Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It was a matter of time until he put it all together. Coaches probably held him back to start the year but it is what it is.

DJ seems to have gotten over himself when it comes to Bran and that's another very positive development. I see no point in continously being bitter about how he was treated earlier. Gotta thing DJ learned his lesson.

Reactions: NB613

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
Could the Sens be on their way to having, maybe, the most offensively skilled defense group in the league?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It was a matter of time until he put it all together. Coaches probably held him back to start the year but it is what it is.

DJ seems to have gotten over himself when it comes to Bran and that's another very positive development. I see no point in continously being bitter about how he was treated earlier. Gotta thing DJ learned his lesson.
What makes you think this wasn't a development path for Brannstrom vs. being a "lesson" DJ had to learn? Some of you guys say the funniest shit man. When the team continuously does a good job developing its young talent you should clearly see there's pattern there. It's not like they keep falling into good young players in spite of the coaching staff.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Lol, what? In what way? Who do we have besides Chabot and Brannstrom?

I'm guessing he's including Sanderson in that group. But, yeah, it's still not even close. Colorado and Tampa both have loads of skill (offensive and defensive).

We're improving but teams like that are the benchmark. Hopefully we get there one day.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Could the Sens be on their way to having, maybe, the most offensively skilled defense group in the league?
Colorado has Makar, Toews, Girard and Byram.

No one is close, however the sens d core looks alot better with Brannstrom playing like this.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If they add one of Jiricek or Nemec at the 2022 draft that would further strengthen a future defence corps with another 1st rder.

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson
- Zub
Brannstrom - Thomson
Kleven - Jiricek
Heatherington - Guennette
Romeo - Roger

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Until DJ stops obsessing over guys like josh brown , gudbranson , coburn and zaitzev types I won’t say he has learned

let’s see I guess

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What makes you think this wasn't a development path for Brannstrom vs. being a "lesson" DJ had to learn? Some of you guys say the funniest shit man. When the team continuously does a good job developing its young talent you should clearly see there's pattern there. It's not like they keep falling into good young players in spite of the coaching staff.

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Reactions: Bileur and SensHulk

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You gotta be kidding me. Wtf are these guys doing after the game? Are they clubbing right after with 500 people or what.

I've been moving around left and right recently and havent caught it, how these guys have like 5 games in 10 days and catching it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You gotta be kidding me. Wtf are these guys doing after the game? Are they clubbing right after with 500 people or what.

I've been moving around left and right recently and havent caught it, how these guys have like 5 games in 10 days and catching it.

Bro you can catch it just by going to any store or interacting momentarily with someone who has it. Almost everyone I know in Montreal has had it now.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Bro you can catch it just by going to any store or interacting momentarily with someone who has it. Almost everyone I know in Montreal has had it now.

They're hockey players, you'd think they'd have some sort of like precaution. I've been travelling and meeting people left and right, but erring on side of caution, and I'm gucci. I caught covid before(over year ago) in randomest of ways, so I know its contagious suddenly, but how these guys continuously out and about to catch it this often, lool.

I've literally been in same room for an hour as 3-4 different people that tested positive next day and I'm good. I think the guys don't practice any type of social distancing or anything of that sort at all.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

Probably cause they've been travelling through Justin "I like where we're at in this country" Faulk's America for the past week.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Probably cause they've been travelling through Justin "I like where we're at in this country" Faulk's America for the past week.

The most probable of explanations, but still a bit befuddling to me. If there was time off, I get it. But they got their own jet and we been playing a lot, just weird to see one guy get it and not others.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa

Many people are asymptomatic, but these guys are tested daily. So many people, most in fact, will never know they were exposed.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

This DJ is against Brann thing is made up here, there is no proof. He wasn't good enough at the beginning of the yr & needed more development time, plus there was the numbers thing & he was the only one that was waiver exempt, that's not DJ's fault. Now he is playing much better & getting his opportunity again.

They have done the same thing to a lot of other guys over the yrs, Paul has been up & down, so has Batherson, now it's Lassi & JBD going up & down. It's just this board that has an infactuation with Brann that keep complaining the coach has something against him.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
This DJ is against Brann thing is made up here, there is no proof. He wasn't good enough at the beginning of the yr & needed more development time, plus there was the numbers thing & he was the only one that was waiver exempt, that's not DJ's fault. Now he is playing much better & getting his opportunity again.

They have done the same thing to a lot of other guys over the yrs, Paul has been up & down, so has Batherson, now it's Lassi & JBD going up & down. It's just this board that has an infactuation with Brann that keep complaining the coach has something against him.

Funny how you demand proof of DJ’s feelings as if that would ever exist, while making assumptions about development that are contradicted by what actually happened during the season.

You say he needed additional development, when did this happen Aragorn?

Was it when he went down and all we could read on here was about his poor performance in the AHL?

Was it in those two games he played in November when we still heard he sucked?

Was it when he missed ~6 weeks to injury?

Or, maybe, was it just that he was finally given a chance at the NHL level after the Sens « switched to development mode » and allowed him to build confidence?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad