Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So how's "the bust" doing? Some interesting quotes I have read regarding Brannstrom lately :

"Rather have 1st in this draft than 1st round bust"

"I think Lavoie for Brannstrom is a wash". (Raphael Lavoie lol)

"Canes pass hard. KK's their future 2C. They're not giving him up for a 3rd line winger and a fringe NHLer" (this was a Kotkaniemi and Anttoni Honka for Connor Brown and Erik Brannstrom proposal)

"Add brannstrom to the Savard deal and change that 2nd to a 3rd." (it was Tampa's 2nd for David Savard proposal. That poster suggested we change the 2nd for a 3rd AND add Erik Brannstrom. lol)

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Brannstrom is looking better every game. I think a lightswitch went off in his head and he is forcing the team to keep him. I'm starting to be impressed. I was resigned to the possibility that he may be a bust but it's looking more and more like he might actually be a solid NHLer.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I see no reason why we can’t go into next year
with:
Chabot - Zaitsev
Sanderson - zub
Branny-holden

Use branny up and down that lineup just like he is doing now. A sort of hybrid 3rd pairing guy get Zaitsev off the ice or pair him with holden when need be.

Reactions: Loach

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I see no reason why we can’t go into next year
with:
Chabot - Zaitsev
Sanderson - zub
Branny-holden

Use branny up and down that lineup just like he is doing now. A sort of hybrid 3rd pairing guy get Zaitsev off the ice or pair him with holden when need be.

I absolutely do.

I think:

Chabot-Brannstrom
Sanderson-Zub
Holden-Zaitsev

can be an actual thing next year. Exciting.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Chabot brannstrom will not be a full time thing. We need to let go of that Fantasy. But it can be a thing half the time.

I think we will see

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Zaitsev
Holden-Brannstrom

Half the time and

Chabot-Brannstrom
Sanderson-Zub
Holden-Zaitsev

the other half. The moment Zaitsev really falters.. then Holden will replace him alongside Sanderson.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think we will see

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Zaitsev
Holden-Brannstrom

Half the time and

Chabot-Brannstrom
Sanderson-Zub
Holden-Zaitsev

the other half. The moment Zaitsev really falters.. then Holden will replace him alongside Sanderson.
I would rather Zaitsev with Chabot. Chabot is used to him and carries him.

I would not intro a rookie into the league with Zaitsev as his partner.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think we will see

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Zaitsev
Holden-Brannstrom

Half the time and

Chabot-Brannstrom
Sanderson-Zub
Holden-Zaitsev

delete wrong post

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I would rather Zaitsev with Chabot. Chabot is used to him and carries him.

I would not intro a rookie into the league with Zaitsev as his partner.

For some reason I think they can click. And Chabot with Zub means they are the bonafide top pairing and Sanderson/Zaitsev/Holden/Brann can be used strategically.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I absolutely do.

I think:

Chabot-Brannstrom
Sanderson-Zub
Holden-Zaitsev

can be an actual thing next year. Exciting.

Not next year but hoping to see soon :

Chabot - Brannstrom
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - JBD

I thought they didn't want to play Brannstrom on RD? lol how stupidly stubborn can they be? Maybe it was what Brannstrom needed to gain confidence? Also playing with the best D-man on the team surely helps. He looked good with Zub last season too.

If having that kind of partner puts less pressure on Chabot it's even better, that way he won't feel he has to do it all.

I love how stupid Brannstrom is making Dorian and DJ look.

lol like if we needed that

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Only idiots think that he is now succeeding because of them instead despite of them.

But you know the narrative in advance if/when the team really turns a corner... how great of a job Dorion has done!!!

Well he simply inherited Chabot and several prime assets that he could trade for a bunch of high end futures, even Josh Norris, Erik Brannstrom and a 3rd overall pick. Good thing he didn't screw up on Tkachuk and Sanderson selections!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think he's been given the big GREEN LIGHT .. to just bring what he can... and he is really showing his strengths.
Hockey sense, puck skills are on display. I think he's been ok defensively.. and his with the puck play has been very good.
He is not being harshly judged for the odd defensive short coming and the reins have been let go to let him play to his strengths.
I know people have said he has not improved ..he was always great but his dzone play has improved whether its just time space awareness that everyone has to improve on when they enter the league or its more than that. I find he is using his teammates in tight spots vs trying to beat the man with his feet much better.

Beauty feed to Norris. He had another one from behind the net .. I think it was to Gaudette that didn't work but it was a really nice quick play.
His passing has been excellent.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The Sens needed another puck mover to carry it out, make the breakout, and join the rush. This is the element that we have seen improve since the Calgary game. Brannstrom, despite not being perfect on the backend, brings those other elements in spades. I like this Brannstrom, Unleashed!

With him in the line-up, we will score more goals, stay less in our zone, and profit.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad