t compensated ? Phillips was asked to have his title changed and chose to resign… maybe he was being put into Weirs position and didn’t want that much work. Who knows.

Maybe he doesn’t want to work 40-60 hrs a week …maybe he didn’t enjoy running a charity for the past 315 days. At the least we should wait for Phillips to say why he chose to leave the club.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Funny how many so many people are liars,cheap and generally are considered untrustworthy ...After they deal with our owner....Lol... Is EM jesus??And just misunderstood??

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Who suggested Phillips wanted … or didn’t want anything?

Are you aware of how Phillips was or wasn’t compensated ? Phillips was asked to have his title changed and chose to resign… maybe he was being put into Weirs position and didn’t want that much work. Who knows.

Maybe he doesn’t want to work 40-60 hrs a week …maybe he didn’t enjoy running a charity for the past 315 days. At the least we should wait for Phillips to say why he chose to leave the club.
Sure, maybe this particular one is innocent, but doubtful based on track record. Just like all the others right? The list is too long with only one consistent variable, Melnyk.

Also, you've shit up this thread for days no different than anyone else and only repeating your specific talking points, so don't pretend like you're looking for a genuine debate all of a sudden.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Sure, maybe this particular one is innocent, but doubtful based on track record. Just like all the others right? The list is too long with only one consistent variable, Melnyk.

Also, you've shit up this thread for days no different than anyone else and only repeating your specific talking points, so don't pretend like you're looking for a genuine debate all of a sudden.

Do you have any piece of evidence that suggest Phillips was wronged ?

We know the charity wasn’t bringing in a lot of money … and it’s paused … not bankrupted. Does it not make sense that they will try again when fans get back into the arena when we’ve passed this global pandemic thing?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Do you have any piece of evidence that suggest Phillips was wronged ?

We know the charity wasn’t bringing in a lot of money … and it’s paused … not bankrupted. Does it not make sense that they will try again when fans get back into the arena when we’ve passed this global pandemic thing?
Do you have any to the contrary? No? Didn't think so, so here we are relying on a few tweets and news reports alluding to it and "no comment" from one of the most storied franchise players... again.

Like I said, this one in particular could turn out to not be a "wrong doing", but the list of disputes with Melnyk as the only consistent variable is way too long to ignore the precedent set. Should quiet down soon since he's probably almost out of people to piss off at this point.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Do you have any to the contrary? No? Didn't think so, so here we are relying on a few tweets and news reports alluding to it and "no comment" from one of the most storied franchise players... again.

Like I said, this one in particular could turn out to not be a "wrong doing", but the list of disputes with Melnyk as the only consistent variable is way too long to ignore the precedent set. Should quiet down soon since he's probably almost out of people to piss off at this point.

yes - we can estimate the revenue based off the 50/50 payouts which paid out about $100G… I bet that doesn’t cover half of what Weir/Phillips were making and that’s not counting advertising, rent, legal, accounting, electricity etc.

I don’t know if they had any other sources of revenue ? Maybe a little of those cutouts ?

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
yes - we can estimate the revenue based off the 50/50 payouts which paid out about $100G… I bet that doesn’t cover half of what Weir/Phillips were making and that’s not counting advertising, rent, legal, accounting, electricity etc.
If you want to go down that rabbit hole, you go right ahead, but I don't see that as "proof" quite the way you've parroted it in this thread over and over.

There's this thing called relationships, business and otherwise, that matter, even though you've said you don't care at all about any of that stuff.

Its just more mickey mouse bs from a mickey mouse organization, which is the M.O. of the Ottawa Senators under Melnyk.

Like I said, could this one instance be justifiable? Possibly, but the list of disputes with Melnyk as the only consistent variable is way too long to ignore the precedent set. Feels like there's been back and forth's on 40 or 50 different Melnyk disputes at this point and somehow none of them were ever his fault. He has an amazing ability to invite conflict while also being a saint himself.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If you want to go down that rabbit hole, you go right ahead, but I don't see that as "proof" quite the way you've parroted it in this thread over and over.

There's this thing called relationships, business and otherwise, that matter, even though you've said you don't care at all about any of that stuff.

Its just more mickey mouse bs from a mickey mouse organization, which is the M.O. of the Ottawa Senators under Melnyk.

Like I said, could this one instance be justifiable? Possibly, but the list of disputes with Melnyk as the only consistent variable is way too long to ignore the precedent set. Feels like there's been back and forth's on 40 or 50 different Melnyk disputes at this point and somehow none of them were ever his fault. He has an amazing ability to invite conflict while also being a saint himself.

You do realize that Phillips (guy who’s job was to form relationships) QUIT … Melynk didn’t fire him. Why don’t we wait until we hear why philllips left before we add 50 more pages about Melynk being an idiot.

Perhaps Melynk was an idiot … perhaps Phillips doesn’t want a 9-5 desk job … who knows.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You do realize that Phillips (guy who’s job was to form relationships) QUIT … Melynk didn’t fire him. Why don’t we wait until we hear why philllips left before we add 50 more pages about Melynk being an idiot.

Perhaps Melynk was an idiot … perhaps Phillips doesn’t want a 9-5 desk job … who knows.
Like I said, could this one instance be justifiable? Possibly, I'm aware of that, but the list of disputes with Melnyk as the only consistent variable is way too long to ignore the precedent set and we once again have journalists alluding to it, which is all we have to go on.

We probably aren't going to hear anything from Phillips since he already said "no comment"

We either get 50 pages of Melnyk bashing or 50 pages of fan bashing and repeated mantra's from you, so what's the difference?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Like I said, could this one instance be justifiable? Possibly, I'm aware of that, but the list of disputes with Melnyk as the only consistent variable is way too long to ignore the precedent set and we once again have journalists alluding to it, which is all we have to go on.

We probably aren't going to hear anything from Phillips since he already said "no comment"

We either get 50 pages of Melnyk bashing or 50 pages of fan bashing and repeated mantra's from you, so what's the difference?

that sounds balanced to me.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

There has been zero reports of any type of dispute until that happens why are people acting like there is one?
Philips turned down a pity job because the charity is not up and running. That’s about it.
The guy has money and a family he might be enjoying his life.
Why is there a need for “dispute”

“Hey Chris we need to pause the Charity until these Covid rules are gone and the fans are back”
Philips “Doah ok”
“Hey Chris are you ok for money do you need a job to help you out”
Philips “hmm, na I’m good man we are going to go travel when everything opens up”
“Ok well good luck”

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
There has been zero reports of any type of dispute until that happens why are people acting like there is one?
Philips turned down a pity job because the charity is not up and running. That’s about it.

“Hey Chris we need to pause the Charity until these Covid rules are gone and the fans are back”
Philips “Doah ok”
“Hey Chris are you ok for money do you need a job to help you out”
Philips “hmm, na I’m good man we are going to go travel when everything opens up”
“Ok well good luck”

No kidding … well said.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Why do we assume it's a dispute? Because Melnyk's track record tells us it likely is as everything seems to be one with him, that and we have multiple journalists alluding to it along with a "no comment" from phillips.

I also didn't say it definitely is one, I said based on track record, it's likely it is. We all have these debates about each one in a bubble, but being up to like 40 or 50, I'm willing to just pass go and collect $200. At this point after so many, I say the onus ought to be to prove it wasn't a dispute, not the other way around, which I'm sure Garrioch's article should clear up by Sunday.

You are of course free to form your own opinion and judgement, as I see you have.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Okay, I'm going to take one out of your book —do you have any evidence that this wasn't one of those "you're fired, but we'll let you quit to save face" type situations?

Just asking the question.

Yes - Phillips said on the record he chose to quit. There is also some smoke around his disinterest for the promotion which is more much evidence than you suggesting Phillips is protecting Melynk after he allegedly fired him or whatever.

you are trying wayyyyy to hard to lynch Melynk. Give him time - he may do it again, but in the meantime don’t make crap up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad