Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
He didn’t report anything...how do you not see that.
He works on the internet looking for clicks so he wrote something
Something with no facts, no background no reasons nothing
Like what do you think he is “confirming” with his secret sources here?

Would you be happy if Wier and Phillips refused to run a charity because they are not getting paid enough..
Melnyk can’t just fire these guys they had to mutually agree to terminate a contract.
What exactly are you arguing here? I haven’t followed everything so might be confused, but what do you mean he didn’t report anything? All he said was Phillips resigned and then Friedman said they let go of the other guy so that’s why Phillips resigned. Am I missing something?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What exactly are you arguing here? I haven’t followed everything so might be confused, but what do you mean he didn’t report anything? All he said was Phillips resigned and then Friedman said they let go of the other guy so that’s why Phillips resigned. Am I missing something?

No not at all, I was saying nothing negative has been reported by anyone so I am a liar.....
Philips had to ‘resign’ the charity was shut down.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No not at all, I was saying nothing negative has been reported by anyone so I am a liar.....
Philips had to ‘resign’ the charity was shut down.
So even if you don't believe it, which is certainly your right, you're claiming that nothing put out by Mendes, Scanlan, Friedman or anyone else was negative or referred to being alienated by the organization?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
So even if you don't believe it, which is certainly your right, you're claiming that nothing put out by Mendes, Scanlan, Friedman or anyone else was negative or referred to being alienated by the organization?

No I do not, obviously he was offered a pity job and declined, until he does anything to suggest he was done wrong by I refuse to randomly accuse others of doing something bad to him.
There are many reasons for a millionaire to not want a desk job and the truth is putting athletes in executive positions handling money and organizing at that scale with zero experience is a huge risk so the result could be far from just “melnyk”

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No I do not, obviously he was offered a pity job and declined, until he does anything to suggest he was done wrong by I refuse to randomly accuse others of doing something bad to him.
There are many reasons for a millionaire to not want a desk job and the truth is putting athletes in executive positions handling money and organizing at that scale with zero experience is a huge risk so the result could be far from just “melnyk”
I wasn't asking for your opinion, I don't care what you think about the story, I was only clarifying that your previous comment was not correct and that negative aspects were in fact implied and reported, even if you don't believe them to be factual. That was your original position as you started calling them click bait hacks and other insults. Reality is, its all we have to go on for now and like with anything unconfirmed, take it with a grain of salt, but certainly can't just be waved away because the angry guy on the internet said so.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I wasn't asking for your opinion, I don't care what you think about the story, I was only clarifying that your previous comment was not correct and that negative aspects were in fact implied and reported, even if you don't believe them to be factual. That was your original position as you started calling them click bait hacks and other insults. Reality is, its all we have to go on for now and like with anything unconfirmed, take it with a grain of salt, but certainly can't just be waved away because the angry guy on the internet said so.

The hockey news or the athletic is not news they are entertainment rags.
These people are hired by networks to generate attention, I am not sure what kind of job you think they have but acting like Glen greenwald type journalism is going on here is a massive stretch to say the least

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
These people are hired by networks to generate attention, I am not sure what kind of job you think they have but acting like Glen greenwald type journalism is going on here is a massive stretch to say the least
If those are the only two ends of the spectrum you understand — clickbait or Glenn Greenwald-style investigative journalism — might I recommend some journalism courses so you can gain a better understanding of what you don't know? There's an excellent journalism program at both Carleton and Algonquin.

Reactions: Deku

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The story that should be told here is the failure of the foundation. Blame Melynk, blame Weir/Philllips, blame Covid, or blame the Ottawa fans … but this foundation hardly raised any more money than a decent school fundraiser. Ottawa fans raised about 5% of what other CDN markets do and that is the root cause of this pause and subsequent seperation of Weir/Phillips.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Like I said, I don't really care what your opinion on these guys is and in typical fashion you're switching gears again. Regardless of what you may think, saying this doesn't make it true.

No matter how credible you think these guys are, they still have more than the angry guy on the internet obviously upset over another negative story being put out.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I am not saying the negativity isn't warranted, although I do think it's a bit much.

My issue is that if these negative stories keep fans away from the building and hurt merchandising and everything else, then the long term health of our team is being damaged. Ottawa already faces so many challenges to be competitive. These negative stories just add another layer.

Personally, I don't care about the petty squabbles, he-said she-said crap. Do I wish Melnyk was an Obama and not a Trump? 100% absolutely I do. But he is who he is. It's not "my head in the sand" I just don't see how bitching about it on a message board is going to change anything. If the strategy is to get Melnyk to surrender and sell, I don't see that happening. In fact, Melnyk is probably the type to dig in deeper with every new fight.

Yes, we can boycott the team but aren't we just hurting the health/competitiveness of the team we cheer for if we do that?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I am not saying the negativity isn't warranted, although I do think it's a bit much.

My issue is that if these negative stories keep fans away from the building and hurt merchandising and everything else, then the long term health of our team is being damaged. Ottawa already faces so many challenges to be competitive. These negative stories just add another layer.

Personally, I don't care about the petty squabbles, he-said she-said crap. Do I wish Melnyk was an Obama and not a Trump? 100% absolutely I do. But he is who he is. It's not "my head in the sand" I just don't see how bitching about it on a message board is going to change anything. If the strategy is to get Melnyk to surrender and sell, I don't see that happening. In fact, Melnyk is probably the type to dig in deeper with every new fight.

Yes, we can boycott the team but aren't we just hurting the health/competitiveness of the team we cheer for if we do that?
I’d argue we hurt it more by keeping Melnyk afloat and enabling him to continue to run a shoestring operation.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This isn’t true … you could suck $10 more million from his revenue and he easily pulls it out of the roster.
Not arguing for it as a real legitimate strategy, but he'd probably be in pretty tight to go much lower at this point. They inflated their cap number about as much as possible and still spent below the floor in real spending the last couple years. There's only so much fake cap dollars to go around.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Pathetic people. Head in the sand rather than deal with things as they are

You should be open to different perspectives … everything suggested that opposes the majority view isn’t automatically contrarians looking to troll.

Here is your view on the org after the EK trade.

“ We got less for Karlsson than We gave up for Duchene. This whole team is clown shoes.”

Now with two years of hindsight I’m sure you feel that we did indeed get more for EK than MD.

My point is to allow other voices to be heard … you don’t need to agree with them but 99% majority views around here don’t make things right.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Not arguing for it as a real legitimate strategy, but he'd probably be in pretty tight to go much lower at this point. They inflated their cap number about as much as possible and still spent below the floor in real spending the last couple years. There's only so much fake cap dollars to go around.

My concern is that he would start giving away top picks/prospects to acquire the best dead cap contracts before he lost money on any sale.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If he’s hurting financially as much as he claims he is, he can’t withstand such major losses. If he’s not, he’s a liar who I don’t care to support.

He isn’t hurting now - he’s tied revenue to expenses and can play in the building for another 20 years. The only thing that will hurt is the roster spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad