Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Yes - Phillips said he chose to quit. There is also some smoke around his disinterest for the promotion which is more much evidence than you suggesting Phillips is protecting Melynk after he allegedly fired him or whatever.

you are trying wayyyyy to hard to lynch Melynk. Give him time - he may do it again, but in the meantime don’t make crap up.
Please direct us to this fictitious smoke.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yes - Phillips said he chose to quit. There is also some smoke around his disinterest for the promotion which is more much evidence than you suggesting Phillips is protecting Melynk after he allegedly fired him or whatever.
He chose not to be "re-assigned", not quite the same, nor has it been referred to as a "promotion", so that's you adding that in there as hyperbole for effect.

If you were say a Lawyer and told you were being re-assigned to be the receptionist, you wouldn't accept either.

Absurd example? Surely, but goes to show it the wording is not evidence of much.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He chose not to be "re-assigned", not quite the same, nor has it been referred to as a "promotion", so that's you adding that in there as hyperbole for effect.

If you were say a Lawyer and told you were being re-assigned to be the receptionist, you wouldn't accept either.

Absurd example? Surely, but goes to show it the wording is not evidence of much.

Do you think Phillips wants a desk job to ride out this pandemic summer with no charity to run ? Come on … it’s not that complicated.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yes - Phillips said on the record he chose to quit. There is also some smoke around his disinterest for the promotion which is more much evidence than you suggesting Phillips is protecting Melynk after he allegedly fired him or whatever.

you are trying wayyyyy to hard to lynch Melynk. Give him time - he may do it again, but in the meantime don’t make crap up.
Well, hold on. The tweet from Ian said nothing at all about CHOOSING to quit — merely that he'd handed in his resignation.

We only have a few tweets to go on, so you're making a massive assumption that hasn't been publicly confirmed here. Where did he ever say it was his choice?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Well, hold on. The tweet from Ian said nothing at all about CHOOSING to quit — merely that he'd handed in his resignation.

We only have a few tweets to go on, so you're making a massive assumption that hasn't been publicly confirmed here. Where did he ever say it was his choice?

ahhhh … it’s his choice to tender his resignation.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Where's the evidence that he wasn't compelled to do it, though? I'm not saying he didn't, I'm just asking the question. No need to get so defensive.

All we know is Phillips choice to step away vs accepting whatever reassignment Melynk graciously offered. No idea what that looks like but Phillips doesn’t need a 9-5 desk job selling tickets or cold calling potential sponsors or whatever. I’m sure you can speculate why he may not be interested in that type of thing hence the resignation.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
All we know is Phillips choice to step away vs accepting whatever reassignment Melynk graciously offered. No idea what that looks like but Phillips doesn’t need a 9-5 desk job selling tickets or cold calling potential sponsors or whatever. I’m sure you can speculate why he may not be interested in that type of thing hence the resignation.
That's possible but probably doesn't get Mendes writing a story that suggests the franchise managed to alienate him...

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Pro sports organizations don't offer former stalwarts 9-5 desk jobs selling tickets. Nor would that be a "gracious" offer. That's an insult if it were true.

Your scenario is even more Mickey Mouse bs than if they had just let him go.

Reactions: Deku and TheNewEra

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
That's possible but probably doesn't get Mendes writing a story that suggests the franchise managed to alienate him...

He is making suggestions about nothing with nothing to go off.
“Hey Chris why did you quit?”
“Hey Mendes my life choices are not for your profit mind your own business”

Hey I better type something to get clicks...

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

I haven’t read the entire Mendes article - I don’t Subscribe - what was the quote about alienation

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

We knew this was coming. First Phillips yesterday and now Mendes today. All too predictable. If everyone is so wrong about this, why wouldn't Melnyk want to get out there and explain what happened? Why is Boo Boo so quiet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deku

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Pro sports organizations don't offer former stalwarts 9-5 desk jobs selling tickets. Nor would that be a "gracious" offer. That's an insult if it were true.

Your scenario is even more Mickey Mouse bs than if they had just let him go.

My point was me at to be taken as hyperbole - but even at best you assume the best they could offer would be some developmental assignment or a corporate sponsor roll. Either way you should be able to see why he passed.

the real problem here is a lack of revenue to do anything productive anyway.

Basically ottawa bankrupted this thing to the point it had to shut it’s doors.

Last edited by a moderator:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
We knew this was coming. First Phillips yesterday and now Mendes today. Nice work.

Lol I am going to use the word slander with no clue as to what it means

Please post 1 quote or 1 piece of actual information or facts posted by Mendes.
Than please explain what slander has taken place in regards to Mendes

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Here’s is a comparison to the oilers - the 50/50 pot on may 24 alone was $1.6 million … that’s about 16x more revenue than the Sens entire seasons. That makes it a lot easier to run a charity and pay Weir than the pennies the People of Ottawa graciously donated.
Edmonton Oilers

Here is the game by game … it’s wild the revenue they acquired.
Winning Numbers

I’m trying to make sense of it … it’s crazy at first glance.

Last edited:

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
The foundation has been run like a S%$t show obviously, so I am not surprised by this at all.

If I was Phillips I would not want my name associated with it anymore.

In regards to taking another position, why? He does need a job, he may have other things he wants to do with his life.

Let EM do whatever the hell he wants with it.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The foundation has been run like a S%$t show obviously, so I am not surprised by this at all.

If I was Phillips I would not want my name associated with it anymore.

In regards to taking another position, why? He does need a job, he may have other things he wants to do with his life.

Let EM do whatever the hell he wants with it.

Was it weir or Phillips that ran it like a SS?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
My point was me at to be taken as hyperbole - but even at best you assume the best they could offer would be some developmental assignment or a corporate sponsor roll. Either way you should be able to see why he passed.

the real problem here is a lack of revenue to do anything productive anyway.

Basically ottawa fans bankrupted this thing to the point it had to shut it’s doors.
I was only using the words you provided to try to piece together the assumptions you were making on your end. We can't assume a stupid "ticket sales" job was offered any more than a respectable position for a former player of his ilk was offered.

The rest of what you've said is just your repeated mantra's as if it is fact that just serves to bring down the quality of this thread. No point discussing that misrepresentation of the circumstances colored by your bias.

I mean, reading this thread, its quite obvious the positions being taken. Some would like to give the org and Melnyk the benefit of the doubt and wait until infallible evidence to the contrary is presented. Some of us give journalists, insiders, players, employees, etc. the benefit of the doubt, or at least some of them. I feel comfortable with the latter given the track record of this being like dispute #50 for Melnyk, but I do at least acknowledge that in this particular situation, there might not have been foul play.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Seems you did a lot more assumptions with nothing to go off than Mendes did, he isn't the type to make shit up for clicks,

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Seems you did a lot more assumptions with nothing to go off than Mendes did, he isn't the type to make shit up for clicks,
Even after being called out as Bush League by Melnyk, he still kept his composure and seemed to keep it professional.

He seems like a pretty stand up guy in general.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Lol —Rumblings in the charitable sector...full of crap “insider” like attention grab
he has zero information zero quotes zero facts that he basically acusses the Sens of doing something bad to Phillips
yes it’s made up click bait nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad