Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lame try - I’ll ask you again the same question … what do you think Mendez means when he says Phillips was alienated? Be a big boy and put some words down that you don’t copy/paste off google. Even better back it up with some facts.

How did Melynk alienate Phillips? What specific actions did Melynk do to “alienate” Mr. Phillips.
I don't know the specifics so why would I guess just for your sake. I'm not in the business of making crap up. Mendes got the impression that the org did though, which is why I think the narrative you made up about the reason for Phillips departure is unlikely.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don't know the specifics so why would I guess just for your sake. I'm not in the business of making crap up. Mendes got the impression that the org did though, which is why I think the narrative you made up about the reason for Phillips departure is unlikely.

You do know the specifics - you are ignoring them.

1. you know the charity took a pause
2. You know the charity wasn’t generating enough revenue to be viable .
3. You know Phillips was offered another position.
4. You Know he declined it

you’re trying so hard to paint this as an anti Melynk issues. It’s pathetic.

How about we discuss how Ottawa fans donated about 1/30th of most other CDN franchises donated for their teams fund raising efforts.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You do know the specifics - you are ignoring them.

1. you know the charity took a pause
2. You know the charity wasn’t generating enough revenue to be viable .
3. You know Phillips was offered another position.
4. You Know he declined it

you’re trying so hard to paint this as an anti Melynk issues. It’s pathetic.

How about we discuss how Ottawa fans donated about 1/30th of most other CDN franchises donate for their teams fund raising efforts.
Those aren't actually specifics, those are all fairly vague. Specifics would come if someone like Phillips or the org offered up more than "no comment" when speaking on record. For example, what alternative position was offered, why did Phillips choose to leave, why did Weir get let go, why did the charity fail to raise more money, what other avenues did they persue for Donations than just the 50/50, and the list goes on.

I'm not trying to paint anything, I just added that Mendes is writing about his impression that the org alienated him in response to you making assumptions about the type of alternative position Phillips was offered and why he wasn't interested.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Those aren't actually specifics, those are all fairly vague. Specifics would come if someone like Phillips or the org offered up more than "no comment" when speaking on record. For example, what alternative position was offered, why did Phillips choose to leave, why did Weir get let go, why did the charity fail to raise more money, what other avenues did they persue for Donations than just the 50/50, and the list goes on.

I'm not trying to paint anything, I just added that Mendes is writing about his impression that the org alienated him in response to you making assumptions about the type of alternative position Phillips was offered and why he wasn't interested.

Please - we know the charity was paused … we know it’s wasn't profitable … we know what the team lottery payouts were. Phillips himself acknowledges he was offered another position.

These are all reported and are as factual as anything that gets reported.

Mendes failed to account for his vague use of the word Alienate. He’s welcome to provide some clarity and if he does we will be able to decide how appropriate, credible or inflammatory his
use of that word was. As it stands it represents nothing more than Phillips getting separated from his roll with Melynk.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I remember when Eklund had an account on these boards and you couldn’t say a bad word against him without it being considered flaming. Ian Mendes has an account here. Why is he not treated with the same courtesy? This attempted smear job at suggesting he’s anything but thorough and professional is pathetic.
Well their made up bs doesn't really change anything. Mendes is not a hack no matter how much they try to imply it and they're obviously just sensitive that their favourite franchise and owner is getting dragged once again and acting defensively. They've still put forward no argument other than media members are hacks and giving Melnyk the benefit of the doubt again.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I remember when Eklund had an account on these boards and you couldn’t say a bad word against him without it being considered flaming. Ian Mendes has an account here. Why is he not treated with the same courtesy? This attempted smear job at suggesting he’s anything but thorough and professional is pathetic.

Bias is everywhere

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
A decent summary and collection of media information by Senschirp.

- Thoughts on the Surprising Departure of Chris Phillips

As he points out, its a terrible look for the org either way to be clashing with yet another legacy player and have their charity foundation fall on its face while they're supposed to be rebuilding relationships with the community they'd severed.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Does anyone have any faith in FYOUS and spending to the cap when the time is right?
How long before we see one of our young developing core shipped off because of a contract?
We want star players and we want to play an exciting play driving brand of hockey but the horses to play that way will cost money eventually.. Just with what we have now , as they come off their ELCs the increase in spending is going to mount rapidly.. and we are not good enough we need better D .. goaltending well we pay for good goaltending now.. whether we get it is another story.. Me thinks, its not going to be long before .. we will have to move money out again.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Does anyone have any faith in FYOUS and spending to the cap when the time is right?
How long before we see one of our young developing core shipped off because of a contract?
We want star players and we want to play an exciting play driving brand of hockey but the horses to play that way will cost money eventually.. Just with what we have now , as they come off their ELCs the increase in spending is going to mount rapidly.. and we are not good enough we need better D .. goaltending well we pay for good goaltending now.. whether we get it is another story.. Me thinks, its not going to be long before .. we will have to move money out again.
I never thought it was anything more than something he'd conjured up in his mind without an actual plan behind it. Would love to be wrong, but I don't see them doing much positive other than drafting and development.

Reactions: cudi

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

Not really. Do I think they might spend close to the cap? Possibly. How much of that is dead money/LTIR contracts? Are they going to retain any UFAs ever, or are they just going to keep guys as RFAs because they have more control over contact structure? You can spend to or close to the cap and still be cutting corners that prevent long-term success.

I think this will become clear one way or another in the next year or two. Let’s see what they do with Connor Brown and Zub, two UFAs to be, and that will tell us all we need to know. If we let go of both as we’re about to begin our FYOUS, that says a lot. If we can never pay a single UFA what they’re worth on the market we will never have success.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
This guy is wrong

Totally him and kipper and Odog are journalists
They are not in any way tv personalities that serve up endless fluff about nothing.
Non of them are selling anything they are a public service because people need the facts..

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

You disagree with what you read so you need it to be removed from the internet?
All in the name of Ian who was so rudely attacked... how dare I say all those “bad things” about him.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You disagree with what you read so you need it to be removed from the internet?
All in the name of Ian who was so rudely attacked... how dare I say all those “bad things” about him.
Its more because you're just full of shit on this particular topic yet peddle your opinions as fact because what these guys have to say doesn't fit your narrative. Your bias is really showing through at this point and its a pretty convenient way to "win" an argument by just continuing to say nobody has any credibility that doesn't support your position. How many times have we heard this from you about various players, former players, employees, media members, etc.? 30? 40? or are we up to 50 by now?

This is coming from someone willing to acknowledge that this particular situation might not have been foul play.

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Its more because you're just full of shit on this particular topic yet peddle your opinions as fact because what these guys have to say doesn't fit your narrative. Your bias is really showing through at this point and its a pretty convenient way to "win" an argument by just continuing to say nobody has any credibility. How many times have we heard this from you about various players, former players, employees, media members, etc.? 30? 40? or are we up to 50 by now?

This is coming from someone willing to acknowledge that this particular situation might not have been foul play.

Ya but him printing a story with no facts, no quotes, no information is ‘journalism and reporting’
That’s totally what a legit reporter would do

My opinion that zero drama or disputes from anyone involved have been reported is 100% the truth
That is a fact and the truth

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ya but him printing a story with no facts, no quotes, no information is ‘journalism and reporting’
Could be yup. That's the advantage of building credibility over the years and having contacts inside the industry. Or we can believe the guy on the internet that screams no credibility every time it doesn't seem to fit his position.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
One of the worst aspects of Melnyk's ownership is that we'll never get out of the haze of distrust and we'll constantly see these overwhelmingly negative representations of the state of affairs.

I don't think anyone in this fanbase should be stupid enough to believe this team will spend to the cap or go out and sign the top UFA to an $8+ million cap hit. I don't think it's realistic and I don't care what Eugene says - I'll believe it when I see it.

BUT there's certainly reason to believe this team will slowly add to the payroll and that they'll do their best to retain their young star players. They signed Chabot and White (the latter already a disappointment to the fanbase), they spent money last UFA period on Dadonov and Murray, and now they're talking about getting another top 6 center and top 4 dman. What those pieces actually end up being is yet to be determined but I haven't seen anything from the team that says they don't have a plan in place for how they progress through this rebuild.

Maybe you think Dadonov and Murray aren't the right pieces for this team but you can't argue against the fact that they opened the wallet for two players from outside the organization.

Will they move out money at some point? Yeah, probably. No one should be under the illusion that this team doesn't have an internal budget. Will they put together a roster that can be extremely competitive for a window of time? That's what we're all waiting to see.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Could be yup. That's the advantage of building credibility over the years and having contacts inside the industry. Or we can believe the guy on the internet that screams no credibility every time it doesn't seem to fit his position.

There has been nothing negative reported by one person involved that is a fact and the truth.
You need something to be outraged about so that makes me a liar to say that?
Good god how dare I point out not one person involved has made any hint towards bad blood or drama

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
That’s totally what a legit reporter would do

My opinion that zero drama or disputes from anyone involved have been reported is 100% the truth
That is a fact and the truth
It's a bold and very incorrect assumption to make that Ian would've published any of this without confirming it through a couple of sources at minimum. A lack of live voices in the piece doesn't mean a lack of legwork or background information.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It's a bold and very incorrect assumption to make that Ian would've published any of this without confirming it through a couple of sources at minimum. A lack of live voices in the piece doesn't mean a lack of legwork or background information.

He didn’t report anything...how do you not see that.
He works on the internet looking for clicks so he wrote something
Something with no facts, no background no reasons nothing
Like what do you think he is “confirming” with his secret sources here?

Would you be happy if Wier and Phillips refused to run a charity because they are not getting paid enough..
Melnyk can’t just fire these guys they had to mutually agree to terminate a contract.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There has been nothing negative reported by one person involved that is a fact and the truth.
You need something to be outraged about so that makes me a liar to say that?
Good god how dare I point out not one person involved has made any hint towards bad blood or drama
No, that's not correct. It's that we don't know if what is reported is true, but we also don't know if its not. We don't know where Ian is getting his information. Your position is far to established for something you don't know the truth about.

Should it be taken with a grain of salt? Sure, but should we believe you that there's absolutely nothing to it? No, obviously not.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017

The only thing I'll point out re your assertion that Mendes is not a real journalist and just after click bait, is that he works for a publication that is member only. Clickbait writers (or whatever you want to call them) work for typically free content web sites who just want clicks for general ad model machines. The more clicks and eye balls, the more ad revenue. The Athletic on the other hand, is a member only site - there are no extra $ in getting more eye balls to click on anything when his articles are behind a paywall, the same way articles are for the Globe, NYT and Economist. Your point is misaligned with the nature of journalism at this point, basically.

Reactions: Bileur

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The only thing I'll point out re your assertion that Mendes is not a real journalist and just after click bait, is that he works for a publication that is member only. Clickbait writers (or whatever you want to call them) work for typically free content web sites who just want clicks for general ad model machines. The more clicks and eye balls, the more ad revenue. The Athletic on the other hand, is a member only site - there are no extra $ in getting more eye balls to click on anything when his articles are behind a paywall, the same way articles are for the Globe, NYT and Economist. Your point is misaligned with the nature of journalism at this point, basically.
Just pointing out that you quoted the wrong person — you're looking to respond to @supsens.

Reactions: DrSense

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

So your saying he has more pressure and is committed to write something no matter what...
If he does not produce “news” or have anything to write he is in trouble..
They track the numbers of eyes on his stuff and if he does not perform he is done like dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad