Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Lol —Rumblings in the charitable sector...full of crap “insider” like attention grab
he has zero information zero quotes zero facts that he basically acusses the Sens of doing something bad to Phillips
yes it’s made up click bait nonsense
You don't know the first thing about Ian Mendes or you wouldn't make such baseless accusations. And it's kind of disgusting that we live in a world where some ignoramus behind a keyboard can not only pretend, but actually believe, that they know more than a professional journalist with a track record of respectability.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A
Lol —Rumblings in the charitable sector...full of crap “insider” like attention grab
he has zero information zero quotes zero facts that he basically acusses the Sens of doing something bad to Phillips
And I'm sure you have all the sources...

Some people have credibility, built through a history or earning people's trust with honest reporting. Mendes is one of those people. Who are you though, an anonymous poster on a msg board making accusations. Not sure who's word I should have trust in...

Reactions: Deku

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You don't actually know this though, nor are the accusations egregious. He could have been told something off the record by Phillips or someone else that he can't include in the article.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Chris Phillips could have easily said something nice on the way out if there were no hard feelings. He played his entire career there. His number is hanging from the rafters. For him to say zilch means it was not a good parting of ways. And whether it is perceived on his end, whether it was necessary because Ottawa doesn't do Sens charity, or whether Melnyk was being a dick, no one knows. But the optics are not good

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Most of it is in the tweet, there's a bit more in the full article

How have they alienated him ? By shutting down a charity that was bleeding money ? Did you see the type of revenue the other CDN charities bringing to let them operate ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How have they alienated him ? By shutting down a charity that was bleeding money ? Did you see the type of revenue the other CDN charities bringing to let them operate ?
These are questions you should ask Mendes, he has an account here and at least when he was with TSN was open to getting emails, or better yet Phillips. I won't be speculating on that.

Mendes, who actully talked to people involved , got the impression that it was not an amicable seperation. Maybe he was told stuff on background, maybe he's speculating based on the tidbits he's heard, but he's earned enough trust for me to believe he isn't making shit up, that's not really his MO.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
You don't know the first thing about Ian Mendes or you wouldn't make such baseless accusations. And it's kind of disgusting that we live in a world where some ignoramus behind a keyboard can not only pretend, but actually believe, that they know more than a professional journalist with a track record of respectability.

‘Journalist? Lol sure and so is Eklund
He is a entertainment writer and his job is 100% looking for clicks

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Terrible look on the Sens any way you slice it...Sounds complicated, but then again with EM, isnt it always?

If anyone wants to hear some good stuff about the Sens, and how apparently they aren't cheap with how they treat their players (*active ones.. :help:), it was nice hearing Zack Smith say some warm things about the team and how they operate from a players standpoint.....They even have a chef now (yay lol!?)...

Last edited:
Reactions: Yak

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
These are questions you should ask Mendes, he has an account here and at least when he was with TSN was open to getting emails, or better yet Phillips. I won't be speculating on that.

Mendes, who actully talked to people involved , got the impression that it was not an amicable seperation. Maybe he was told stuff on background, maybe he's speculating based on the tidbits he's heard, but he's earned enough trust for me to believe he isn't making shit up, that's not really his MO.

Lots of maybes there … it’s also possible Weir/Philip’s are a little humbled by the fact their charity raised 5% of other teams - maybe they dont want to slag the fans for their poor contribution.

I like Mendes but the only thing I can link to his “alienation” comment for now is Phillips was removed from his position as the charity closed/paused - other franchises who had $10 million in the bank would stay open the Sens need to save their pennies because us fans only bought $0.1 million worth of tickets.

Questions.

1. how much money did the charity bring in?

2. how much money was the charity able to give to various programs?

3. how much did the charity pay in admin costs

4. what was the current financial position at the time of the pause.

- my guess is the charity brought in $0.1 million, didnt give any money to anyone, paid out $.5 in salary, admin, expenses, and is under water for $0.4 or so.

Had Ottawa’s efforts lead by Weir and Phillips been as successful as Edmonton and other team they should have had about $10 million in revenue.

So … do we blame Melynk, Weir/Phillips, or the fans who didn’t swipe their CC’s.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Terrible look on the Sens any way you slice it...Sounds complicated, but then again with EM, isnt it always?

If anyone wants to hear some good stuff about the Sens, and how apparently they aren't cheap with how they treat their players (*active ones.. :help:), it was nice hearing Zack Smith say some warm things about the team and how they operate from a players standpoint.....They even have a chef now (yay lol!?)...

Interesting to hear a couple players appreciating “playing in a farmers field in the middle of January” … both Methot and Smith seemed to appreciate a short drive to the rink each day.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Interesting to hear a couple players appreciating “playing in a farmers field in the middle of January” … both Methot and Smith seemed to appreciate a short drive to the rink each day.

They seem like they are trying to help the sens out a bit with that one.
Man I wish he would sell, this no fans no money is dragging on and on.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lots of maybes there … it’s also possible Weir/Philip’s are a little humbled by the fact their charity raised 5% of other teams - maybe they dont want to slag the fans for their poor contribution.

I like Mendes but the only thing I can link to his “alienation” comment for now is Phillips was removed from his position as the charity closed/paused - other franchises who had $10 million in the bank would stay open the Sens need to save their pennies because us fans only bought $0.1 million worth of tickets.

Questions.

1. how much money did the charity bring in?

2. how much money was the charity able to give to various programs?

3. how much did the charity pay in admin costs

4. what was the current financial position at the time of the pause.

- my guess is the charity brought in $0.1 million, didnt give any money to anyone, paid out $.5 in salary, admin, expenses, and is under water for $0.4 or so.

Had Ottawa’s efforts lead by Weir and Phillips been as successful as Edmonton and other team they should have had about $10 million in revenue.

So … do we blame Melynk, Weir/Phillips, or the fans who didn’t swipe their CC’s.

So your position is Mendes is making it up then?

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I thought Shawn Simpson alluded to the fact that both Chris Phillips and his wife Erin recruited Brad Weir hard to join the fold once the original sens foundation branches away, and it worked. He speculated that because the sens let Brad go, that the Phillips’ didn’t want any part of the org without Brad or felt the need to distance themselves after putting their reputation on the line to recruit Brad.

Takeaway here from my side: whatever the reason may be, the fact that two legacy players felt the need to leave the organization that retired their numbers is a major cause for concern and it doesn’t matter the financial climate, it is disappointing how little the sens do to build with a legacy. The estrangement of such vital figures in the sens history just feels wrong on so many levels. Even little things like not bringing the anthem singer back shows how petty they can get. What a friggin’ shame

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Chris Phillips could have easily said something nice on the way out if there were no hard feelings. He played his entire career there. His number is hanging from the rafters. For him to say zilch means it was not a good parting of ways. And whether it is perceived on his end, whether it was necessary because Ottawa doesn't do Sens charity, or whether Melnyk was being a dick, no one knows. But the optics are not good

Or the charity he was helping run went bankrupt and he was having a bit of a failure feeling and didn't want to "talk" at all about it.
Or He might think Melnyk is a chep ass who should have paid to keep the charity open. and he didn't want drama so he said nothing.
Or They could have had a huge fight and shut down for non money reasons.
Or Melnyk is so out to lunch they might have signed a NDA 5 months ago and we will never know what happened

Does any reason or story change anything?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So your position is Mendes is making it up then?

What has he claimed ? That Phillips was alienated ? It depends what the intent and meaning behind that word is Mendes could be using the word to simply mean Phillips was left out of his past roll… which is true after the charity failed to generate any money. the extra implication in the word is fuelling speculation and clicks. Selling anti Melynk material in Ottawa is good for business. Nobody wants to read nice stuff about Melynk … just look here - this thread is the most popular … there is no buy tickets thread or nice thread about PD/EM.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It appears the flames were able to deliver over $1.o million of charity this season from their 50/50 … that implies $1.0 of lottery winnings and what ever the admin costs were. Conservatively Flames fans donated about $2.5-3.0 million which is potentially around 30x more than Sens fans ($0.1).

Calgary Flames Foundation RE/MAX 50/50

A classic case of Ottawa fans blaming their terrible owner when in reality they totally balked at swiping their credit card. No traffic, no parking lot excuses. We could even drink $1 beer from home.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The leafs 50/50 runs concurrent with the raptors but they still raise 5 figure payouts most games. A quick glance has 2 games exceeding our entire season of fund raising.

No wonder Melynk had to shut this down.

50/50

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What has he claimed ? That Phillips was alienated ? It depends what the intent and meaning behind that word is Mendes could be using the word to simply mean Phillips was left out of his past roll… which is true after the charity failed to generate any money. the extra implication in the word is fuelling speculation and clicks. Selling anti Melynk material in Ottawa is good for business. Nobody wants to read nice stuff about Melynk … just look here - this thread is the most popular … there is no buy tickets thread or nice thread about PD/EM.
That's some next level spin right there, Mendes just meant that Phillips was left out of his past role? Seems pretty clear you have zero interest in an honest discussion so I'm done entertaining your nonsense.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That's some next level spin right there, Mendes just meant that Phillips was left out of his past role? Seems pretty clear you have zero interest in an honest discussion so I'm done entertaining your nonsense.

Excuse me ? What are you suggesting it means ? What can you “honestly” claim he meant?

My suggestion is based on facts . Phillips position was closed/paused and he was offered a different position which he declined meaning he has left the org.

You’re the one dishonestly weaving meaning into the facts.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Excuse me ? What are you suggesting it means ? What can you “honestly” claim he meant?

My suggestion is based on facts . Phillips position was closed/paused and he was offered a different position which he declined meaning he has left the org.

You’re the one dishonestly weaving meaning into the facts.
Go ask Mendes what he means by alienated if you like, your attempt to manipulate the meaning of his words is frankly absurd

Definition of alienate
transitive verb
1: to cause to be estranged : to make unfriendly, hostile, or indifferent especially where attachment formerly existed

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Go ask Mendes what he means by alienated if you like, your attempt to manipulate the meaning of his words is frankly absurd

Definition of alienate
transitive verb
1: to cause to be estranged : to make unfriendly, hostile, or indifferent especially where attachment formerly existed

Lame try - I’ll ask you again the same question … what do you think Mendez means when he says Phillips was alienated? Be a big boy and put some words down that you don’t copy/paste off google. Even better back it up with some facts.

How did Melynk alienate Phillips? What specific actions did Melynk do to “alienate” Mr. Phillips.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad